Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Will Trump become president again in 2020?

26 posts in this topic

I feel like Republicans are united in voting him again and Democrats are too busy dragging eachother, handing Donald another win. WYT?

9nKzT.gif

Probably.

Republicans are stupid.

On one hand worrying about the rights of immigrants, but avoiding the elephant in the room which is the loss of their manufacturing/mining/heavy-industry jobs and the roll-back of EPA rules. 

Tragically yes. Democrats are all too busy fighting each other like idiots and always wanna kiss the moderate Republicans asses when the Republicans would never kiss theirs.

I honestly don't think so but I wouldn't be surprised if he does

It all depends if young people stop being complacent and go out and vote

If people would actually get out and vote, he won't. Sadly, the turn out needs to be huge. His racist, homophobic base is ready to vote for him again.

It’s very unlikely. Polls have him underwater in places like Texas and Florida. He’s done nothing to expand his appeal. You don’t win elections by having a “base”. He only won by 76,000 votes over 3 states. He literally got lucky and has spent his entire presidency pissing people off. He wouldn’t even have won if we had a do-over election the next day. People were too assured that Hillary was going to win. They stayed home or voted for somebody else to “PrOtEsT” or whatever their reasons were. 

People hate the new tax law, well those who aren’t wealthy and benefiting from it. The tariffs are causing goods to become more expensive since American consumers, not China, are paying for them. 

And of course democrats are in-fighting right now. Everybody wants their candidate to get to the general. But there’s also a rift among republicans. Lots of prominent republicans have left the party due to Dump. His supporters are a vocal minority, not a silent majority. 

if Tulsi doesn't win the primary elections then yes, Trump will win and lead to a war with Iran

Trump remains behind in the key states that he barely won last time to win the electoral college and his team knows it. The infighting of the Democrats does concern me, but it seems unavoidable given the number of candidates we're fielding for the primaries. I feel we will do what we need to do in the end to take back the White House. 

He will if the Dems don't get out there and vote. There's way more registered Dems than Reps in the US and their lazy asses are the reason we lost last time. 

yes, he's going to get re-elected

by the thinnest of margins yes but it'll still be a victory for him, he's incredibly popular among republicans and all the Dems ive seen are just incapable of taking him down or hurting him

Posted (edited)

Likely especially if the Dem party keeps goofing off

I go back and forth and now I think he won't simply because he's not doing well in the three states that gave him the 270 electoral votes in 2016.

He will remain President of The United States not "become again"

Yeah he will sadly. I just hope the country can survive another 4 years

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

Yeah he will sadly. I just hope the country can survive another 4 years

America survived 4 years, it can survive 4 more. 

many people won't be that lucky tho

i think he will. republicans (in particular his base) are actual idiots :skull:

Yes. The only thing that can stop him is a new "Obama" that can fight fire with fire. But the Dems will try another "Trump is bad, we are good." and fail again.

If only the Disney president or Michelle Obama would run and Democrats would get their ***** together, it will have a high probability to take America from the horrific Republicans again

5 hours ago, Raster said:

yes, he's going to get re-elected

by the thinnest of margins yes but it'll still be a victory for him, he's incredibly popular among republicans and all the Dems ive seen are just incapable of taking him down or hurting him

Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris and Buttigieg are all beating him in matchups by varying degrees in places like Texas and Florida. 

5 hours ago, The Next Day said:

Yes. The only thing that can stop him is a new "Obama" that can fight fire with fire. But the Dems will try another "Trump is bad, we are good." and fail again.

See above. And also several democratic candidates are putting forth huge policy proposals, much like Clinton did but they’re not allowing those policies to take a backseat to attacking Dump, much like Clinton did. 

4 hours ago, Witnessuss said:

If only the Disney president or Michelle Obama would run and Democrats would get their ***** together, it will have a high probability to take America from the horrific Republicans again

The democratic base does not want a billionaire CEO. And Michelle Obama is well liked, that doesn’t mean anybody is going to vote for her. She’s got no public record and her only thing is eating healthy. Democrats actually do have their **** together, on the whole. Whether they’re running as moderates or progressives, they’ve all outlined a plan and are mostly sticking to their message with few flips. 

13 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Probably.

Republicans are stupid.

On one hand worrying about the rights of immigrants, but avoiding the elephant in the room which is the loss of their manufacturing/mining/heavy-industry jobs and the roll-back of EPA rules. 

Republicans are aware of that, believe me. But they blame that on globalism (which is actually partially true, to be fair).

13 hours ago, Chemist said:

I honestly don't think so but I wouldn't be surprised if he does

It all depends if young people stop being complacent and go out and vote

Well, it depends on which young people. Back in 2016 they polled high school students (most of which will be able to vote in 2020) on whether they preferred Trump or Hillary, and something crazy like 88% of the white boys said they preferred Trump. And about 65% of white girls and about 53% of Asian boys. All the other demographics preferred Hillary.

genzyklon.png

I found it!

Young people in general prefer Democrats, but it depends which demographics come out to vote. You could shoot yourself in the foot if you beg young people to come out to the vote and end up just getting a load of extra white boys voting for Trump.

maybe but only because repugs have jerryrigged the districts to ensure it

Absolutely.

- The economy is doing great which matters the most to the majority of Americans

- Democrats are too consumed in identity politics and are being pulled too far left

- Democrats back open borders and unlimited immigration which voters clearly do not want

- Democrats are still ignoring the things that matter to people in the Rust Belt which is why they lost 2016

- Democrats will probably elect Joe Biden who is as exciting as a bowl of pudding

- Loads of money in the Trump reelection campaign

- He's incumbent which always helps