Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Messy Lion King Clip

197 posts in this topic

i'm dead at no one replying to your thread so you came back four minutes later to repeat yourself 

anyway, the critics that saw it have been praising it and the only complaints thus far has been how difficult it is for photorealistic lions to emote, and that's valid

See this is the problem with this 'live-action' thing. The animals can't actually emote so their 'speech/singing' is never gonna line up properly to what it should be. If this is what the whole movie is gonna be like and everything is gonna feel out of place... chile...

This is a bad look for the film. I can't believe they are letting this happen. I think Bey shoud've never did this because it will mess up her image. 

It's not bad, but yeah I just can't get over the emotionless faces :rip:  This is why this remake shouldn't have been done in the first place.

Related image

This is how Simba looks at his dad in the sky and in this new version... let me not :skull:  It's just a lion looking at the sky:bibliahh: No emotion I just can't. 

I would've loved if they remade Lion King with next level cgi, but still made them slightly animated so that they can portray feelings and emotions. It would've been a huge hit. WIth these real ass animals it's just not it. 

Yeah they should’ve kept it animated.  The graphics are very impressive and realistic, but for a movie like this where they’re characters that sing, it doesn’t work well when they show 0 emotion :rip: