Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Little Mermaid cast revealed

2,199 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, HANZ94 said:

bull**** I want the original charachter 

might as well make a white version of Mulan then, it's just a story right 

The Disney version of Mulan takes place in China. Therefore they are going to cast Chinese actors.

If they want to move the story of Mulan, change the titular character, change the name of the cast, remove the setting (which is integral to the plot), etc., then sure!

1 minute ago, Baby Judas said:

These SJWs really ruined all the fun in the world. 

Imagine casting a black woman to play a famous character (which happened to be white in numerous illustrations) just to appeal to the SJWs. Ugggh childhood ruined. 

Why does it matter if she was white in the "numerous" illustrations? Its a movie with talking fish & a purple sea witch. Not exactly rooted in reality. Why do you think she was only cast to appeal to "SJWs" anyway? How does it ruin your childhood? Just say "**** you monkeys" and go.

Is there a chance we can see Chloe as a mermaid too? Ariel had all them damn sisters. :dies:

2 minutes ago, lickmycody said:

Shes beautiful but how do you make a black girl into a fire crotch? 🥴

Ask Rihanna...

not people calling me racist just because I want Ariel to look like she did in the original Disney movie since it's a remake of THAT movie

giphy.gif

#NotMyAriel  

I read this as Halle Berry but this is a good choice! 

WOAHHHH NICE choice. Didn't see that coming. I LITERALLY said in their single thread I want to hear more of her voice and now she's getting her shine as a lead in a disney film. Massive accomplishment oh wow.

WOAHHHH NICE choice. Didn't see that coming. I LITERALLY said in their single thread I want to hear more of her voice and now she's getting her shine as a lead in a disney film. Massive accomplishment oh wow.

I thought Halle Berry was going to play her. Mess.

Poor Lindsay though. I'm sure she's crushed!

2 minutes ago, PULSE. said:

Still booked and busy while you fume on a keypad, we have a winner folks... :fan:

Oh and you're typing this from where exactly :fan:

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

bfe8b0dcfcc951aca8c691a1543d9138.jpg a189cd89db54f94d768fee15cec2999e.jpg

they better not use that color :biblio:

Zendaya and Lindsay Lohan must be fuming. All those years of putting it out there for nothing. :ahh:

Posted (edited)

I’m ready for the meltdowns. Casting isn’t much of an issue as much as the hairstyle and make up... Hope she receives better treatment than Starfire

d1csze7cpfq7iu5t48h5.jpg

nwtsieikjoesqwkkd1qh.png

4 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

These SJWs really ruined all the fun in the world. 

Imagine casting a black woman to play a famous character (which happened to be white in numerous illustrations) just to appeal to the SJWs. Ugggh childhood ruined. 

2 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

And sorry, this kid looks uglee. I don't remember an uglee-looking Disney princess. :sad: 

Oops. Another one just exposes themselves as racist. :toofunny3:

2 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

I believe I said "horrible casting choices", user MrLovett

Melissa McCarthy

Awkwafina

that kid from room

and now this girl who had that terrible opening set at FWT

when we could have gotten Zendaya and Gaga excellence

And yet you said it response to this specific casting. So again, what about her casting is supposedly "horrible", TaylorNation?

ruined your childhood? :laugh:

people are so stupid it pains.

BITTEEERRR SWEEEETT YOU AND MEEE

YAS :jonny5:

i'm surprised they didn't cast amandla stenberg

it's a european tale

ariel is probably the most popular and iconic disney princess

disney takes a huge risk with this

and I kinda see why they did it but also not

tiana being the first black princess was such a precious and special moment

and now they're just gonna change their races (obviously only the white princesses)

disney is usually all about consistency

now kids will see a black ariel in the movies and then meet a white one in the parks and on all the merch.. it's odd!

But Halle is super talented and I'm sure she will do great! but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't have to get used to it :flower:

but you go girllll

1 minute ago, Arcadius said:

Well people also said Black Panther would flop because “nobody outside of America cares for a black hero” and clearly they were wrong. Disney knows what they’re doing and this movie will do just great.

You cannot compare Black Panther to The Littel Mermaid. Black Panther was originally black if I'm not mistaken, wasn't really a well known characer and it had all the machine from the MCU to fuel it. Meanwhile the Little Mermaid is a classical tale written by a Danish author, known by everyone in the world and the animated movie is a classic, everyone has seen the image of "white" Ariel everywhere over the last 3 decades.

It will be definitely be interesting to see how its box office numbers are, Disney is taking a huge risk

4 minutes ago, Arcadius said:

Halle is a great vocalist I really don’t understand the fumes. This is a far better choice than some random girl off Riverdale. :rip:

Right! She's a great pick, those vocals>> :smitten: 

2 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

I believe I said "horrible casting choices", user MrLovett

Melissa McCarthy

Awkwafina

that kid from room

and now this girl who had that terrible opening set at FWT

when we could have gotten Zendaya and Gaga excellence

Melissa is one of the best actresses of this gen, and Halle has the perfect voice for this and already has some acting experience and will surely get all the help for this :michael: idk what's the problem

1 minute ago, HANZ94 said:

not people calling me racist just because I want Ariel to look like she did in the original Disney movie since it's a remake of THAT movie

giphy.gif

#NotMyAriel  

This. People aren’t happy. Seethe ATRL SEETHE! 

I like this casting a lot actually! She'll sound beautiful and she's definitely charming enough to pull of a role like this. Won't be another disaster like Emma Watson as Belle.

Most of the rumoured cast looks good too, although I hope they'll cast someone who's a little closer to her age range than Harry Styles for Prince Eric.

2 minutes ago, HANZ94 said:

giphy.gif

#NotMyAriel  

It's a damn fantasy film about sea creatures. It's not that deep.

2 minutes ago, HANZ94 said:

giphy.gif

#NotMyAriel  

Naa, people are calling you racist because that's exactly what your comments were. You literally just called for whitewashing of a specifically Asian story, because a FICTIONAL MERMAID is going to be black.