Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

West Hollywood warns gays about drugs laced with fentanyl

46 posts in this topic

The Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office has confirmed that one of two men found dead in an apartment on Hacienda Place on May 5 died from the effects of cocaine, MDMA (also known as “ecstasy” and fentanyl. Devon Jacob Lopez Bergman was 21 years old.

Bergman’s death is one of a number of incidents in which people have died while using drugs laced with fentanyl. Those incidents have prompted the City of West Hollywood and local non-profits focused on the gay community to provide ways for drug users to make sure their drugs aren’t laced with fentanyl. However, it is unclear how effective those measures will be given that many drug users appear to be unaware of fentanyl.

The Centers for Disease Control describes fentanyl as “a synthetic opioid pain reliever, approved for treating severe pain, typically advanced cancer pain. It is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine. It is prescribed in the form of transdermal patches or lozenges and can be diverted for misuse and abuse in the United States.

“However, most recent cases of fentanyl-related harm, overdose, and death in the U.S. are linked to illegally made fentanyl. It is sold through illegal drug markets for its heroin-like effect. It is often mixed with heroin and/or cocaine as a combination product—with or without the user’s knowledge—to increase its euphoric effects.”

In May, the West Hollywood City Council voted to allocate $20,000 to APLA Health and the LA LGBT Center to provide fentanyl testing strips to drug users. The $15,000 allocated to APLA’s Health and Wellness program was to develop and distribute a public education campaign, targeting the West Hollywood community and members of the LGBT community that visited West Hollywood during Pride, providing information on the risks of the use of fentanyl and other party drugs such as Methamphetamine. 

https://www.wehoville.com/2019/07/01/__trashed-6/

Oh wow a new drug to try

A_Definitive_Ranking_of_Every-f30ce3d0cc

Fentanyl is only the beginning. Carfentynal is even worse; it's potency is a hundred times stronger than fentanyl (and it's typically only used on large animals like elephants). :biblio:

It's fentanyl a US thing? Or is it in Europe too?

don't do drugs, it's that simple

Drugs are weird things. They will never cease to exist unless humans develop a higher focused power of self control in a globally uniformed fashion. As negative abuses, that is. 

Why do so many Americans do drugs? Smh

There are so many way more fun things in life :skull: 

1 hour ago, xDiamondx said:

Fentanyl is only the beginning. Carfentynal is even worse; it's potency is a hundred times stronger than fentanyl (and it's typically only used on large animals like elephants). :biblio:

wtf :biblio:

2 hours ago, Blue Jeans said:

Americans? @RomanNavy does more drugs on a Saturday night than this whole country does in a week. Literally the River Phoenix of ATRL 

Madonnas MDMA! :jonny5:

Natural selection, WERK it :clap3:

fentanyl, hacienda place

He was so ****ing cute :jonny:

My friends test our coke

My E connect tests his product so I’m good! 

1 hour ago, Lipgloss said:

fentanyl, hacienda place

He was so ****ing cute :jonny:

Do you think he did lines off that bow tie? :smitten: 

When you can remember to get your pills tested sistren, as well as if there are any recent major drug busts avoiding taking buying drugs around that time as that's usually when poorer quality fentanyl-laced drugs are more common 

MDNA impact.

8 hours ago, Blue Jeans said:

For many, it's because they run out or become too tolerant to pain killers like morphine. They then turn to heroin etc.

Others, it's a lifestyle they got sucked into. Like any addiction, the issues are complicated by the fact that this country doesn't take mental health seriously and is only beginning to take the opioid crisis more seriously.

this is why i always got my pills tested whenever i used

GIVE THE COKE UP GIRLS!

I'll never understand why people do drugs :rip: Is it REALLY worth the risk? The money? The supporting an industry responsible for so many murders? :rip:

I don’t do drugs, nor do I hangout in West Hollywood for that matter. 

Don't do more than weed, putas. 

This is what you get when you’re in a drug infested culture.