Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Various Artists - 'The Lion King (OST)'

210 posts in this topic

Circle of Life was really good :clap3:

King was... ok, but the instrumental in the middle was pointless and weird. Young Simba sounds weaker vocally than the OG imo and the runs are a bit distracting, so the original is better but its not too bad. 

Be Prepared - them changing it and cutting most of it omg :rip: it's far too angry (which makes some sense considering Scar was angry) but its missing the whimsy and jumpy kinda feeling the original had. Would it have hurt them to add the original verses back in just for the soundtrack and use this one in the movie?? This is the most upsetting. 

Hakuna Matata... Pumba is tragic, altho he plays the funny role well. I love Timon at points and hate his voice at other points but he works better here than in CYFTLT. Young Simba's voice still feels weak. I actually like Donald's vocals here, he has the original Adult Simba vibe to his voice.They all blend well at the end too. It works well overall :clap3: 

TLST :rip: :rip: it was good at the extended parts, I was really enjoying it and then it got cut off by the roar :rip: "Full version" when its 1:24 :rip: 

CYFTLT - I don't think Timon and Pumba work here (at the start) honestly; it feels like too much of a switch from them to Donald and Bey, moreso than the original to the point it sounds awkward. But I can't fault the rest of the song apart from some of the runs being a bit much. I'm glad they didn't ruin this :clap3: 

Spirit is cute. Feels like its lacking in some places and weirdly sounds like it both fits and doesn't fit the soundtrack :rip: Love a good key change tho. Not bad but not gonna replay often either.

Never Too Late is great. It's really fun and the intro/instrumentals work with their high energy. Doesn't really fit the sound of the soundtrack much, outside the chants which help, but I can definitely see it being an ending song to the film when everyone's leaving during the credits. Think it's perfect for that.

He Lives in You... I'm disappointed they didn't get the Circle of Life singer to do an English version for during the movie itself. The broadway version is exceptional and I prefer that but you do still really hear the energy in this, which is a big plus. 

Overall I think it's well done outside the horrendous Be Prepared non-attempt :rip: Circle of Life alone was better than the whole Aladdin soundtrack which was entirely unimpressive (after the broadway recording being fantastic). Overall even if the movie turns out trash, the soundtrack is good :clap3:  

17 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Be Prepared non-attempt :rip:

This. I was disgusted when listening. 

be prepared is so different :bibliahh: i need to see how its done in the movie tho

none of the new renditions are any great on their own but could pop out on screen

For some reason I actually like the new Be Prepared :deadbanana: 

i wish the album version of can you feel the love had been just bey and donald. the contrast between them and billy and seth is jarring

4 hours ago, Adamri said:

VF de 94 >>>>>>> VO :jonny6:

Bonne question...honnêtement je sais pas trop...Vitaa, Amel Bent...? Je ne suis pas fan de leur musique, mais elles ont une assez jolie voix et perso je préfère un « L’amour brille sous les étoiles » un peu plus soul/rnb que variete, a l’image de la version de Beyonce quoi !

Eww non. La version VO est supérieure. Mais je suis agréablement surprise par la version française. La chanteuse a une belle voix.

Amel Bent oui peut-être, la voix de Vitaa m'insupporte certaines fois.

14 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

i wish the album version of can you feel the love had been just bey and donald. the contrast between them and billy and seth is jarring

I like it too, it’s darker which fits Scar’s new look. But then I listened to the 1994’s version, and I forgot how much of a sassy bitch he was and got my life from it 

I’m actually hoping for a remix by a member o the Hive lol

14 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I like it too, it’s darker which fits Scar’s new look. But then I listened to the 1994’s version, and I forgot how much of a sassy bitch he was and got my life from it 

I’m actually hoping for a remix by a member o the Hive lol

11 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Eww non. La version VO est supérieure. Mais je suis agréablement surprise par la version française. La chanteuse a une belle voix.

Amel Bent oui peut-être, la voix de Vitaa m'insupporte certaines fois.

Ouai mais elle a une jolie voix quand même, et elle a quasiment le même timbre que celui de la chanteuse de la version animée...

Et puis Amel Bent, bah c’est Amel Bent quoi haha, elle a une voix plutôt soul, elle a du coffre...ça aurait pu donner quelque chose de vraiment sympa ! Dommage...

Never Too Late almost sounds like a parody song, like idk how I feel about it

They are trying way too hard to be “different” from the original and have BUTCHERED most of the songs, especially CYFTLT.

11 hours ago, J-esper said:

Never Too Late almost sounds like a parody song, like idk how I feel about it

It's like a song that'd play during the "bloopers" in the extra section on the dvd

The way they turned Be Prepared into a 2 min dialogue with a bit of singing in the end. :rip:  

A disgrace. 

Posted (edited)

Wait why are yall commenting on the songs? Is the album out? I thought it's not out until next Friday?

EDIT: Mess the physical release is next week. Didn't know they had split the digital and physical dates. Which is DUMB btw.

CYFTLT is beautiful, the only criticism I have is that Donald Glover is a bit overpowered by Beyoncé when they sing together but ah well

Can you feel the love tonight is a mess.

The talking parts are pointless and Ruin it,

The production sounds cheap coz there's literally no reverb on the vocals so they sound like they're singing on a voice recorder, it's too fast and they sound rushed.

1 minute ago, mariahcarey said:

:rip: :rip:

Have you seen this movie? Do you know this movie? Aieyayaie. 

6 minutes ago, mariahcarey said:

Can you feel the love tonight is a mess.

The production sounds cheap coz there's literally no reverb on the vocals so they sound like they're singing on a voice recorder, it's too fast and they sound rushed.

I'll take it that you haven't seen TLK. 

Is the album coming up as a playlist for everyone or just me? 

I can’t find an official English version on Spotify. 

CYFTLT and IJCWTBK and Be Prepared sound great. Never big a big fan of Circle of Life, the others are cute too.

Be Prepared sounds soooo angrily evil, whereas the original made Scar a sassy evil. It still works despite the massive changes. At least it still makes Scar a whole lot of baddie, as I thought Chiwetel’s voice won’t math Jeremy Iron’s menacing take.

CYFTLT is okish. Timon and Pumbaa are meh there. And beyonce overshadowed Donald Glover too much. Don’t know they didn’t mix it properly so Donald Glover would also have louder singing, cause it’s all about Bey there now. :rip: 

Don’t want to spoil the other songs too much so I havent listened to the other tracks

1 hour ago, Bey'Knight said:

Is the album coming up as a playlist for everyone or just me? 

I can’t find an official English version on Spotify. 

It’s deep down on Spotify search suggestions when you type it lol dunno why

Damn it I really hate how CYFTLT became just all about Bey now. Urgh.

1 hour ago, Dingdong123 said:

It’s deep down on Spotify search suggestions when you type it lol dunno why

I found it thru Beyonce’s spirit song. They need to fix that mess. The non-English versions are easier to find. 

hans zimmer is such a genius

listening to the 2nd part of elephant graceyard rn

idk what it is with the lion king but the score makes me so emotional

The moment Bey kicks in during Can You Feel the Love gave me literal chills, but she's either mixed much louder than Donald or she just outdid him too much so that it doesn't sound really like a duet :rip: