Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Various Artists - 'The Lion King (OST)'

210 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, DevinWylde said:

The moment Bey kicks in during Can You Feel the Love gave me literal chills, but she's either mixed much louder than Donald or she just outdid him too much so that it doesn't sound really like a duet :rip:

It’s both 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DevinWylde said:

The moment Bey kicks in during Can You Feel the Love gave me literal chills, but she's either mixed much louder than Donald or she just outdid him too much so that it doesn't sound really like a duet :rip:

It’s both. He’s basically singing backup. I’m guessing they did that so it more closely mirrored the ‘94 version vs the broadway duet. Not sure why he needed to sing the chorus?

But even if they were mixed together her voice is just so powerful itd probably overpower his limited range. She is a vocalist. He is a singer.

I wish COL was more like the broadway version, it is amazing!!!

can you feel the love tonight is sorta like the original, but with the emotion stripped out of it

3 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

can you feel the love tonight is sorta like the original, but with the emotion stripped out of it

you are the LAST person to comment on emotion. LMAO

Hakuna Matata was great.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

CYFTLT STOMPS on the original. Also y'all do the most with Donald he can sing, I think he's clearly trying to stay in Simba voice here and that's limiting his ability

TERRIBLE

10 hours ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

you are the LAST person to comment on emotion. LMAO

:lmao: That child’s fave couldn’t do it even if they gave her someone’s else voice. 

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a