Madame X OUT of BB200 after 2 weeks. Why?

Stankonia

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stankonia

• cityfolk

• Hurem

• Jjang

10 hours ago, Jjang said:

Caution first week : less than 70k 

Madame X : 216k 

Hell, I think MX’d 2nd week even matched or came close to Mariah’s 1st. 

And her career is a decade older. 

No it didn't lol. Mediatraffic's estimates for Madame X are laughably inflated.

Madame X is obviously doing better than Caution WW (isn't saying much) but they're pretty much on par in the US if we keep in mind that Madonna's ticket bundle and DC2 offerings accounted for HALF of MX's first week sales according to a HDD report.

To be fair Mariah had a ticket bundle too but it didn't have the same effect at all.

Edited by Stankonia

7 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Pleased to see @Stankonia keeping up with the #1 debut album Madame X by the queen of pop Madonna! Also thrilled you expected far more from Madonna - she does certainly set the bar so high she struggles to keep up with it even herself sometimes.

ANYONE assuming a 60 year old woman was gonna have have some kind of phenomenal chart run is... well, you can choose your own adjective.

Where did I say that I expected "far more" from her? :huh: Actually Madame X did better than I expected with its first week sales. Well, she only got the #1 thanks to her ticket bundle but still, the trickery worked!

That chart run is embarrassing for anyone, don't be delusional. No one expected it to spend 50 weeks on the BB200. :rip:

By the way, are you the mod who handled my last report? Would explain a lot. :eatpopcorn:

3 hours ago, mariahcarey said:

Her voice sounds awful on it so I'm not surprised no one was buying it

This is an issue that's not to be downplayed imo. I honestly feel if she could somehow fix her vocals, manage to come up with a quality and fresh album again like COADF that's able to connect with the gp that she could be doing much better than this. There is no reason that the Queen of Pop should be flopping that hard.

Even in Europe which is her biggest market, some of her chart runs are really bad and the ageism excuse isn't really cutting it here.

59 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

Madame X is obviously doing better than Caution WW (isn't saying much) but they're pretty much on par in the US if we keep in mind that Madonna's ticket bundle and DC2 offerings accounted for HALF of MX's first week sales according to a HDD report.

To be fair Mariah had a ticket bundle too but it didn't have the same effect at all.

If you count the confirmed 1st week sales for MX and Caution Madonna would still be outselling her by like x3. So how exactly "quality won!" fits in your narrative here? :zzz:

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

If you count the confirmed 1st week sales for MX and Caution Madonna would still be outselling her by like x3. So how exactly "quality won!" fits in your narrative here? :zzz:

I'm aware that MX's 1st week outsold Caution's. I said "quality won :jonny:" because the better album outlasted the other on the BB200. It's not that serious.

Your math is a little off btw. 216k - about 50k of that being ticket bundle - is not exactly 3x 80k.

Caution sold 200k in total and Madame X will end up at 350k at the very most, including ticket bundle.

Madonna should be doing way better than that especially considering the fact that she's a much bigger force than Mariah in Europe. Even Rebel Heart looks like a success next to MX..

On 7/9/2019 at 12:55 PM, Petty Bourgeoisie said:

This has to be a record for shortest chart run for a #1 album :clap3: I wish it was 1-OUT tho, would have been iconic

i'd scream 

4 hours ago, Stankonia said:

I'm aware that MX's 1st week outsold Caution's. I said "quality won :jonny:" because the better album outlasted the other on the BB200. It's not that serious.

Your math is a little off btw. 216k - about 50k of that being ticket bundle - is not exactly 3x 80k.

Caution sold 200k in total and Madame X will end up at 350k at the very most, including ticket bundle.

Madonna should be doing way better than that especially considering the fact that she's a much bigger force than Mariah in Europe. Even Rebel Heart looks like a success next to MX..

You can't just eradicate 100% of the tour bundles just like that :psyduck: esp. when Mariah had one of her own. Madonna's doing a theater tour with insane ticket prices that only major fans purchase these days, there's a big chance those fans would have bought a copy regardless... 

Caution did not do 80k first week. According to Media Traffic she did less than 71k. 

Madonna's career is also a decade older than Mariah's... people tend to forget they're from different eras because they're both "old". If you parallel their careers timezone wise then Madge would be in HC era which smashed.  :cm:

MX is at 309.000 (predicted to do 39k or more this week) according to Mediatraffic and it has yet to be released physically in Brazil (where its doing extremely well on streaming - haven't left the top 10 on Apple Music since release) which will obviously give it a sales boost. 

Both are fads - its just a simple fact that Madonna has a bigger selling power. Albums and touring wise.

