Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Messy Lion King Clip

198 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Mariano said:

It's not bad, but yeah I just can't get over the emotionless faces :rip:  This is why this remake shouldn't have been done in the first place.

Related image

This is how Simba looks at his dad in the sky and in this new version... let me not :skull:  It's just a lion looking at the sky:bibliahh: No emotion I just can't. 

I would've loved if they remade Lion King with next level cgi, but still made them slightly animated so that they can portray feelings and emotions. It would've been a huge hit. WIth these real ass animals it's just not it. 

How did the dragons on GOT show so much outstanding emotions but TLK failed... :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Walk_Away21 said:

I read the jungle book did motion capture which is probably why the faces looked better. Doesn’t seem like they used it here.

That’s so weird, wouldn’t motion capture make it easier on the animators?

it looks good... for a hyper realistic CGI documentary. As for a movie that serves to be storytelling and emotional, it's not working at all

8 pages of people dragging it while I'm sure I will bump into all of them lining up in the theaters :cm:.

I'll take the opinion of people and critics who have seen it. Thanks.:cm:

15 hours ago, DirtyPony87 said:

This logic/straw-man fallacy is such an annoying and idiotic way to argue. “Well...you try to do it better then!” Uhhh...no? I can have an opinion regardless of my vocation and expertise on the subject. Why don’t we focus on the argument instead of trying to deflect? It’s logic like this, false equivalences, and these “what about” arguments that really set me off because they are actually so stupid and the death to actual debate and discourse.

Sis, you betta preach!

On 7/11/2019 at 5:06 AM, Rafael said:

8 pages of people dragging it while I'm sure I will bump into all of them lining up in the theaters :cm:.

:ahh:

On 7/11/2019 at 4:11 AM, PrettyHurts said:

This clip slays and actually makes me excited for the movie 

hakuna matata looks and sounds terrible tho 

mte this video is actually great :lmao: 

4 hours ago, Yanko said:

:ahh:

There are tons of critics praising it just as much as there are many people dragging it. It's a divisive movie not a penned movie.

And the fact still remains that most of you will still help its opening weekend numbers be as great as everyone know it will be :cm:.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:55 AM, yASSsss said:

I felt like I was watching one of those Nat Geo documentaries :priceless:

A parody of them I would say :oh:

The first time I see a clip from the movie

I think the reason it looks/sounds so off is because the computer graphics are extremely realistic for the animals. People are used to seeing cartoonish animals with human voices, but this looks like a BBC nature documentary with human voices on top. 

In the future people will get used to it, but now it looks really strange

On 7/10/2019 at 4:25 PM, Dante said:

They shouldve hired this cat it has more emotion

161.jpg

:deadbanana2:

On 7/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, Rafael said:

I mean, it is The Lion King, one of the most beloved animated classics ever, so people will watch it

But yeah, it's shaping up to be ****