Lemonade leaves BB200

JawBreaker

The album was never going to do much and that is what she deserves with that awful rollout. 

People are interested in an album because they know the singles, heard the songs on radio or the songs were bonifide hits. Lemonade has none of that. It's like discovering a new album out of the blue  without much incentive. I'm still mad at her for treating her best album this way. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JawBreaker

• Nemo

• Blue Rose

• peterstyles13

I still do think it's a phenomenal album despite the underwhelming longevity. 

No shade but this is shocking to me. I really thought this album attained the classic status that 21, Born To Die and 1989 had after how much streams it pulled in it's grand spotify release.

9 hours ago, castle13 said:

It’s not a problem with 1989 which was released two years earlier and became only available on streaming services sans AM 3 years later as well. 

1989 was eons bigger than lemonade so what’s your point? :deadbanana:

lol why all the shortsighted shade? You all know it'll be back...

peterstyles13
22 hours ago, Scarface said:

lemonade's money is going to beyoncé's bank account, while red is going to scooter's. swifties really thought huh.

sGB8Qgp.gif

and yet...

sGB8Qgp.gif

Edited by peterstyles13

Imagine dragging a 3x platinum with literally no push or radio support, Bee drives you all mad :ahh:

11 hours ago, Nemo said:

1989 was eons bigger than lemonade so what’s your point? :deadbanana:

Weren’t yall comparing their first day streams on Spotify lmao

Wow, she must be DEVASTATED!!!!! The album only went 3x Platinum before it's release on Spotify/Apple Music and is the most awarded era of all time. I'm sure she's locked in her room sobbing 24/7 because of this massive failure of an album that only spent over a year and a half charting with no promotion and re-entered the top 10 just by putting it on streaming services. She's done for.

11 minutes ago, castle13 said:

Weren’t yall comparing their first day streams on Spotify lmao

idk i never did unless i was like trolling in syg. they were two different situations but yeah i saw some hive getting brave in some threads.

m8bqcmm.gif

On 7/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, JawBreaker said:

It will be back for the next Netflix special tho.

I just checked, and didn’t even realize HBO yanked Lemonade, and all her material previously on there (Life Is But A Dream, Beyoncex10, and another one I think?)!!!

2 minutes ago, letscauseascene1 said:

I just checked, and didn’t even realize HBO yanked Lemonade, and all her material previously on there (Life Is But A Dream, Beyoncex10, and another one I think?)!!!

wait do you think they did that because she worked with Netflix??? Cause thats shady tbh

Edited by JawBreaker

On 7/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, peterstyles13 said:

Well I expected it would slay the BB200 once it was put on streaming services like her fans told me :zzz: 

Using "it wasn't on streaming services for years!" as an excuse to justify the fact that it's not charting now that it's available everywhere is... a choice. For instance, 1989 left the BB200 for a few weeks before being added on streaming services in mid-2017 and never left the chart since, thus becoming one of the longest-charting female albums of all time. We were told by y'all countless times that Beyoncé is a streaming force, more culturally relevant than anyone and that the only reason why her stats don't compare to the other big pop girls is that Lemonade's not on Spotify and Apple Music, so you have to understand our shock when we realized that Lemonade left the chart only 9 weeks after being added on every single streaming platform!

sGB8Qgp.gif

It's not really that hard to consider how people may not know or forget that Lemonade is on streaming services.

If you weren't paying attention to that one week where people talked about it being released, and you're not looking for it, how are you going to know it's on streaming? If you've already resolved to the fact that it's just not there, you either bought it already (which kept it on the chart for years in the peak of the streaming era) or just don't bother searching for what you've already proven isn't there.

Taylor is very successful. Congrats to her. That doesn't mean it's shocking that has no real history for being on streaming is overlooked.

People really love to create dialogues where entire fanbases claim something will do better than another and then when it doesn't, brag incessantly about it. Now why does this happen every time a Beyoncé release happens? Why are people so pressed?

