Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Little Mermaid cast revealed

2,199 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, princeaiden said:

and this is why SJWs are seen as jokes, assumptions. I am not white. :toofunny2:

Yet the point flew out of your head in my initial post lol. Its not an SJWd post, its a valid point.

Feel free to chime in on who y’all think should be Eric and Ursula

On 7/6/2019 at 10:36 PM, VJoker said:

As seen with Jasmine in Aladdin, they will make sure to cover much more of her body than in the original probably. I can imagine they will cover her skin fully up to her neckline with something, but leave her arms uncovered. She'll also probably have her hair changed completely to match the character and Disney will make sure to make her skin tone look as bright as possible, especially in the underwater scenes, since it will be easy to do there, as problematic as it sounds, because they want the coins from the Asian and Latin American countries. I can see them wanting the points for progressiveness in casting a black Ariel in the US, while still whitewashing her as much as possible in the movie for other countries. And I hope they will get dragged if they do, because you either commit to something fully or don't do it at all. :fish2:

I also suspect they are gonna light her skin and eyes.

Who is Prince Eric?

Is it really that big of a deal that a mermaid is black? How will this affect the movie in any capacity?

On 7/4/2019 at 2:31 AM, getinthezone said:

theres no reason to cast a black Woman as Ariel, other than as a political statement

They're jealous because their faves could never.

17 hours ago, princeaiden said:

Your assumption is that black people are less racist and that asians/latinos are more racist, again assumptions. :toofunny2:

It’s not an assumption, all you have to do is look throughout history from way back when Cuba and Brazil didn’t abolish slavery until 20-50 years after the U.S and U.K to the 2010s when you have a Univision presented calling Michelle Obama an ape on TV and Latino trump supporters calling a black cab driver a ******.

Black people’s racism towards Asians and Latinos while still obviously wrong is usually just offensive jokes. Asians and Latinos’ racism tends to be more rooted in actual hate.

29 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

It’s not an assumption, all you have to do is look throughout history from way back when Cuba and Brazil didn’t abolish slavery until 20-50 years after the U.S and U.K to the 2010s when you have a Univision presented calling Michelle Obama an ape on TV and Latino trump supporters calling a black cab driver a ******.

Black people’s racism towards Asians and Latinos while still obviously wrong is usually just offensive jokes. Asians and Latinos’ racism tends to be more rooted in actual hate.

That is BS. Black people do joke around but they can also be hateful. I hate this black people are never racist mentality cause they can and some are

8 minutes ago, princeaiden said:

That is BS. Black people do joke around but they can also be hateful. I hate this black people are never racist mentality cause they can and some are

When did I say black people cant be hateful? :rip: 

Learn how to read before you quote me again.

5 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

When did I say black people cant be hateful? :rip: 

Learn how to read before you quote me again.

You are insinuating , you aint slick 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

So one is a joke but the other isnt ok. 

31 minutes ago, Aciid said:

So one is a joke but the other isnt ok. 

I literally said in the post you quoted that the jokes are still obviously wrong and never said it was always only jokes or denied that there are black people who are hateful towards other races. 

I simply mean there are clearly way more Asian/Latino people who actually hate black people and consider them inferior than the other way around. Denying that is just ridiculous when this has been the case throughout history but you guys will keep believing what you want to make yourselves feel better so lol.

The fighting still going on. :dies:

If they wanted a black little mermaid why didn’t they just book Ariana Grande? :eli:

afc01ebb2ab475f1b4f0b84a0b20689f.jpg

NUVPhtzzWgETyEG-800x450-noPad.jpg?153508

This is still going? Close this thread, the discussion is pointless at this point,not only brings out the worst out of the posters.

Her voice is beautiful, I just don't really see her as Ariel but maybe I'll like her as soon as i see her with the full costume on.

No problem with the casting, but the movie's still gonna be trash. Sorry, y'all.

Love seeing these live-action remakes for films that we created specifically for animation!! :cm:

On 7/4/2019 at 8:55 AM, ItsJustMe. said:

Are you really comparing a villainous stepmother to Ariel?

Yes.

But she was white so no one cared.

WELL ANYWAY,

Chloe is going to slay.
The casting alone makes this film super interesting and exciting.

[And anyone who really disagrees with it is showing some serious discrimination.

In every job, its illegal or highly inappropriate to not hire someone because of their skin-colour. So why should a white actress get the part more than any other?]

On 7/9/2019 at 5:35 PM, swissman said:

WELL ANYWAY,

Chloe is going to slay.
The casting alone makes this film super interesting and exciting.

[And anyone who really disagrees with it is showing some serious discrimination.

In every job, its illegal or highly inappropriate to not hire someone because of their skin-colour. So why should a white actress get the part more than any other?]

Irk, Halle is perfect for the role, CxH are interesting people. 

On 7/10/2019 at 12:54 PM, kipperskipper said:

all the triggered white people in this thread are the same clowns that say "they dont see color" :bibliahh:

They're fake af

On 7/3/2019 at 8:00 PM, POTIRANEGRA said:

who cares if she is a fish or not real, she became POPULAR and LOVED by being white

:skull: