Jump to content
July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

Beyonce sounds tragic as Nala?

304 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

what do you think about this clip?? 

 

 

:bibliahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't stop laughing :bibliahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm failing to hear anything that sounds, "bad". Once again, if you're biased against Beyoncé- you will most likely find fault in just about everything she does. She and the movie will be acclaimed and slay the box office, no matter what haters have to say. :michael:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ThirdWardBey said:

Why can no one tell me what sound Beyoncé is supposed to sound like since lions... do not talk? :fan:

Well lions are NOT suppose to sound like Beyonce, that’s for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

How would you describe Nala’s defined personality? And how does what you’ve heard from Beyonce deviate from that? 

I don't need to do that when there's an entire Wikipedia page and tones of other sites that describe Nala's personality and character perfectly, not to mention the portrait in the original movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nala_(The_Lion_King)

 

What I heard is Beyoncé playing Beyoncé and using the same exactly tone she uses in concerts or music videos like other users pointed out in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love ha but it’s tragic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HANZ94 said:

Beyonce sounds like she is simply reading a sentence in class, she gives no emotion, always speaking in the same tune when she is supposed to sound happy or furious, there is something called “ voice acting” for a reason, no one complained about the original lion king because the voices of the cast were very versatile and showed emotions, it’s not just Beyonce tho, Scar sounds tragic too, they simply failed casting people whose voices were better for the characters, Beyonce and the actor playing sacar were not the best options 

Exactly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seeINg YoU AgAiN? YOU don't KnoW wHat THis WIll MEAN! foR everYoNE

 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it sounds perfectly fine, OBH look for any possibility to talk Bey down, very low life if you ask me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Leptine said:

I don't need to do that when there's an entire Wikipedia page and tones of other sites that describe Nala's personality and character perfectly, not to mention the portrait in the original movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nala_(The_Lion_King)

 

What I heard is Beyoncé playing Beyoncé and using the same exactly tone she uses in concerts or music videos like other users pointed out in here.

Oddly, the same adjectives used to describe Nala’s personality are the same ones used for Beyoncé’s stage persona...maybe she’s onto something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love her to death, but this is tragic :deadbanana4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

y’all blindly hate any and everything , especially if it’s a black woman and even if it’s just her voice .... nothing new out of this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

I-  :ahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The “are u wit me Lions?” bit isn’t bad. The other video tho...Yikes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

 

 

 

I-  :ahh:

The voices don't match :skull: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

holy **** the first clip is like kinda bad but the second clip is just tragic

like some twitter comment mentioned it literally sounds like someone reading it straight off a paper in class 

this is a big yikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She sounds awful :rip:

 

Great thing 90% of the showings here will be dubbed so no one will listen to Beyoncé butchering Nala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, retromaury said:

don't be so obtuse, obviously lions don't talk, but this is a movie, a fictional story in a world where they DO talk and she's supposed to sound more like a character and not beyonce

 

her accent is distracting. 

 

33 minutes ago, HANZ94 said:

Beyonce sounds like she is simply reading a sentence in class, she gives no emotion, always speaking in the same tune when she is supposed to sound happy or furious, there is something called “ voice acting” for a reason, no one complained about the original lion king because the voices of the cast were very versatile and showed emotions, it’s not just Beyonce tho, Scar sounds tragic too, they simply failed casting people whose voices were better for the characters, Beyonce and the actor playing sacar were not the best options 

 

29 minutes ago, lepetitmonstr said:

Well lions are NOT suppose to sound like Beyonce, that’s for sure

All Gaga fans, shocking. :fan:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay lions now lets get in formation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

she sounds like shes sounding out the sentence 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn. all these opinions over a 6 second dialogue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe it's hard because we all know it's her and she's just too recognizable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly bee hive should not even fight this.

WE ALL KNOW BEYONCE IS TALENTED!

She's incredible but her voice acting in this DISNEY movie for one of their most beloved movies IS JUST NOT IT!

Good for Beyonce and having her legacy live on, but not everything she does will be perfect.

Simple as is.

Look forward to seeing how the movie will turn out to be but from these clips, I just don't know....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She sounds fine to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites