Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Jojo Siwa wants to make “timeless” music

51 posts in this topic

Small changes are already being made to help her grow up as needed; her stylist has started introducing touches of black to her wardrobe. JoJo’s taste is even shifting: she became obsessed with Queen and Freddie Mercury after seeing Bohemian Rhapsody last year. Since her first viewing, she has watched the film nine times.

“The thing with Freddie is that he was unapologetically himself,” she explains. The only non-JoJo Siwa decoration in her whole house is a vinyl copy of Queen’s Greatest Hits, which sits on the mantel above the second-floor fireplace.

“He was a gay immigrant,” she recites from her research. “He did not belong. Kids, when he was in school, called him Bucky because of his teeth. To me, he was perfect, and I would love him, and I would be his best friend if he was still here today. He was just himself, and no one else will ever be him, because he’s just such an icon.”

Since seeing BoRhap, as she refers to it, and meeting Elton John after one of his concerts last year, she’s become infatuated with the legendary artists. On her tour, she now performs a medley of Queen hits, ending at an ostentatious red-, white- and blue-striped piano for “We Are the Champions.” Her fandom has come with backlash: People complained about her vocal skills after she posted a video of herself singing “Radio Ga Ga” with decidedly less range than her hero. Siwa is on a mission to once again prove everyone wrong; her priority at the moment is music.

“Today’s music that is being released is not music. It’s not true music,” she complains. “There’s no instruments that are being played in it. People have phenomenal vocals, but it’s not true music. Music back in the Eighties, Seventies, and Nineties, they didn’t have the technology, so they had to do real music. And they were musicians. They were incredible.”

Not quite getting the irony of her own statement given most of Siwa’s music is candy-coated synth-pop with the sole purpose of being a kid-friendly version of “today’s music,” she adds that she wants to go into the “real music” direction. “I literally sleep with a piano on my bed,” she says, most likely referring to a smaller keyboard she was given for Christmas a couple years ago. “I do see myself going into more musical music that will be timeless.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/jojo-siwa-glitter-covered-empire-849071/

Teach the kids how clocks work queen 

“I literally sleep with a piano on my bed” :bibliahh:

Oh gosh. Hopefully she gets over the pretentious phase of “real music”.

but also tbh who is she? Like I know she’s a child YouTube star but as Bianca Del Rio says, what does she do successfully? Quickly.

1 hour ago, EyesOnMe said:

“Today’s music that is being released is not music. It’s not true music,” she complains. “There’s no instruments that are being played in it. People have phenomenal vocals, but it’s not true music. Music back in the Eighties, Seventies, and Nineties, they didn’t have the technology, so they had to do real music. And they were musicians. They were incredible.”

Not quite getting the irony of her own statement given most of Siwa’s music is candy-coated synth-pop with the sole purpose of being a kid-friendly version of “today’s music,” she adds that she wants to go into the “real music” direction. “I literally sleep with a piano on my bed,” she says, most likely referring to a smaller keyboard she was given for Christmas a couple years ago. “I do see myself going into more musical music that will be timeless.”

:skull:

This ATRL-esque music thesis. :toofunny3:

this entire article :ahh:

Serve the children those carcinogenic bops.  Poison them from the inside!

truly the new Gaga  :clap3: 

She better hurry up. Her main  rival just released her second single. 

The back to back shade. :ahh:

1 hour ago, EyesOnMe said:

Not quite getting the irony of her own statement given most of Siwa’s music is candy-coated synth-pop with the sole purpose of being a kid-friendly version of “today’s music,”

:dies:

I can't believe this is real :skull:

She has a lot of nerve... and forehead...

serving me in my room a couple years ago :dies: 

The way a successful sixteen year old gets so many of you all pressed for no reason. Since when is having inspirations at 16 years old such a bad thing? She'll grow up out of it eventually and find her own self and style of music but drag I guess. :skull:

OT: Rolling Stone interview is huge. :clap3:

Is this legit akdjdjd it reads like a Clickhole article

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

“I literally sleep with a piano on my bed” :bibliahh:

she says, most likely referring to a smaller keyboard she was given for Christmas a couple years ago.

hjefjkwebfjkwekjfew :bibliahh::bibliahh:

I can't believe what I read, is she fo reals? Or did someone do it for her? :bibliahh:

20 minutes ago, rzal said:

serving me in my room a couple years ago :dies: 

the way she's so into it is really sending me, I wanna cry blood tbh :bibliahh:

well, we all knew this was going to be an interesting development, but straight to FREDDIE MERCURY???

ma'am. 

She better hurry before her fans die of asbestosis.

Posted (edited)

Some of you are so mean. Yes she's a bit out there but then again she's only 16, let her dream a little :biblio:

So many bitter people in this thread :coffee2: