Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Supermarket worker fired after sharing anti Islamic video

28 posts in this topic

An Asda worker has lost his job for sharing an ‘anti-Islamic’ Billy Connolly video.

Examiner Live reports that Brian Leach, a 54-year-old disabled till worker, has been sacked from his job in a Dewsbury Asda because he shared a Billy Connolly video about religion on his personal Facebook page

He says he was grassed up by a colleague, from head office, who found the joke offensive. ‘I was then pulled into a meeting a couple of weeks later’, Leach told Examiner Live. ‘I was summarily dismissed without notice following a disciplinary meeting for breaching the company’s social-media policy.’ In the offending clip, says the Mirror, Connolly takes aim at Christianity, Islam and calls suicide bombers ‘f****** idiots’. 

Video in question:

Read more:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/06/25/blasphemy-is-now-a-sackable-offence-asda-islam-billy-connolly/

Should blasphemy lose someone their job? 

The UK is a mess. You can't criticize Islam anywhere especially in Europe. This sounds to me like creeping Sharia.

religious beliefs are so fragile

People are so stupid

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Rowan said:

The UK is a mess. You can't criticize Islam anywhere especially in Europe. This sounds to me like creeping Sharia.

Something like this would only happen in the UK. They've been by far the worst at integrating Muslims. :rip:

I would rather have the snitch colleague fired considering he found a video where suicide bombers are called "****ing idiots" offensive. :cm:

That video isn't even rude (to me, maybe cuz I'm not religious)..I expected way worse lol

I get why it might be offensive to religious people..but to immediately fire someone over this because he shared it on his personal Facebook..hmm..I find that questionable tbh.

The UK is a nanny state. 

damn, sharia in the uk is going strong. 

Shariah is taking over Europe I see :matty:

he only shared that on his personal facebook, I thought he at least did on some tv screens inside wallmart 

The westerners thought when they invaded Middle East, they would stop Islam. See when you do clownery, it will hit you back. Perch for Islam spreading all over Europe :jonny:

A reverse Jihadian experience. Islam apologists stay harassing and bullying people I see. No surprise from a religion that refuses assimilation and rejects others religions customs and traditions yet demands everyone tip toe around theirs. It’s ok for Muslims to secretly support grassroots terrorism funded by local mosques all over Europe but it’s not ok to breathe a word about how trash Islam has been since its inception. Where are the “ableist” arguments now? A disabled person was just wrongly terminated for... sharing a video that criticized Islam and religion in general? Predictable Gen Z hypocrisy trikes again.

I see the same tired SJWs talk all day about “systemic” oppression and how entire groups of people “perpetuate” any/everything i.e., “all white people are racist.” Yet when it comes to Muslims apparently every Muslim is perfect and flawless.... and you believe it? No one is allowed to generalize people who share fundamental beliefs and dogma of the same religion without foaming at the mouth and crying Islamophobia. But yal talk **** all day about Jews, gays, Americans, Asians, and of course white people in general.

Yal are really so transparent and pathetic. Have you even read scripture from the Qur’an? LMFAO. Allah COMMANDS the slaughter of infidels why are yal acting new? Ok so let me get this straight: all white people are racist because they systemically contribute to racist ideology that oppresses people of Color... but suddenly the systemic argument doesn’t apply to Islam. No single Muslim is ever culpable for the crimes of a religion that demands the subjugation, rape, and murder of those who don’t follow the religion as indicated by its holy text. Ok. But yal injure yourselves LEAPING to defend Muslims every day. Ok. Hypocrites.

Apparently Islamic terrorism, suicide bombers, Islam-support female genital mutilation, Islamic state supported homophobia and murder of Queer people don’t actually exist because nobody is accountable for what Islam SYSTEMICALLY support. You know, because no Muslim seems to know an extremist even when all international intelligence shows that 10-15% of Muslims WW have been radicalized. Just like how no white person actually knows a racist *crickets* Oh oh oh ok.

I see identity politicians are nowhere to be found when Muslims are clocked for benefiting and perpetuating the systemic violence and oppression of Islam because they’re exhausted from scouring the internet trying to takedown someone for a problematic tweet from 2009. Yal cry about ableism and, helping the disabled, and being an ally but then HURL a disabled worker into a ditch the moment their criticize Islam. Never change, Islam apologists.

23 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

A reverse Jihadian experience. Islam apologists stay harassing and bullying people I see. No surprise from a religion that refuses assimilation and rejects others religions customs and traditions yet demands everyone tip toe around theirs. It’s ok for Muslims to secretly support grassroots terrorism funded by local mosques all over Europe but it’s not ok to breathe a word about how trash Islam has been since its inception. Where are the “ableist” arguments now? A disabled person was just wrongly terminated for... sharing a video that criticized Islam and religion in general? Predictable Gen Z hypocrisy trikes again.

I see the same tired SJWs talk all day about “systemic” oppression and how entire groups of people “perpetuate” any/everything i.e., “all white people are racist.” Yet when it comes to Muslims apparently every Muslim is perfect and flawless.... and you believe it? No one is allowed to generalize people who share fundamental beliefs and dogma of the same religion without foaming at the mouth and crying Islamophobia. But yal talk **** all day about Jews, gays, Americans, Asians, and of course white people in general.

Yal are really so transparent and pathetic. Have you even read scripture from the Qur’an? LMFAO. Allah COMMANDS the slaughter of infidels why are yal acting new? Ok so let me get this straight: all white people are racist because they systemically contribute to racist ideology that oppresses people of Color... but suddenly the systemic argument doesn’t apply to Islam. No single Muslim is ever culpable for the crimes of a religion that demands the subjugation, rape, and murder of those who don’t follow the religion as indicated by its holy text. Ok. But yal injure yourselves LEAPING to defend Muslims every day. Ok. Hypocrites.

Apparently Islamic terrorism, suicide bombers, Islam-support female genital mutilation, Islamic state supported homophobia and murder of Queer people don’t actually exist because nobody is accountable for what Islam SYSTEMICALLY support. You know, because no Muslim seems to know an extremist even when all international intelligence shows that 10-15% of Muslims WW have been radicalized. Just like how no white person actually knows a racist *crickets* Oh oh oh ok.

I see identity politicians are nowhere to be found when Muslims are clocked for benefiting and perpetuating the systemic violence and oppression of Islam because they’re exhausted from scouring the internet trying to takedown someone for a problematic tweet from 2009. Yal cry about ableism and, helping the disabled, and being an ally but then HURL a disabled worker into a ditch the moment their criticize Islam. Never change, Islam apologists.

:clap3:

Poor dat. 

5 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Best read for today and it’s only 9.35AM here :clap3:

This country is completely insane.

damn spill that tea :clap3:

Ngl, I'm starting to think the main reason some people are so protective of Islam is because they're so afraid of it. I wonder why.

7 hours ago, Coklek92 said:

The westerners thought when they invaded Middle East, they would stop Islam. See when you do clownery, it will hit you back. Perch for Islam spreading all over Europe :jonny:

And I think we all know what happened to Al-Andalus :fan:

6 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

And I think we all know what happened to Al-Andalus :fan:

Great architecture, wish Islam stay longer there :jonny:

the amount of sad salty zionists in this thread :toofunny3:

6 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

5 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

Great architecture, wish Islam stay longer there :jonny:

Yeah, the buildings are pretty and science evolved a lot and all but thank Allah they went back to Islam cause everything has an expiration date :heart2:

5 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

the amount of sad salty zionists in this thread :toofunny3:

what does zionism have to do with the content of this thread

2 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

what does zionism have to do with the content of this thread

giphy.gif