Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

[Megathread] Taylor's Lawyer: Scott Lied About Masters

989 posts in this topic

But I'm confused as to what Kim or Kanye has to do with it

um

Wait, Scooter manages Karlie Kloss. Is he also responsible for ending Kaylor? This is such a nightmare

Girl, be careful. These men could still cause 'harm' to your future via leaking damaging information or just causing problems in general. wishing her well, my goodness

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, RudeBoyy said:

source.gif

Because he now owns her life's work. Try to be a little empathetic. The guy who manages Kanye (A guy who did all of the above) now owns her career. 

OT - This is horrible. I feel so bad for her. I always assumed she walked away or didn’t have the money. I knew Scooter Braun couldn’t be her favorite but never in my wildest dreams did I think it was like this. What the **** 

OMGGGGGGGGG Ariana deleted her story congratulating Scooter about it :cries:

drop his ****ing ass now ariana sis, you’re better off without his greedy money hungry ass.

2 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Oh my god she went in :deadbanana4: expose his trashy ass! Why the hell did Demi sign with him. Ariana adding more tour dates is also a nightmare. 

Not surprised since Demi seems to absolutely hate Taylor, and it makes it even worse that Taylena is a thing 

3 minutes ago, shookgrande said:

Why???

Wdym, she says that he was involved in the entire kimye incident. Maybe something behind the scenes happened too

1 minute ago, BabyCantYouSee said:

Can somebody explain to me how this affects her music career please? Does Scooter have the power to not allow Taylor to perform her old songs now?

No. When you perform a song live, you only have to pay the songwriters/publishers, in this case Taylor and her co-writers.

Scooter owns any of her past recordings from Big Machine Records - i.e., if you buy I Knew You Were Trouble on iTunes, he will get the bulk of the money.

I've never liked that man. Glad Taylor called him out on his evil schemes 

2 minutes ago, BabyCantYouSee said:

Can somebody explain to me how this affects her music career please? Does Scooter have the power to not allow Taylor to perform her old songs now?

I dont think he can do anything to sabotage her and ofc he wont do any of that because he would like to protect his investments. Taylor just hates him and hates the idea of him making money off her, so she’s being super dramatic. 

Eh not buying it, knowing her this looks like an orchestrated gimmick/drama to sell You Need To Calm Down.

Is this real life? :psyduck: 

Why would she share some of those details? :psyduck: 

This is when the Swifties needs to act like the Monsters & Hives and run those sexist managers outta town

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

But I'm confused as to what Kim or Kanye has to do with it

um

Scooter was managing Kanye at that time, in the screenshot she posted he was with Kanye/Justin bullying/making fun of her wround the time of the whole snapgate ****

She didn't even get the chance to buy them either :rip:

#lockscottup

Reading this back she just brought up the Kimye drama again to accuse Scooter of "bullying"... so basically that Instagram post by Justin is why she's this mad about him owning it?

Just now, State of Grace. said:

Scooter was managing Kanye at that time, in the screenshot she posted he was with Kanye/Justin bullying/making fun of her wround the time of the whole snapgate ****

Maybe she shouldn't have been a snake and there would never have been any problems.

um

21 minutes ago, shookgrande said:

She's making Scooter out to be some sort of monster :rip: He doesn't have bad intentions. I'm sure he'll work something out with her.

Umm... no he won’t. He bought those masters for a reason. Scooter is running to the bank as we speak, Taylor’s masters alone will feed his family for decades :rip: 

18 minutes ago, Tori Kelly said:

It's literally misogyny at its worst, she was the creator and should have been given much more leeway to buy her damn art back. Instead an aging cis white male now got the deal :angry:

Yes this is the worst part about it.

13 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

This cant be real :deadbanana4:

Some parts needed to be left out like the humble brag and the Lover promo :lmao: 

I mean I get that you have this creepy  obsession with her and clearly get your daily rushes of dopamine jacking off to whatever mishaps comes her way  (not judging, hope helps founds your way someday) but suuuuurely, there's a limit to how you can go? Right?

17 minutes ago, Tori Kelly said:

It's literally misogyny at its worst, she was the creator and should have been given much more leeway to buy her damn art back. Instead an aging cis white male now got the deal :angry:

While I agree that Scooter is ****ing trash and that Taylor should own the rights to her music, isn't this typical for artists in general? Paul McCartney was livid when Michael Jackson bought the Beatles discography.

Poor Taylor. Scooter is awful and greedy 

This goes to show that you can be the biggest artist on the planet and ultimately you're still some old white labelhead's bitch.

The industry is ****ed up.

i’m so...wow, just lost for words. i feel so bad for Taylor. to know that all of her life’s work up to this point is in someone else’s hands :lipton: i hope her and scooter are able to come to an understanding at some point and she’s able to acquire her masters.

2 minutes ago, Bentley said:

Always the victim. She should be grateful Scott signed her in the first place 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shut the **** up Camila stan.... she was a ****ing FIFTEEN year old girl and was taken advantage of.