Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

[Megathread] Taylor's Lawyer: Scott Lied About Masters

989 posts in this topic

Like when Kim Kardashian orchestrated an illegally recorded snippet of a phone call to be leaked and then Scooter got his two clients together to bully me online about it. (See photo) Or when his client, Kanye West, organized a revenge **** music video which strips my body naked. Now Scooter has stripped me of my life’s work, that I wasn’t given an opportunity to buy. Essentially, my musical legacy is about to lie in the hands of someone who tried to dismantle it.

source.gif

Just now, chiliam said:

Omg its such a ****ty feeling when people just take what all of your hardwork like that.

But she still gets royalty and can perform her old catalogue, right? Since she is the main writter of all those songs?

Yes but it would be annoying know someone you do not like owns your music and is making money off it 

14 minutes ago, GorgeousRep said:

Any time Scott Borchetta has heard the words ‘Scooter Braun’ escape my lips, it was when I was either crying or trying not to.

Why???

Wait is this real? This sounds really honest. :deadbanana4:

Oh my god she went in :deadbanana4: expose his trashy ass! Why the hell did Demi sign with him. Ariana adding more tour dates is also a nightmare. 

so newer acts dont own their masters?

what about the ones under established artists labels like Chloe x Hallee or Ariana

At the end of the day though, she's one of the lucky ones. She's rich af already, she'll always earn royalties, and her tour money is also there. Apart from the sentimental value, she'll be fine. This kind of thing is more tragic for the artists that end up broke. 

1 minute ago, Hunter_13 said:

Can she pull a Jojo and re-record her albums? :dancehall2:

All 6 of them? :deadbanana2:

Maybe Ariana should have kept him FIRED. What a terrible man - who's entire client base sans Ariana continues to FLOP into oblivion. He overworked Justin Bieber to the point where Justin was "on the brink of death" from drugs and partying only to milk it for a movie in 3D. 

Posted (edited)

How did Scooter bully her? As far as I know, he's been one of the best managers in pop. Ariana's and Justin's careers have been managed so well. I never knew he was such a bad person. I feel so bad for Taylor

This is so sad and disgusting.

Scooter, Kanye and all the Trump supporting privileged men's evil knows no boundaries. 

2 minutes ago, chiliam said:

But she still gets royalty and can perform her old catalogue, right? Since she is the main writter of all those songs?

She still gets performing, songwriting, and producing royalties, yes.

And Scooter wouldn't see a dime of her performing any of her old material since he only owns her recordings.

Can somebody explain to me how this affects her music career please? Does Scooter have the power to not allow Taylor to perform her old songs now?

We love a successful businessman. :clap3: #I’mWithHim

1 minute ago, Feanor said:

I mean he still helped her throughout her first 10 years or so.

But as she has said in her post, she never expected him to sell her masters to someone who bullied her for many years

That's true, it's just confusing to say you're thankful and now it's like she left with bitterness and didn't trust him at all to lead her into the future. But I guess that's the way I would feel too...

Damn...that really sucks.

I honestly thought I was reading a parody omg, this sounds like something you would say behind closed doors but she's putting it all out there.

3 minutes ago, Raster said:

can Rihanna stans not brag about their fave owning her masters and try to be empathetic here? :rip:

:deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Oh my god she went in :deadbanana4: expose his trashy ass! Why the hell did Demi sign with him. Ariana adding more tour dates is also a nightmare. 

Not surprised since Demi seems to absolutely hate Taylor, and it makes it even worse that Taylena is a thing 

Idgi what can HE do by owning the masters? Someone explain

This explains why she is releasing such a long album. I can see her never perform her catalog in the future.

1 minute ago, BabyCantYouSee said:

Can somebody explain to me how this affects her music career please? Does Scooter have the power to not allow Taylor to perform her old songs now?

nope, he'll never have that power

4 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Tragic. I feel bad for ol' Taylor.

For real though, this is sad.  How she's being taken advantage of like this.

I'm glad my fave had people like JAY-Z and Beyoncé, other black artists who went thru the struggle, to show her the value of ownership of her material.  :clap3: 

Taylor knew the value as well. They just didn’t allow her the opportunity to buy it. She could even have bought the whole label (it would have been easy for her to get investors/partners and raise the 300million if it came to that). 

The fact that they did this knowing how she feels about it, with their history, and without reaching out to her to at least try and smooth things over, is shameful.