Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Why did ATRL peak in 2014?

77 posts in this topic

...in terms of member attendance and daily posts in the Base and The Lounge subthreads? Literally every 5 minutes, a new conversation would be up to talk to and it was so colorful and interesting and diverse to see how many members would be posting and how ATRL felt like an online site version of New York where 24/7, atleast 25 people would be online talking about different topics. Nowadays, threads and last posts are being made within minutes, sometimes hours between each new topic within the two subthreads. Why is that? Is there genuinely lesser interest in the site as a whole? Was 2014 ATRL peak?

2011/2012 sweetie, I am so sorry...

Excellent new music to talk about

I joined that year, I was a MESS and a lot of members too. Pop culture was at its peak. 

2014/2015 were the peak years here, 2016 was also good, but after 2017 it became a sensitive garbage dump, free speech is banned and you can’t say what’s really in your mind because you get warned or banned, and you have to act in a certain way to keep going, the members that are like “ :biblio: “ in every single honest comment here have ruined the forum.

everything u post nowdays gets you a warning point

that's why i dont ever bother opening a thread 

11 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

Tea.  atrl used to be relatively lawless. :skull:  And it wasn’t just a mess, there was a much better sense of community.  Even users who fought constantly could still be friends.  Now it’s just black and white.

1 minute ago, Dancehall said:

Tea.  atrl used to be relatively lawless. :skull:  And it wasn’t just a mess, there was a much better sense of community.  Even users who fought constantly could still be friends.  Now it’s just black and white.

True.

5 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I joined that year, I was a MESS and a lot of members too. Pop culture was at its peak. 

2014/2015 were the peak years here, 2016 was also good, but after 2017 it became a sensitive garbage dump, free speech is banned and you can’t say what’s really in your mind because you get warned or banned, and you have to act in a certain way to keep going, the members that are like “ :biblio: “ in every single honest comment here have ruined the forum.

Not gonna lie, I do the biblios too, but I do agree with you on how overly sensitive people are nowadays, especially over the damn internet while we are at the cancel culture/SJW peak. Anything you say will be held against you in the court of justice type of **** :deadbanana4:

“Reporting” trolls used to be fun back then especially getting to see “warned” on their nasty comments.

2 minutes ago, fememeist said:

Not gonna lie, I do the biblios too, but I do agree with you on how overly sensitive people are nowadays, especially over the damn internet while we are at the cancel culture/SJW peak. Anything you say will be held against you in the court of justice type of **** :deadbanana4:

I don’t know what’s the point of it, twitter and atrl can warn you and ban you all the time but that’s not gonna change people’s minds, dialogue is the way to go.

I agree banning openly racist, homophobic and other kind of heavy discrimination. But people are getting banned left and right because of comments like “ I don’t think there are 1837382983$373 genders” or disagreeing with topics like illegal immigration in Europe.

It’s censorship and this website has lost like 60% of its traffic thanks to this.

I did join that year...so you’re welcome I guess 

I can still remember ATRL leaking 1989:jonny5:A legendary moment:jonny5:

2019TRL can never:jonny5:

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

I did join that year...so you’re welcome I guess 

Your posts started popping off just 2 years ago sis, but whew your longevity and posting track record >>>>

24 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

Those were the good years. No Holds Barred, Dirty Talk, the blogs, Stand Your Ground having no rules... y'all missed it. 

Just now, Nick_317 said:

I can still remember ATRL leaking 1989:jonny5:A legendary moment:jonny5:

2019TRL can never:jonny5:

I still remember the TaylorNation scares :jonny6:

Ariana being the new hot girl and how I was rooting for Problem to be blocked the following week so she wouldn’t get a number one(at the time) :jonny6:

But asides from popgirl posts, there was outside topics that became huge thread hits as well

Why did ATRL peak in 2014?

JOINED August 7, 2015

Wait.

Image result for this is a case for the fbi gif

5 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I don’t know what’s the point of it, twitter and atrl can warn you and ban you all the time but that’s not gonna change people’s minds, dialogue is the way to go.

I agree banning openly racist, homophobic and other kind of heavy discrimination. But people are getting banned left and right because of comments like “ I don’t think there are 1837382983$373 genders” or disagreeing with topics like illegal immigration in Europe.

It’s censorship and this website has lost like 60% of its traffic thanks to this.

I do vividly remember the promising things ATRL was going through at that time, especially with how the owner of the site was going to start expanding or something along those lines.... whew how that kind of never happened :deadbanana4: a promising pop girl on the rise that flops in her sophomore album tea

I agree with the above posts, it’s the extreme censorship. 

Literally anything and everything can get you WP/banned when most of it just a different opinion. What’s the point of a forum if you can’t speak your mind? 

Madonna would be so disappointed.

1 minute ago, Outlaws said:

Wait.

Image result for this is a case for the fbi gif

I’ve been a regular guest on ATRL since 2012 when I was 12/13!! I recall faint memories of how I randomly searched up Katy vs Lady Gaga online and stumbled upon a thread here that had exactly what I was searching for and it became history every since

New members ****ing suck

2 minutes ago, Lemonaade said:

I agree with the above posts, it’s the extreme censorship. 

Literally anything and everything can get you WP/banned when most of it just a different opinion. What’s the point of a forum if you can’t speak your mind? 

Madonna would be so disappointed.

I’ve been saying some questionable things recently and I haven’t gotten a notification telling me to acknowledge and accept my warning point(s), but that’s just my perspective as I do not come on often as much as I used to, but 503 was also a real game changer. How it changed the way your daily posting average went for everyone was crazy. People lost motivation in doing the,”Members with the Most Post Count” thread

8 minutes ago, fememeist said:

Your posts started popping off just last year sis, but whew your longevity and posting track record >>>>

Excuse me sis but 

I love Leona. She's so sweet. I ran into her at a coffee bar when I was visiting LA and I noticed her and she was so nice. She sat down with her coffee and I offered her some sugar cubes and she just ate them from my hand. She even signed my arm.

https://classic.atrl.net/?p=24740466

Any award is the wrong award

https://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?p=23906223

Ask the Army

https://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=618467

And this is why I'm not allowed within 1,000 feet of a school

https://classic.atrl.net/?p=26920961

1 minute ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

Oh my god, you were the same p!nk stan then :deadbanana4: My mistake, I thought there was another P!nk stan that went by Missunderstood or something that posted those, but YES to all those posts, especially the sugar cubes one :bibliahh: I was cut off guard with that post and read everything normally in the car that day until I saw the ending of your post and I started laughing in front of my mom while she was dropping me off for middle school :deadbanana4:

SJWs killed this forum :cm: I wanted to post "yikes :rip:" on something today but I had to act like I was happy so I posted :jonny5: 

Cause I knew I would get these emojis ":biblio:".