Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Bigger Classics? Janet VS Bey

62 posts in this topic

Beyonce's songs are currently more remembered for their respective decades.

My friends and family don’t know any Janet song, so Bey by default.

Just now, Armani👑 said:

Beyonce's songs are currently more remembered for their respective decades.

People of Janet's age are aware of them too. Can't say the Same about the younger Gen with janet's songs though.  Gonna have to give this to Bey. :cm:

It’s Beyoncé obviously, idk why some people have a hard time digesting this stuff, might be the oLdEr iS bETTeR thing.

Tbh Beyoncé has a bigger and much more solid career than a lot of people that she felt influenced by or came before her.

Just now, Trent W said:

It’s Beyoncé obviously, idk why some people have a hard time digesting this stuff, might be the oLdEr iS bETTeR thing.

Tbh Beyoncé has a bigger and much more solid career than a lot of people that she felt influenced by or came before her.

She managed two successful careers.  200M solo, 70M with DC. Over a billion in tour gross.  22 years and still stomping.  If she was a man she would be a legend in everyone's eyes just off the slayage between 1999-2009.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

She managed two successful careers.  200M solo, 70M with DC. Over a billion in tour gross.  22 years and still stomping.  If she was a man she would be a legend in everyone's eyes just off the slayage between 1999-2009.

She became a legend since ST dropped, so yeah I think it’s undeniable at this point. 

She’s also the most awarded female artist all time and one of the most acclaimed.

And she’s not even 40 yet or showing any signs of slowing down, but I think that the fact that she’s still somewhat young is why people still question her status.

People don’t like to associate youth with legendary status.

4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

She became a legend since ST dropped, so yeah I think it’s undeniable at this point. 

She’s also the most awarded female artist all time and one of the most acclaimed.

And she’s not even 40 yet or showing any signs of slowing down, but I think that the fact that she’s still somewhat young is why people still question her status.

The Beatles, Michael Jackson and Britney Spears were considered legends before they turned 30, tho.

If I Were A Boy is a classic now? 

Beyonce.

Janet has zero classics.

1 minute ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

The Beatles, Michael Jackson and Britney Spears were considered legends before they turned 30, tho.

Nobody considers britney a legend :psyduck:

7 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I agree with this.

1 minute ago, perfillusion said:

If I Were A Boy is a classic now? 

Yes. Not so much in America.  But elsewhere it is.

1 minute ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

Nobody considers britney a legend :psyduck:

I agree with this.

Many, many people consider Britney a legend.

3 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Many, many people consider Britney a legend.

Ok :psyduck:

37 minutes ago, Trent W said:

35 minutes ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

30 minutes ago, Trent W said:

:clap3:

Janet has no classics?

Lmfaaooooooooo okay ATRetartdedL

46 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

Yes. Not so much in America.  But elsewhere it is.

Hmmm.. okay :rip:

I'm surprised this wasn't a Scotland thread

Anyway, Janet

The one with classics, Beyoncé.

Beyonce is legend with legendary classics 

janet is icon with iconic songs.

1 hour ago, Trent W said:

Um Janet was not even 30 by the time she slayed effortlessly with the triple trifecta Control,rhythm nation and Janet. Album eras lmfaoo. Not to mention we got th epic velvet rope and all for you eras before she turned 35

She was already a legend after the Janet album.  She had won MTV vanguard award, Grammys, broke records worldwide, successful breaking record tours, RN gave 7 top 5 consecutive hits, the rolling stones cover, etc etc etc and etc. 

Stop trying to always diminish Janet's ****ing achievements

Janet obvi

Janet doesn't have any classics so Beyonce by default.