22 hours ago, Finkypop said:

I mean, Red is outstreaming it on Spotify and that came out at the beginning of the decade. It is also outstreamed by other contemporary releases such as 25 and ANTI despite being released to platforms 2 months ago. :rip: 

Cool.

A pop album with #1 hits that had massive promotion is doing better than a rather controversial one that had very little promotion, no wide release, a first single that was released for free, without a public video for nearly a year, not sent to radio, or streaming. Is this a surprise?

And Lemonade 

22 hours ago, Finkypop said:

As I stated in my post, given its current performance from being freshly released, if that were to happen it would be for one week at best before dropping again. It's still disappointing. It's unfortunate that it isn't having the longevity her fans were expecting for supposedly one of the most impactful albums of all time. We were all told that it would be "over for the other girls" once the public could stream it. I guess not. :michael: 

It is quite impactful, and remains one of the best rated, most awarded and respected albums of our entire generation if not all time.

Not being on the Billboard 200 changes none of that.

I think maybe people were saying these things you are quoting when the album was still new. 3 years later, it's not suddenly going to be on par with albums that have been there for years and which people can already count on being there.

It was not available for years. I’m surprised it even had decent positions when it was released on streaming services. Nobody really cared cause the album was so old. It would’ve done EVEN better if she had put it on streaming services to begin with. As for the Taylor comparisons, I’m starting to think some of you exaggerate when you guys say “the Hive said ___” when it was probably one rando person. Then y’all use it to get a kii out of everything without even taking other factors into consideration :devil: like congrats to Taylor but how this is so horrible just because Taylor’s album did better is beyond me

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

Well well well @JawBreaker @peterstyles13

And I'm happy for her. It's just still crazy to me that all of y'all were saying when she comes back she would be demolishing the other girls. Y'all were comparing Lemonade first day streams to 1989. But 1989 since 2017 never left the chart. So congrats to Lemonade coming back to the BB200. Cause it's not an achievement when your album had the most impact of all time and holds the title of the most awarded album/era of all time. Enjoy the TLK push :jonny5: 

9 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

And I'm happy for her. It's just still crazy to me that all of y'all were saying when she comes back she would be demolishing the other girls. Y'all were comparing Lemonade first day streams to 1989. But 1989 since 2017 never left the chart. So congrats to Lemonade coming back to the BB200. Cause it's not an achievement when your album had the most impact of all time and holds the title of the most awarded album/era of all time. Enjoy the TLK push :jonny5: 

I thought people weren't coming to the movie for Beyoncé? Why would it be giving her a push? 

On 7/10/2019 at 4:50 AM, castle13 said:

The user scarface sounding like a broken record mentioning Scooter in his every single post. :rip: The fact that all his posts are invalid sice Taylor owns the publishing rights thus earning more still. Beyhives proving once again how limited their comprehesion and number of brain cells are. :rip: 

Right?

OT: The album is kinda charting low for apparently being such a big event, but at least it re-entered :clap3:

7 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

I thought people weren't coming to the movie for Beyoncé? Why would it be giving her a push? 

They are really running out of ideas, it's like a current era.

sGB8Qgp.gif

12 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

I dont understand and also find it boring this mindset of straight up lying and thinking that is a good clapback. No one said 3 years old album Lemonade was going to demolish the other girls. 

What was said was Lemonade’s performance was dwarfed by it not being available on streaming services. How is that hard to understand :lmao: 

Also if you go back to the 1989 vs Lemonade thread, it was explained to you and your fellow Swifties that it was not a malicious comparison. It just happened they are the only female albums with somewhat similar situations streaming wise (even worse for Lemonade)

It seems to me your lack of comprehension skills is the reason you’re big mad and spamming the forum with flamebait Beyoncé threads :deadbanana4:

Also screaming at “Lion King push” :ahh: 

your fumes have officially turned to flames :ahh: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.