Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Disney's 'Mulan' Official Teaser Trailer

135 posts in this topic

Where is Mushu?!?!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I thought they wanted this one to be super authentic... why isn't it subbed in English?

Chinese people we got our own various authentic versions of Mulan in our language. This is Hollywood's attempt

Where is Mushu?!?!

in the trash

32 minutes ago, Venom said:

Uh, looks good actually. But with the lady playing the mom I think? I can’t help but think of that Freaky Friday scene :dies:

SAME :dies:

Ot: Looks good! I'm perched

No need for an american dragon in a Chinese story

looks great

super excited for this!

This looks like a Kdrama show. Where’s the magic and the dragon?

It look good.

But kinda sad that its not musical Reflection, Being honor to us all, make a man out of you are so good.

Omg it looks so good :jonny5:

Agh that was amazing :alexz:

ya’ll can keep your Flop Ariel, THIS is was IT agh the talent 

1 hour ago, FAN said:

All these live actions are serious overkill. Disney is ruining their legacy with all these movies. I can’t believe The Lion King is coming next :shakeno:

I think they are trying to make them while the hype is still there before it goes away.

Where the **** is reflection and make a man out of you? :biblio:

This looks INCREDIBLE 

It looks boring Im Sorry! 

But I’ll wait since everything on Aladdin was looking terrible but I End loving the movie 

lets see..

It looks perfect :jonny5:

Another billion dollars in the basket! 

1 hour ago, FAN said:

All these live actions are serious overkill. Disney is ruining their legacy with all these movies. I can’t believe The Lion King is coming next :shakeno:

What is the point of having a legacy if it’s forgotten and you don’t reintroduce it to a new generation? :rip: 

Ehh it’s good but it all in all it looks really boring like a Korean soap opera,  where is Mushu where is Shang, where’s cric-kee,  isn’t the supposed to be a musical. 

The movie will be released in 9 months. Obviously, they are not gonna show everything in the first trailer...

It looks good :duca: 

a bit sad this has no Shang, no Mushu and no songs but those were not in the original story so I get it.

Looks good. With this one it seems like they're not just remaking the exact animated version like they did with Aladdin, especially if it's not a musical. I like that better but clearly other people are upset about the differences because of nostalgia :dies:

I hope they retain her initial clumsiness and incoordination, that’s what makes the pole scene at the end of I’ll Make A Man Out Of You so powerful. It’s just a teaser but it kind of looks like they’re making her a badass-femme-warrior-prodigy from the very start. Which falls in line with the ‘girl power!!’ trend Disney has been doing with the remakes, like Belle inventing the washing machine and Jasmine becoming the first female sultan. I don’t mind what they did with Jasmine but this trend is very hit or miss. I hope I’m wrong.

No one asked for this

4 minutes ago, HumanitySector said:

No one asked for this

You didn't ask for this. You don't get to speak for the rest of us.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, HumanitySector said:

No one asked for this

WRONG

us east asians get like 1 major hollywood release about us per decade, sorry you want it to be zero

15 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

What is the point of having a legacy if it’s forgotten and you don’t reintroduce it to a new generation? :rip: 

If they want to reintroduce their legacy to a new generation, they should get current pop stars to cover some of the songs and release them as singles, and re-release the original movie in cinemas (like they used to do back in the day). As much as I loved Aladdin, most of these remakes are nothing but quick cash grabs with tons of cgi that won't age well.

Posted (edited)

This vibe of this is so different from common Disney films

Looks so good 

The garden looks really good.