Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

[Megathread] Taylor's Lawyer: Scott Lied About Masters

989 posts in this topic

Completely on Taylor’s side, scooter is a manipulative rat. She knows much more about what goes on behind closed doors than you guys that just think he’s amazing. 

Oh wow the MESS begins :deadbanana4:

MJ vs. Paul is already SHOOK 

Scott is the real snake here, he's the one that had a friendship with Taylor for years. He could have sold them to her, the ARTIST, as he should, if he had any decency, and instead sells them to someone he knows is not looking out for her best interests, that is against her and that she doesn't like and approve of, just because she decided to leave him so that she could continue her career on her own terms. I'm disgusted but not surprised, I bet this is pretty common in the industry, especially with women. The way she went IN on that post, I don't think I've ever "seen" her like that, oh my... She must be FUMING. And rightfully so. I'm DISGUSTED

My fave is just overreacting. This wasn't needed at all. Scooter is actually a fan. But Scott is gross tho for not even letting her know he's about to sell off the label to Scooter. Not that it would make any difference. But still, You better end that Republican Queen. But this could've been done in another way. Anyways Taylor I gonna get revenge. You better write that bop Taylor. No more ME!ss an YNTCD

I feel so bad for her 

:doc:

I am shocked but proud of her that she had the balls to post this so soon after the deal. It's clear to me now that her old record label is a lot of the reason she was afraid to speak out about... anything. They just wanted her to be a conservative porcelain doll to appeal to everyone possible. She seems to give no ****s about staying silent and being that girl anymore, though. I feel like she's become such a great woman with a lot of guts.

While her recent music is disappointing thus far, I like her so much more now that she's outspoken and authentically herself publically. Reading this made me incredibly sad for her. The feeling must be devastating.

Scooter, Bieber, Kanye, Big Machine, etc. are all GARBAGE. Scooter gives me the absolute creeps. I feel like so much shady **** will come out about him and his clients later on. Him and most of his clients seem like pieces of **** BTS.

I always thought Scott Borchetta was something like a second father to her. When did they fell off? Was it because she signed to another label and did it out of spite?

Either way, I feel bad for her. It must suck knowing your life's work now belongs to someone like that. Music industry is mad shady.

1 minute ago, JoJo said:

I don't think it's just that. I'm sure a lot of things happened behind the scenes, but Justin's Instagram post is the only public evidence of how Scooter actually treated Taylor.

I just think it's unnecessary to make a public post like this painting him as some kind of evil monster without it being well supported. Serving Tati Westbrook

3 minutes ago, Cain said:

But yeah people are delulu if they think Scooter will ever give Taylor those masters back. She's gonna have to catch them from his dead great-grandchildren's cold hands cause that family is never letting go of this moneymaker.

Exactly

7 minutes ago, Divine said:

No. When you perform a song live, you only have to pay the songwriters/publishers, in this case Taylor and her co-writers.

Scooter owns any of her past recordings from Big Machine Records - i.e., if you buy I Knew You Were Trouble on iTunes, he will get the bulk of the money.

7 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

I dont think he can do anything to sabotage her and ofc he wont do any of that because he would like to protect his investments. Taylor just hates him and hates the idea of him making money off her, so she’s being super dramatic. 

Thanks. I thought he would have the power to not let her perform old songs on tour, take her music off of Spotify/AM/Youtube, allow other artists to sample her songs, etc. But I can still understand why she's upset.

I feel so bad for her 

:doc:

12 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

Taylor knew the value as well. They just didn’t allow her the opportunity to buy it. She could even have bought the whole label (it would have been easy for her to get investors/partners and raise the 300million if it came to that). 

The fact that they did this knowing how she feels about it, with their history, and without reaching out to her to at least try and smooth things over, is shameful.

Big Machine Records is truly TRASH for sabotaging her like this.

Rich white Republican men did her in, in the end.

Holy ****, I wasn't expecting this :jonny:  Scooter always rubbed me the wrong way but this kinda confirms he's a monster, and I'm sure there's a LOT more she's not telling us.  I feel bad for her, it must absolutely suck to have your life's work and personal music bought by someone like that.

4 minutes ago, Rei said:

Not surprised Ariana works with him, she’s probably the one behind all of this trying to destroy Taylor just like she did with sweethearts Victoria Justice and Jennette McCurdy. :rip:

Stop :rip:

10 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

OMGGGGGGGGG Ariana deleted her story congratulating Scooter about it :cries:

drop his ****ing ass now ariana sis, you’re better off without his greedy money hungry ass.

Last time Ariana dropped Scotter she almost flopped into oblivion, as soon as he came back STS became a big hit and he threatens her everytime she disagrees with him by saying if she wants things to go back to the way they were when he was gone :rip:

2 minutes ago, Bentley said:

Always the victim. She should be grateful Scott signed her in the first place 🤷🏻‍♂️

The nerve of you to say this when Camila loves Taylor and Taylor has done so much for Camila emotionally and financially.

OT: Reading this made me highkey emotional and teary eyed :weeps:. Y'all keep talking about money, but this about more than money. The songs and albums she PENNED, with all the memories she has attached to them, are now in the hands of someone who helped orchestra a smear campaign on Taylor (I'm also glad she exposed what we've speculated for a long time that Scooter hates Taylor.) I can't imagine how she feels right now. I hope Joe is giving her a big hug and she knows the Swifites will always love and support her.

Scott is also trash! Him and Taylor have so much history together. Him, of ALL people should know what she went through in 2016. Scott sold her masters away to a man who traumatized his "self proclaimed" daughter for years. DISGUSTING. Shows how people will sell their loyalty, love and respect for money.

Hope Taylor cuts ties with him

Taylor should Jojo'ed all of her albums. Is she allow to do that?

This is disgusting. I feel bad for her. 

while I support her decision being so upfront and real about this, I just know it's gonna come back to bite her in the ass and people will make her the bad guy or overdramatic bitch

Just now, lonnie said:

I think he was motivated more with the monetary aspect of owning the masters to her 6 previous albums than some vendetta, which doesn't seem he's invested in. Either way Taylor deserved to get the chance to own her masters but bringing back that "feud" here was unnecessary

um

She brought it back cause she definitely knows more than we do and knows Scooter has been shading towards her in the past, and Scott Borchetta knows that. “Any time Scott Borchetta has heard the words ‘Scooter Braun’ escape my lips, it was when I was either crying or trying not to. He knew what he was doing; they both did”

She was never even given the chance to buy her own masters despite asking for it for years, and she one day she wakes up to the news of Scooter buying her masters like the rest of us :rip: 

um

Damn. I hope Taylor can work something out.

I feel really bad for her

Now Scooter has stripped me of my life’s work, that I wasn’t given an opportunity to buy.  that's sad and bad :(

It must feel horrible to have a man that has gone out of his way to bully you, own and make a **** ton of money out of all the years and hard work that you made in your formative years 

I feel for her 

:'(

6 minutes ago, Rei said:

Not surprised Ariana works with him, she’s probably the one behind all of this trying to destroy Taylor just like she did with sweethearts Victoria Justice and Jennette McCurdy. :rip:

If Ariana doesn't drop him again - and for real this time - she's lost all of my respect