Madame X OUT of BB200 after 2 weeks. Why?

Stankonia

1 minute ago, cityfolk said:

So "four weeks" is longevity... they are both dinosaurs in the music industry and Madonna's career has been ten times as successful.

Really? #193 on the YEC? :bibliahh: If that's where you're at in bragging rights.... yeesh.

My "obsession" with Gaga? I literally stan her. You are a Gaga avi running into a Madonna thread to trash her which adds up all too well. My "obsession" is not unhealthy and it's obvious you came in here because of the fabled "rivalry" your fanbase invented. I'm glad you feel sorry for me. Keep feeling bad.

More longevity than two weeks. And let's see if Madame X will even make it onto the YEC chart. #193 > N/A. :sorry:

So since I have a Gaga avi means I can't say nothing negative about Madge? Girl bye. :lmao: The obsession is real.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stankonia

• cityfolk

• Hurem

• Jjang

1 minute ago, Hurem said:

More longevity than two weeks. And let's see if Madame X will even make it onto the YEC chart. #193 > N/A. :sorry:

So since I have a Gaga avi means I can't say nothing negative about Madge? Girl bye. :lmao: The obsession is real.

Ah yes, because four weeks is such a prestigious achievement. I would much rather rack up another #1 album (35 years into a musical career) than have my 26th failure to go #1 have a slightly better chart performance by a minuscule margin.

You can say whatever you want about Madge, I'm just pointing out the obvious fumes radiating from your fanbase. Scream "obsession" all you want, I still stan Gaga. I just don't associate myself with her overly aggressive fanbase. It also won't change the fact that Madame X went #1 and Madonna is the best selling female musician of all time.

34 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

Ah yes, because four weeks is such a prestigious achievement. I would much rather rack up another #1 album (35 years into a musical career) than have my 26th failure to go #1 have a slightly better chart performance by a minuscule margin.

More prestigious than two weeks, that’s for sure.

Congrats to this 60 year old woman 35 years into her career on her 9th #1 album. The majority of your faves will never achieve that :heart2:

1-77-OUT tho :dies:

When's the last time an A-lister pop album had that type of chart run? 

25 minutes ago, ReverseWarholian said:

1-77-OUT tho :dies:

When's the last time an A-lister pop album had that type of chart run? 

Caution and Liberation had similar runs while peaking lower, both with bundles as well.

So 4 weeks and no #1 is better than 2 weeks and having a #1? You’ve got to be kidding me. :laugh:

Congrats on your #1 album Madame X, queen :clap3:

Imagine coming for Madonna of all people :rip:, she literally birthed your favs (Looks at a certain fanbase)

The harsh honest answer is that nobody is checking for her music anymore but it's a-okay, she has already send her message and the alberm is good, the fans are pleased.

Didn't she go more for a AC/HAC sound this time around?  That would explain her rapid descent/2-wk on the BB 200.  She's only fallen 1-9-23 on Top Album Sales, not good, but not nearly as bad as BB 200.  The AC/HAC fans are among the most likely to buy an album and least likely to go on I-Tunes/Spotify, etc.

the album is horrible + madonna literally spent half a century in the industry. none of our faves will beat her when they're at her age so there are no drags necessary. she's killing it for her age and for how ageist & sexist our society is.

14 hours ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Mariah had that too though. Everybody does

I know but Mariah's ticket/merch bundles did nothing for her though. Moreover weren't hers with digital copies of Caution?

Madonna's bundles are with physical copies of Madame X, which explains why they helped her so much. With Rebel Heart she had bundles with digital copies of her album and it didn't do much for her either.

Edited by Stankonia

14 hours ago, Stankonia said:

Most people who are going to see Madonna's shows are not interested in her new music. Madame X's chart run makes this very evident. Her tours would be huge flops if only her stans who are interested in her new music were buying tickets.

Madame X is not at 309k. :priceless: Stop relying on Mediatraffic's fake estimates which have been proven to be extremely unreliable time and time again since streaming was added and sales died.

Anyone looking at MX's known sales figures and chart runs can see that his figures are grossly inflated.

For example It's just IMPOSSIBLE that she sold 56k second week with such low sales/chart positions:

ALL : #16 -----> 4 000 units

ARG : #1

AUS : #8 ------> 1 070 units

BEL. W : #6

BEL.F : #9

CAN : #38

ES : #6

FIN : #38

FRA : #24 -----> +/- 2 000 units

GRE : #5

HONG : #12

IT : #5 ------> 2 000 units

JAP : #32 ------> +/- 2 000 units

NOR : #40

N-Z : OUT

P-B : #16

POL : #14

POR : #1

REP. TCH : #23

R-U : #14 -------> 4,600 units

SUED : OUT

SUIS : #10

US : #77  -------> 9 700 units

And his 39k figure for this week is just as laughably FAKE. In reality she must have sold around 265k in 3 weeks and she'll have a very hard time getting to 350k when all is said is done, unless a miracle happens. No matter how you look at it, she's flopping hard.

