HDD: Lil Nas X #1 82k, Madonna -92% pure sales

Renan90

1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

Go away with your wrong opinion. Esp since AGAIN...these are super early numbers that will obviously  go up.

His numbers still fits in the top 10 openings of the year. If you're  blind to see how the entire industry

You really don't have anything else to back up with :ahh:

70k is a top 10 debut? Wow, oh wow.

Sure. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBJT2786

• evtimow

• Mr.Fenty

• Renan90

3 minutes ago, evtimow said:

You really don't have anything else to back up with :ahh:

70k is a top 10 debut? Wow, oh wow.

Sure. 

I meant to write ( thanks 503 error) :

His numbers still fits in the top 20 openings of the year. If you're  blind to see how the entire industry is doing right now you need to not be on Charts.

I'll bookmark you when he hits 100K+ by the end of the week so you can look stupid. This really not a hill you wanna die on.

Edited by JBJT2786

1 hour ago, evtimow said:

Who cares about him, I don't even listen to rap

It's just so bland when you try to defend obviously bad numbers :rip:

so why the **** you're even inserting yourself into it? FOH

1 hour ago, JBJT2786 said:

I meant to write ( thanks 503 error) :

His numbers still fits in the top 20 openings of the year. If you're  blind to see how the entire industry is doing right now you need to not be on Charts.

I'll bookmark you when he hits 100K+ by the end of the week so you can look stupid. This really not a hill you wanna die on.

Top 10? Top 20? Stop switching and twisting your opinion, just because you can't sustain it. It's laughable at this point. 

I literally wrote in my posts above I hope he picks up because the predicted numbers (70k) are bad and I hope he does at least 100k.

In any case, the only one looking stupid is you. 

You can't argue for ****. Keep it moving. 

41 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

so why the **** you're even inserting yourself into it? FOH

Because he is one of the most talked about artists currently and is predicted to do bad numbers?

It's not that hard to comprehend. 

2 minutes ago, evtimow said:

Because he is one of the most talked about artists currently and is predicted to do bad numbers?

bc then you don't know how the genre operates etc. i already gave you an example of Drake selling 70k with his EP right after his breakthrough hit

22 minutes ago, evtimow said:

Top 10? Top 20? Stop switching and twisting your opinion, just because you can't sustain it. It's laughable at this point. 

I literally wrote in my posts above I hope he picks up because the predicted numbers (70k) are bad and I hope he does at least 100k.

In any case, the only one looking stupid is you. 

You can't argue for ****. Keep it moving. 

The only one looking stupid is you complaining over a new artist doing 70k on EP....big hit or not. :deadbanana4:. He literally has 1 hit and is a rapper. Not hard to comprehend either esp with the era were in. The only reason you think I dont argue right is cuz you dont accept facts and just wanna scream  "the numbers are bad!!" cuz your bad opinion. Esp the 3 page essay you had earlier about how this was a pop girl they would get dragged where there are 0....I mean 0 examples of this exact scenario where a pop girl debuted a EP 3 months after first big hit with no prior underground musical following or fanbase ( I finally read your crappy essay and it's still the same nonsense.) So no sir the stupid isnt me.

The kid has no fanbase to back up on, no prior hit or song before OTR and as much as you claim there was hype behind this EP...he literally  announced  a month ago on tweet. So unless you're on ATRL or following him on Twitter you wouldnt have known about it.

Why the hell then is 70k bad with these facts? :rip:

One song alone is not gonna gain you that much sales. The kid is gonna have longevity at the end. 

Edited by JBJT2786

1 hour ago, Mr.Fenty said:

bc then you don't know how the genre operates etc. i already gave you an example of Drake selling 70k with his EP right after his breakthrough hit

And yet, you are comparing Best I Ever Had with OTR?

That even proves my point of how bad Lil Nas numbers are, do you even read before you click "submit"? 

The only one looking stupid is you complaining over a new artist doing 70k on EP....big hit or not. :deadbanana4:. He literally has 1 hit and is a rapper. Not hard to comprehend either esp with the era were in. The only reason you think I dont argue right is cuz you dont accept facts and just wanna scream  "the numbers are bad!!" cuz your bad opinion. Esp the 3 page essay you had earlier about how this was a pop girl they would get dragged where there are 0....I mean 0 examples of this exact scenario where a pop girl debuted a EP 3 months after first big hit with no prior underground musical following or fanbase ( I finally read your crappy essay and it's still the same nonsense.) So no sir the stupid isnt me.

The kid has no fanbase to back up on, no prior hit or song before OTR and as much as you claim there was hype behind this EP...he literally  announced  a month ago on tweet. So unless you're on ATRL or following him on Twitter you wouldnt have known about it.

Why the hell then is 70k bad with these facts? :rip:

One song alone is not gonna gain you that much sales. The kid is gonna have longevity at the end. 

It's not that you don't argue, you don't accept numbers and that's sad. :deadbanana4:

I said more than enough on the topic to successfully contradict with any of your assumptions.

Keep it moving and stop twisting the narrative, this is not SJW twitter. 

34 minutes ago, evtimow said:

That even proves my point of how bad Lil Nas numbers are, do you even read before you click "submit"? 

It's not that you don't argue, you don't accept numbers and that's sad. :deadbanana4:

I said more than enough on the topic to successfully contradict with any of your assumptions.

Keep it moving and stop twisting the narrative, this is not SJW twitter. 

Theres accepting numbers and expectations. If he was a established artist with a good following and a #1hit, yes I would agree this is bad. But hes not. Nothing you have said has supported any contradiction.

"HES DOING Christina's numbers!!"

Christina is an established artist with a loyal fanbase.

" if this was pop girl making those numbers they would be dragged"

Read my last post

Also SJW Twitter?! What cause I'm trying defend? Were talking about the way charts work baby. Make it Make Sense!!

And theres no narrative twisting ( other than you looking to make it seem like the subject has changed when it has). Finally last time I checked I can talk and post wherever the hell I want on this site abiding to the sites rules so deal with it and you want me to stop talking to you, stop quoting me and getting annoyed lol.

Edited by JBJT2786

Theres accepting numbers and expectations. If he was a established artist with a good following and a #1hit, yes I would agree this is bad. But hes not. Nothing you have said has supported any contradiction.

"HES DOING Christina's numbers!!"

Christina is an established artist with a loyal fanbase.

" if this was pop girl making those numbers they would be dragged"

Read my last post

Also SJW Twitter?! What cause I'm trying defend? Were talking about the way charts work baby. Make it Make Sense!!

And theres no narrative twisting ( other than you looking to make it seem like the subject has changed when it has). Finally last time I checked I can talk and post wherever the hell I want on this site abiding to the sites rules so deal with it and you want me to stop talking to you, stop quoting me and getting annoyed lol.

He is predicted to do 70K with the biggest song of the decade. The song is bringing from 30K to 40K SPS.

This leaves the rest of the songs to do the same number (30-40K).

So, we can conclude that his new single, riding off the wave of OTR, his collab with Cardi and 4 other songs under 2 or 3 minutes, in order to inflate streams, are going to do the same number as his debut song in its 15th week and 12th at #1. 

I don't know how to translate it for you, but let me try like this:

A song (1) is making in its 15th week as much as his other songs (6) in their debut week. 

1 vs 6. Doing the same thing. 

For now, those numbers are just bad, no matter how new he is. There is no excuse for these songs to do the same or less as his debut song in their debut week, riding off its wave and at the peak of his popularity. The signs are, if he doesn't elevate the quality of his material, he is going to remain a one hit wonder. Sadly, he doesn't have the talent or the factor to pull off an entire steady career out of his push now. 

No one is getting annoyed, this is a pop forum and shouldn't be taken seriously, but there is no way you will win this argument on the base of ignorance, stupidity and how you think the industry works versus facts. 

2 hours ago, evtimow said:

i'm comparing 2 young hip hop artists in the beginning of their journey. too bad, you can't make this connection

Edited by Mr.Fenty

48 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

i'm comparing 2 young hip hop artists in the beginning of their journey. too bad, you can't make this connection

You really can’t compare Drake’s debut & Lil Nas’, that was like a decade ago, with streaming & things the music industry has changed so much since then, it’s a completely different climate now.

Not y’all making it seem like this is good :bibliahh:

THese numbers are tragic. Don't care how y'all wanna spin it. 

Life will be better when ATRL realizes a catchy hit song doesn't = general interest in a full work of art from an "artist".

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_418194067.gif

TOP 20: TOO CLOSE TO CALL

Driven by a large ticket bundle and strong indie sales, The Raconteurs have dramatically entered the race for #1. The JackWhite-fronted act is battling the debut EP from Lil Nas X

1. *The Raconteurs (Third Man) 70-80k total activity. 68-78k album
  2. *Lil Nas X (Columbia) 70-80k, 3-4k
  3. Billie Eilish (Darkroom/Interscope) 55-60k, 11-13k
  4. Jonas Brothers (Republic) 40-45k, 11-13k
  5. Khalid (Right Hand Music/RCA) 30-35k, 2-4k
  6. *Gucci Mane (Atlantic) 30-35k, 1-2k
  7. Lizzo (Atlantic) 25-28k, 2-4k
  8. DaBaby (Interscope) 24-27k, <1k
  9. Ariana Grande (Republic) 24-27k, 1-3k
  10. Drake (YMCMB/Republic) 21-24k, <1k
  11. Elton JohnDiamonds (Island) 21-24k, 6-7k
  12. Polo G (Columbia) 21-24k, <1k
  13. Luke Combs  This One’s For You (River House/Columbia Nashville) 21-24k, 2-4k
  14. Post Malone (Republic) 21-24k, <1k
  15. DJ Khaled (We The Best/Epic) 20-23k, 1-2k
  16. *Prince (Rhino/Warner) 18-21k, 17-20k
  17. Tyler, The Creator (Columbia) 17-20k, <1k
  18. *Willie Nelson (Legacy) 17-20k, 17-20k
  19. Travis Scott (Cactus Jack/Grand Hustle/Epic) 16-19k, <1k
  20. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie (Atlantic) 16-19k, <1k

*DEBUTS

In other news, there's a giant inflatable Spiderman outside the window, so it must be Tuesday.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=316951

I hope the Raconteurs stay at #1 :clap3: 

Pretty good for an EP, but still a bit less than I would've expected

Where's Madonna? :deadbanana2:  did the bundles really comprise almost all of the first week

15 minutes ago, Renan90 said:

9. Ariana Grande (Republic) 24-27k, 1-3k

10. Drake (YMCMB/Republic) 21-24k, <1k

:deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

The Barbz need to start a campaign to stream The Raconteurs' album for the #1... I'll gladly help them :duca: (even if Queen didn't hit #1)

On 6/22/2019 at 3:01 PM, Mariano said:

70k would be a huge slay. It's an EP... imagine what he can do with a 15 track album :rip: 

Considering most come from OTR, a separate full album likely would serve similar numbers :skull: 

Imagine if the BB200 still consists of only actual sales. The top ten will include sales of less than 10k :deadbanana4:

I'm still not into streaming because it inflates "album sales" but literally, album sales are dead.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.