H100: Old Town Road 14x #1, Truth Hurts #6, HLMMI #18

Renan90

I still find it surreal that during TRUMP's time being president, we have an openly gay black man putting out a trap country song and reigning the charts for months.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sakisfan16

• Mr.Fenty

• Badboidami

• QueenofCopyPaste

11 minutes ago, Roxas said:

I still find it surreal that during TRUMP's time being president, we have an openly gay black man putting out a trap country song and reigning the charts for months.

it's interesting that charts in general became more diverse even despite the fact that nationalism in the US has increased since 2016

Edited by Mr.Fenty

6 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

it's interesting that charts in general became more diverse even despite the fact that nationalism in the US has increased since 2016

I'd like to think it's because stuff like art is being stifled and suppressed (attempted in this case) by those in charge, it causes an even bigger emergence of said stifled and suppressed art. 

Edited by Roxas

Lil Nas X, Kane Brown and Blanco Brown are top 3 on iTunes.

country trinity :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Roxas said:

Don’t forget a song by a Puerto Rican artist reigning for months while his racism and disdain for Hispanics was on full display :heart2: 

16 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

Lil Nas X, Kane Brown and Blanco Brown are top 3 on iTunes.

country trinity :jonny5:

black kings :jonny5: 

3 hours ago, Chemical X. said:

black kings :jonny5: 

Wait. Had no idea Kane Brown was black

This is historically significant

41 minutes ago, FAN said:

@simmnfierzig so what do you think? Will he tie the record or will the Justin remix boost Bad Guy up enough. 

I don't know :weeps:

Guess OTR will stay at #1

6 hours ago, Roxas said:

What? Apple Music came out in 2015 and streaming started to gain steam. It has nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the way the charts are compiled and the amount of people streaming.

Edited by Adonis

18 minutes ago, Adonis said:

What? Apple Music came out in 2015 and streaming started to gain steam. It has nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the way the charts are compiled and the amount of people streaming.

And uhm. More people voted for Hillary anyway

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

Wait. Had no idea Kane Brown was black

This is historically significant

yep Kane is biracial and still dominating country!

49 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I want her to get the #1 but I also want to see history be made so we can stop talking about Mariah once and for all :deadbanana4:

51 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Yaaas, talent will prevail, I like BG but the remix is garbage, mamma.

We'd have to see how well the Bad Guy remix holds up

I'm really getting worried. Bad Guy remix 10 million views, OTR remix only 1 million. And Bad Guy is doing better on radio & Spotify 

2 minutes ago, JChart said:

I'm really getting worried. Bad Guy remix 10 million views, OTR remix only 1 million. And Bad Guy is doing better on radio & Spotify 

Me too. Mr Maraj better pull out something extraordinary very fast.. 

QueenofCopyPaste

OOpp Maybe OTR will stop at 15 weeks at #1 then

9 hours ago, Roxas said:

Also interesting how every #1 song in 2004 was by a POC, during a George Bush presidency and a highly conservative time.

Bad Guy remix is selling 20k max. Old Town Road will outsell both versions

It depens on how good it holds up on streaming platforms. I can see it being pretty frontloaded

#prayforLilNas

2 hours ago, JChart said:

Let's wait for the Spotify numbers. :eatpopcorn:

bad guy red updates on iTunes. #9 & #19 on apple.

Is the Bad Guy remix doing enough to top the Hot 100?

4 hours ago, JChart said:

True, but the You Tube chart with the "official" video(es) doesn't include OTR's many mini memes. Maybe BG will go for memes too. Who knows. But, the newest OTR remix hit several hours AFTER the BG remix too. So OTR could still have plenty of time to make up for lost time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.