HDD: YNTCD 90-100K sales, 20-23m audio streams

Hector

Taylor Swift’s “You Need to Calm Down” (Republic) is enjoying some strong early metrics. The streaming total keeps going up, and she remains #1 at iTunes—where she’s handily outselling the #2 track. At press time, it was approaching 20m in audio streams. In real time, the song’s already #21 at Pop radio after just six days. 

It’s also #2 on the Spotify U.S. chart. And the official video has 36m views, while the lyric video boasts an additional 14m. We’ll continue to watch this thing like a hawk—when we’re not napping, snacking or getting distracted by something shiny, that is.

It’s a strong start, to be sure. But how does "Calm Down" compare to "ME!" in its first week?

We’re projecting 20-23m audio streams on "Calm Down" for the week, compared to 26m first week for previous single “ME!”

First-week track sales on “Calm Down” project to 90-100k for the week, with the caveat that anyone preordering the album gets the track as an instant grat, and these are not counted for the chart. “ME!” did 182k in track sales in its first week.

HDD

So, including the videos, 35-40m streams in total? 

Edited by Hector

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JawBreaker

• State of Grace.

• By the Water

• Spencer Pratt

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately she ruined the era with releasing very weak lead single. Had this been released first, it would have debuted at #1 if for one week only. 

She's doing alright. :clap3:

Don't forget YNTCD was available for instant download when you preorder Lover too. :clap3:

I hope this doesn’t mean she only has ~20k pre-orders :psyduck:

This should’ve been a lead.

Oh wow this would be great.

hope she really sells 90k :'(

:eek:

The fact that people keep calling her a flop :toofunny2:  Poor everyone else who releases after her. Some people can't even reach number 1 on Itunes, she is selling 100k with a second song in a role and people are dragging her :deadbanana2: 

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Nein said:

She's doing alright. :clap3:

Don't forget YNTCD was available for instant download when you preorder Lover too. :clap3:

This.

This is a solid start and will pick up.  I think it would’ve made a much better lead, but ME! I guess did okay to reintroduce her to the public after her absence with rep.  

It’s definitely more of a statement and “moment” than ME! already.

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mariano said:

The fact that people keep calling her a flop :toofunny2:  Poor everyone else who releases after her. Some people can't even reach number 1 on Itunes, she is selling 100k with a second song in a role and people are dragging her :deadbanana2: 

People have been desperately trying to bring her down and create their own narrative that she’s not doing well.  :toofunny2: 

Is she the biggest female artist on the Republic label?

Even Ariana has no chance if she releases TUN/7 Rings during OTR's domination. YNTCD is doing better than my expectation :clap3:

GorgeousRep
23 minutes ago, Mariano said:

90-100k disregarding the pre order instant grat :toofunny3: Wonder how much higher this would've gone if it was the lead

22 minutes ago, Spencer Pratt said:

No, it's Ariana

35 minutes ago, Spencer Pratt said:

it's Ariana, Taylor is OVER :fan:

Damn, blocked twice by the same song :skull: That genuinely sucks 

45 minutes ago, By the Water said:

I hope this doesn’t mean she only has ~20k pre-orders :psyduck:

where did you get that from the article?? But I wouldn't doubt it tho. The singles aren't bringing in much hype.

11 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Damn, blocked twice by the same song :skull: That genuinely sucks 

She was never debuting at #2 with this song regardless so how exactly was she "blocked" twice? 

:doc:

2 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

where did you get that from the article?? But I wouldn't doubt it tho. The singles aren't bringing in much hype.

Well, kworb is predicting 75k but I'm not sure if that includes pre-orders but I do remember that HDD's predictions include them. Their prediction for RFI was that it would sell 250k but would lose 100k because of pre-orders. I think their final estimate for LWYMMD was 420k but it ended up doing 350k so they probably estimated that 100k pre-orders number based on that difference. I remember that kworb's numbers were closer to the final numbers than HDD's so if the 75k excludes pre-orders but the 95k doesn't, well... :cm:

I don't know if that would be that big of a deal though because those are only digital pre-orders and at this point physical album sales are bigger for her than digital. By the end of 2017 I think reputation had sold 1.9M pure with 1M being physical copies.

2 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Well, kworb is predicting 75k but I'm not sure if that includes pre-orders but I do remember that HDD's predictions include them. Their prediction for RFI was that it would sell 250k but would lose 100k because of pre-orders. I think their final estimate for LWYMMD was 420k but it ended up doing 350k so they probably estimated that 100k pre-orders number based on that difference. I remember that kworb's numbers were closer to the final numbers than HDD's so if the 75k excludes pre-orders but the 95k doesn't, well... :cm:

I don't know if that would be that big of a deal though because those are only digital pre-orders and at this point physical album sales are bigger for her than digital. By the end of 2017 I think reputation had sold 1.9M pure with 1M being physical copies.

oh wow thanks for the detailed break down. I guess maybe 1M debut is out of reach. Probably gonna do 600K

11 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

She was never debuting at #2 with this song regardless so how exactly was she "blocked" twice? 

:doc:

What do you mean? With these numbers she'll debut comfortably at #2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.