Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Taylor dragged for elitist MV and Trailer Park Appropriation

69 posts in this topic

While tech billionaires mine our divisions for profit, Taylor Swift is playing house in a trailer park. That’s the irony of “You Need To Calm Down,” which belongs to the dark era of shrieking keyboard warfare it rebukes, despite a blindingly bright aesthetic.

To illustrate her LGBT pride anthem, Swift assembled the glitterati, casting them as the heroes of a utopian trailer park where her feud with Katy Perry ends, and ugly gay marriage protesters meet their match in a fabulous show of celebrity force. The set, of course, almost certainly cost more than what many people who make such places their home earn in a year. “Love letters only,” reads the side of one lily white mailbox in Swift World. (Where do the bills go?) 

Her creativity mysteriously lapsed when it came time to cast the protesters, who look like they should be playing banjos in “Deliverance”: toothless, badly dressed, holding misspelled signs. “Control your urges to scream about all the people you hate,” Swift demands. “Cause shade never made anybody less gay.”

It’s all grotesquely elitist when you consider that she’s mocking people with less money while appropriating a trailer park lifestyle for three minutes of breezy, colorful fun. (Support for same-sex marriage declines along with income and education level.) Are there a lot of crazy people who yell at Swift on the Internet? Some, sure. But she went with a very specific type. The message is basically, “We’re beautiful and right; You’re poor and dumb.” If that sounds reductive or based on caricatures that would never be tolerated if used against the left’s pet identity groups, watch the video again.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/06/18/taylor-swifts-need-calm-breathtakingly-elitist/

Truly her Witness era, #staystrong swifties :hug:

everyone loves to be outraged at Miss Swift  

"The Federalist" of course :dies:

appropriating a trailer park lifestyle

:priceless:

No one takes conservatives seriously lol

Trailer park appropriation? What's this nonsense? :rip: 

Controversial queen!

yas queen

:bibliahh:Not the federalist 

Not The Federalist? I thought conservatives didn't believe in appropriation. :dies: 

Trailer park appropriation??? U got to be kidding me :ahh:

Did ppl ran out of things to drag Taylor for or?? Like wtf is happening :dies:

I'm not even fan, this is dumb. :coffee2:

Where are the reviews from The Daily Wire and Breitbart????? 

LMAO @ "trailer park appropriation" :ahh: 

Swift haters siding with the altright?

What in the hell is trailer park appropriation? I don't even check for Taylor like that and I'm legit cackling. Are conservatives okay? 

tenor.gif

Trailer park appropriation :skull: i can’t

Posted (edited)

A good laugh:lmao: 

watch her haters agree with these ugly ass conservatives too (who shockingly believe in appropriation now?!) :dies:

This is probably the end of the road for a Taylor, looks like she got Ashley O’d. I would be so sad if I was a fan she puts out some really good music. It’s always a sad day when your “handlers” butcher your entire artistic history like that. The only thing missing from her video honestly was a sex scene with Lena Dunham, ugh that woulda been the cherry on top

The federalist seething because taylor is appropriating trailer park culture since all of their readers live in trailer parks while the people at the federalist continue to support politicians and policies that further the massive income division between classes. That author is truly a boo boo today 

1378187532_D0gfiVuWsAISkTM_jpglarge.6a78

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

A good laugh:lmao: 

wath her haters agree with these ugly ass conservatives too (who shockingly believe in appropriation now?!) :dies:

:bibliahh: