Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Will short songs become the new trend?

14 posts in this topic

Urban artists have been doing this for a while. ANTI had plenty of short tracks (Consideration, James Joint, Needed Me, Yeah I Said It, Goodnight Gotham, Pose). 

yes and also albums having multiple interludes, many tracks and adding tracks post release of album.

We will see labels coming up with even more techniques to inflate streams  

yes. it's already happening. pop songs used to be on average between 3:30-4:30 and now are between 2:15-3:30.

Y'all are a bit dramatic, lol.

The increase in short tracks I think has mostly to do with the fact in streaming era underground artists without access to high-budget producers & songwriting teams are getting way more hits than the past. Lil Nas, Lil Pump, Bhad Bhabie, Bazzi, etc are the ones doing these 2-minute singles. And well... artistry also isn't a huge thing with them either.

All the huge names (Drake, Taylor, Beyonce, Ariana, Ed, Gaga, Katy, etc) continue to release usual length songs.

Doing interludes and stuff on albums to increase streams would be mostly pointless. People listen to albums once (maybe a few times) in full then just revisit their favorite songs. 

short songs have been in for a while. it obviously helps streaming. It's not fraudulent at all since the listener has to actively decide to relisten to the track. they might change that to counting time spent streaming vs. no. of streams but for now you get more out of short tracks

It already has, better get used to it :cm:

Madonna's lead is 5 minutes long, her next single is over 6 minutes long, atrl told me she was trend chasing? 

This reminds me of when people said eventually all songs would be $0.69 as the new standard price when discounts were popping and now discounts aren’t even a thing. The industry keeps trying different things

just ones who have no artistry :cm:

It already is.

It's a trend already just look at "you need to calm down" length

Yes. Meghan Trainor's impact

It’s the sixties all over again sans quality 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0