Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Disney's 'Mulan' Official Teaser Trailer

135 posts in this topic

Reflection melody in the bg for the first 35 seconds :'(

2 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

If they want to reintroduce their legacy to a new generation, they should get current pop stars to cover some of the songs and release them as singles, and re-release the original movie in cinemas (like they used to do back in the day). As much as I loved Aladdin, most of these remakes are nothing but quick cash grabs with tons of cgi that won't age well.

No they have to use the current technology or create new ones (like they did with The Lion King.) Thats how you update your movies. 

Also everything is a cash grab. 

the wuxia jumped out :jonny5:

"What's the point of these remakes, shot for shot, nothing new, lazy CASH GRAB!!"

"Where is the dragon? Where is the singing? Where is Shang? K-DRAMA TEAS!!"

8iDRKEh.jpg

Looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chinese legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok where is THE DRAGON?

if they dont have it :skull:

3 hours ago, fanboyn8 said:

I think she does, the majority of the fight/training scenes, she has the bun from Mulan in the movie when she’s pretending to be a guy.  Maybe she gets found out earlier in this version?

THIS LOOKS GREAT!! Like with Aladdin, this girl embodies Mulan perfectly.

Yeah, I get the feeling she gets found out maybe right before the fight leading to the avalanche. 

I really like it. I honestly won't miss Mushu. However, I hope when they say the songs from the animation will be present as instrumental versions, they mean ALL of the songs. I don't need A Girl Worth Fighting to get snubbed. I could make out Reflection in the begining of the trailer. I AM SO HERE FOR THIS! 

Looks amazing omg... and the reception from Weibo looks pretty good too :jonny6:

Visually stunning

I dont know about the story

finally, Queen Mulan :worship2:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rami328 said:

Mushu, sis, wya? 

I think Disney is straying away from any comedy with this remake and making it more serious, as they've cut the songs too. 

The first second of the background music from the trailer gives me chills.:jonny5: 

Come through queen Mulan aka my favorite Disney princess.

If Mulan is going to have flying martial arts abilities in this movie, then there’s hope for mysticism and Mushu. Maybe they’re keeping him a hidden dragon for right now.

That trailer doesn't really excite me  :toofunny3: I need to see more of it tho...

6 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

I think Disney it's straying away from any comedy with this remake and making it more serious, as they've cut the songs too. 

:biblio:

The fighting reminds me of a lot of great chinese actions films, especially like from the 80s and 90s, it'll be cool to see Disney's take on that.

3 hours ago, hatake said:

How many more sh*tty live-action remakes are they gonna put out?t2f4U38.gif

This

Make it stop

But they're making coins so they obviously won't

t2f4U38.gif

Posted (edited)

A voice actor has been cast for Cricket. Mushu is 50/50 in the movie. If they cast Cricket then chances are there will be mysticism and magic.

Cricket is listed on IMDB. Someone mentioned Mushu is listed but I don’t see him unless his character name isn’t on there.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4566758/

Is that true they lost copyright from the original movie? :eek:

They replaced Mushu with a Phoenix in this movie apparently. You can see the Phoenix in the teaser trailer.

how are u racists saying this looks anything other than amazing ????????????

I won’t watch this in English 

i just watched mulan the other day and this doesn't capture the feeling of the original at all which wouldn't be too bad if it evoked any emotion in me but this did nothing for me :doc:

i''m still going to watch it but my expectations are really low now