18 hours ago, Adonis said:

#1-#77-OUT! :bibliahh:

Much better than #6-#98-OUT. Still a #1 album by a 60 year old woman :michael:

10 hours ago, Hurem said:

Even Cher managed to chart for 4 weeks, all of them being in top 50. :rip: 

...with ABBA songs accompanying the Mamma Mia 2 release, a movie she was a part of. Cher doesn't even have a #1 album in her entire career :ahh:.

1 minute ago, cityfolk said:

...with ABBA songs accompanying the Mamma Mia 2 release, a movie she was a part of. Cher doesn't even have a #1 album in her entire career :ahh:

The album came out more than two months after the movie release. It was doing less than $150k per weekend at the time. :rip: You tried though.

SHE IS ****ING 60.

Let's see how all your faves are doing by that age.

13 minutes ago, Hurem said:

The album came out more than two months after the movie release. It was doing less than $150k per weekend at the time. :rip: You tried though.

Okay... it was still in theaters and it was all ABBA songs which were promoted consistently with the movie + they're a band with a timeless discog. Gaga stans should know how effective movie promo is.

Maybe one of Cher's next 26 studio albums will go #1! You tried though.

1 minute ago, cityfolk said:

Okay... it was still in theaters and it was all ABBA songs which were promoted consistently with the movie + they're a band with a timeless discog. Gaga stans should know how effective movie promo is.

Maybe one of Cher's next 26 studio albums will go #1! You tried though.

It was being played in literally less than 5% of theaters in its opening weekend. Are we supposed to believe your dumb theory that a movie that peaked two months ago kept the album charting for a month? :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Hurem said:

It was being played in literally less than 5% of theaters in its opening weekend. Are we supposed to believe your dumb theory that a movie that peaked two months ago kept the album charting for a month? :rip: 

You're saying it was played in so few theaters in its opening weekend yet that's when you claim that it "peaked"?? How does that make any sense?

I'll take a #1 album with great ticket sales that bombed off the charts after 2 weeks than an album full of unoriginal songs that only lasted 4 weeks and failed to go #1 just like her 30+ tries before that. 

If you really wanna do Madonna vs. Cher then Madonna will always win. Same with Madonna vs. Gaga. I will never understand why the Little Monsters are still SO unbelievably obsessed with Madonna when the two of them ended their spat. Get over it.

11 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

You're saying it was played in so few theaters in its opening weekend yet that's when you claim that it "peaked"?? How does that make any sense?

I'll take a #1 album with great ticket sales that bombed off the charts after 2 weeks than an album full of unoriginal songs that only lasted 4 weeks and failed to go #1 just like her 30+ tries before that. 

If you really wanna do Madonna vs. Cher then Madonna will always win. Same with Madonna vs. Gaga. I will never understand why the Little Monsters are still SO unbelievably obsessed with Madonna when the two of them ended their spat. Get over it.

Welp, I messed it up, what I was trying to say that the movie was playing in less than 5% of its opening weekend total numbers of theaters.

I prefer longevity over a one week success. Plus, Dancing Queen was #193 on YEC. Let's see if Madame X will get there. :eatpopcorn:

And your obsession with Gaga is really unhealthy. The fact that she wasn't even talked about here yet you just had to bring her up. I genuinely feel sorry for you.

7 hours ago, Stankonia said:

What is that?

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

You can't just eradicate 100% of the tour bundles just like that :psyduck: esp. when Mariah had one of her own. Madonna's doing a theater tour with insane ticket prices that only major fans purchase these days, there's a big chance those fans would have bought a copy regardless... 

Caution did not do 80k first week. According to Media Traffic she did less than 71k. 

Madonna's career is also a decade older than Mariah's... people tend to forget they're from different eras because they're both "old". If you parallel their careers timezone wise then Madge would be in HC era which smashed.  :cm:

MX is at 309.000 (predicted to do 39k or more this week) according to Mediatraffic and it has yet to be released physically in Brazil (where its doing extremely well on streaming - haven't left the top 10 on Apple Music since release) which will obviously give it a sales boost. 

Both are fads - its just a simple fact that Madonna has a bigger selling power. Albums and touring wise.

Most people who are going to see Madonna's shows are not interested in her new music. Madame X's chart run makes this very evident. Her tours would be huge flops if only her stans who are interested in her new music were buying tickets.

Madame X is not at 309k. :priceless: Stop relying on Mediatraffic's fake estimates which have been proven to be extremely unreliable time and time again since streaming was added and sales died.

Anyone looking at MX's known sales figures and chart runs can see that his figures are grossly inflated.