No one is denying that Madonna has a bigger selling power than Mariah nowadays, especially in Europe. That's precisely why she should be doing a lot better than that. Like I said, even Rebel Heart looked like a success next to MX.

And Caution did sell around 80k first week:

51k US

3.4k UK
3k Japan
2.5k Canada
2k Germany
2k Aus+NZ
1.3k France
5k rest Europe
5k rest Asia
5k South America
=

And her ticket bundle must have given her something like 2k lol. Not comparable at all.

You get about 190k in sales from confirmed 1st week numbers. Without counting markets such as Portugal, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Russia etc and the countless minor markets where she actually sells decently (considerably). 216k is not an inflation at all. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the 2nd week, I didn't care to research for it.

Madonna become notoriously known for not performing enough classics and performing recent albums instead, though. Its' been a constant major criticism from both attendance + critics alike even since The Sticky & Sweet Tour. And sorry, I find it hard to believe that casual concert goers would be interested in paying $300-$1750 to see Madonna in a less of a spectacle theater kind of show. Especially the Madonna we know in 2019.

And I'm not saying that Madonna is not flopping smh, I'm saying that 1) Mariah didn't win (which was your argument) and 2) why are you coddling Mariah? lol? Her career is almost 10 years younger than Madonna's and her selling power was just as strong as Madonna's in her peak (at least album wise) so what's her excuses? :psyduck: Both are fads. But Madonna still edges her and that technically makes her "the winner". End.

the "5k 5k 5k" seem too vague for calculation. You just added those so you can reach 80k. How ironic considering you're against that when it happens to Madge lol.

From confirmed sales 

Caution first week : 70-75k (here, I helped her a little)

Madame X first week : 190k 

Clear winner. :cm:

On 7/9/2019 at 1:08 PM, Lady Claire said:

Ticket bundles and honestly no one outside her fans and gays are checking for Madonna in 2019. She's 60 and had a great career anyways

9yW1HYK.gif

23 hours ago, Stankonia said:

By the way, are you the mod who handled my last report? Would explain a lot. :eatpopcorn:

Nnn it wasn't actually but let me go congratulate that mod. :eli: 

- - - - - - 

Madame X is that album. Lemme go blast "Bitch I'm Loca" again.

18 minutes ago, Jjang said:

You get about 190k in sales from confirmed 1st week numbers. Without counting markets such as Portugal, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Russia etc and the countless minor markets where she actually sells decently (considerably). 216k is not an inflation at all. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the 2nd week, I didn't care to research for it. 

Madonna become notoriously known for not performing enough classics and performing recent albums instead, though. Its' been a constant major criticism from both attendance + critics alike even since The Sticky & Sweet Tour. And sorry, I find it hard to believe that casual concert goers would be interested in paying $300-$1750 to see Madonna in a less of a spectacle theater kind of show. Especially the Madonna we know in 2019.

And I'm not saying that Madonna is not flopping smh, I'm saying that 1) Mariah didn't win (which was your argument) and 2) why are you coddling Mariah? lol? Her career is almost 10 years younger than Madonna's and her selling power was just as strong as Madonna's in her peak (at least album wise) so what's her excuses? :psyduck: Both are fads. But Madonna still edges her and that technically makes her "the winner". End. 

the "5k 5k 5k" seem too vague for calculation. You just added those so you can reach 80k. How ironic considering you're against that when it happens to Madge lol.

From confirmed sales 

Caution first week : 70-75k (here, I helped her a little)

Madame X first week : 190k 

Clear winner. :cm:

"winner!!1 :cm:" omg stop being dense about my "Quality won :jonny:" post just for the sake of arguing with me, I already said it wasn't that serious. Chill and learn to take a joke sis.

Again, NO ONE's claiming that Mariah outsold Madonna. :priceless: I'm just precising that the later isn't "winning" by as much as you were originally claiming. At the end of the day Caution sold around 200k SPS and Madame X will end up at 350k at the very most. And I'm being quite optimistic as Madame X is already dead in every big sales market.

The estimated sales I posted for Caution (which aren't mine btw) are very reasonable unlike the grossly inflated Mediatraffic estimates for Madame X's 2nd and 3rd weeks which you were using to make a point no one was arguing with. There is no irony whatsoever in me posting them and correcting your obviously erroneous figures.

And I'm not sure you know what a fad is. Neither Mariah or Madonna are fads. :dies:

Just now, Reinvention said:

Nnn it wasn't actually but let me go congratulate that mod. :eli: 

- - - - - - 

Madame X is that album. Lemme go blast "Bitch I'm Loca" again.

Congratulate him for letting your fellow little Medonsters off the hook when it comes to ATRL's zero tolerance policy? Oh wow.

A mod being transparent about his bias, that's refreshing. :clap3:

It was a very inconsistent album with terrible production.

I only liked two of the tracks and that's because Anitta and Maluma :sorry:

Tour numbers are the ones that matter, sweetie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.