For example It's just IMPOSSIBLE that she sold 56k second week with such low sales/chart positions:

ALL : #16 -----> 4 000 units

ARG : #1

AUS : #8 ------> 1 070 units

BEL. W : #6

BEL.F : #9

CAN : #38

ES : #6

FIN : #38

FRA : #24 -----> +/- 2 000 units

GRE : #5

HONG : #12

IT : #5 ------> 2 000 units

JAP : #32 ------> +/- 2 000 units

NOR : #40

N-Z : OUT

P-B : #16

POL : #14

POR : #1

REP. TCH : #23

R-U : #14 -------> 4,600 units

SUED : OUT

SUIS : #10

US : #77  -------> 9 700 units

As I posted a few days ago, the sales from US, UK, Australia, Japan and France and reliable estimations for Italy, Canada and Germany for week 2 are 27-28k.
85% drop compared to those countries’ last week known sales/estimations.

So Mediatraffic is estimating 28-29k everywhere else this week.
Some might think, “well, it’s not that much for so many other countries... “
Let’s break it down:

Last week, those 8 countries known sales were 180k, so all the other countries’ sales were 36k (to reach his 216k figure).
According to Mediatraffic, while the drop in those 8 countries would be around 85% this week, in the rest of the world is just 19.5%.

Another breakdown:
While last week those 8 countries represented 83% of Madame X total sales and rest of the world 17%, this week it’s 50/50.

Remember that, while in all “those other countries” are included countries where it stayed in Top 10 or even #1, there’s also countries where it fell out of chart in week 2 or suffered a big drop...

I don’t care if many come now with the “you have a personal thing to Mediatraffic” and all that.
This is chart analysis and that’s exactly what I just did.
Proved, with numbers, how this guy doesn’t bother at all to really make credible estimations and analyze the figures... He simply takes the previous week figure and says... “2nd week drop... Mmm... I said 216k last week... 74% less seems fine. So 56k”.

Next week he’ll probably say... 45k, whatever the numbers, then, I don’t know... 37k the following week, then months with 10k, 5k...

I get it, he has to do it every week, with lots of albums. No time to study every album every week... These are just estimations. Nothing official, just to have an idea...

But then don’t get mad when someone proves his numbers doesn’t make sense. Not even when compared to other estimations, but when compared to his own previous week’s figures.

And his 39k figure for this week is just as laughably FAKE. In reality she must have sold around 265k in 3 weeks and she'll have a very hard time getting to 350k when all is said is done, unless a miracle happens. No matter how you look at it, she's flopping hard.

No one is denying that Madonna has a bigger selling power than Mariah nowadays, especially in Europe. That's precisely why she should be doing a lot better than that. Like I said, even Rebel Heart looked like a success next to MX.

And Caution did sell around 80k first week:

51k US

3.4k UK
3k Japan
2.5k Canada
2k Germany
2k Aus+NZ
1.3k France
5k rest Europe
5k rest Asia
5k South America
=

And her ticket bundle must have given her something like 2k lol. Not comparable at all.

Edited by Stankonia

17 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

What is that?

Direct to consumer. She also has bundles with merch.

18 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

Direct to consumer. She also has bundles with merch.

Mariah had that too though. Everybody does

1 hour ago, cityfolk said:

Much better than #6-#98-OUT. Still a #1 album by a 60 year old woman :michael:

...with ABBA songs accompanying the Mamma Mia 2 release, a movie she was a part of. Cher doesn't even have a #1 album in her entire career :ahh:.

She doesnt need it. Her albums sell after the first week or two they are out. She doesnt need a tour bundle to fake like people actually cared about the album. Madonna couldve literally bundled anything with her album and it wouldve been “received”. :bibliahh:

Edited by Adonis

1 hour ago, Hurem said:

Welp, I messed it up, what I was trying to say that the movie was playing in less than 5% of its opening weekend total numbers of theaters.

I prefer longevity over a one week success. Plus, Dancing Queen was #193 on YEC. Let's see if Madame X will get there. :eatpopcorn:

And your obsession with Gaga is really unhealthy. The fact that she wasn't even talked about here yet you just had to bring her up. I genuinely feel sorry for you.

So "four weeks" is longevity... they are both dinosaurs in the music industry and Madonna's career has been ten times as successful.

Really? #193 on the YEC? :bibliahh: If that's where you're at in bragging rights.... yeesh.

My "obsession" with Gaga? I literally stan her. You are a Gaga avi running into a Madonna thread to trash her which adds up all too well. My "obsession" is not unhealthy and it's obvious you came in here because of the fabled "rivalry" your fanbase invented. I'm glad you feel sorry for me. Keep feeling bad.

OT: Congrats to the best-selling and most famous female musician in human history, Madonna, on her #1 album Madame X charting for multiple weeks. The album went #1 by the way.

1 hour ago, Adonis said:

She doesnt need it. Her albums sell after the first week or two they are out. She doesnt need a tour bundle to fake like people actually cared about the album. Madonna couldve literally bundled anything with her album and it wouldve been “received”. :bibliahh:

Good for her. I'm glad she can sell an album for multiple weeks this far into her career. Where is her classic album, her Diamond album, or even her #1 album like Madonna has? Does she have any of those?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.