Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Bey, Sis What is u doing?

29 posts in this topic

Why didn't she do anything with this masterpiece? It could've been her 6th signature song. But nope. Her and her label did nothing.  Was it that hard to send a song to radio worldwide and upload to spotify?  Who tf is making decisions over there. Stans run around the internet all day talking about songs their faves let get away. But this is the definition of a lost hit.

edit: ''are''

The same reason she didn’t film a video for end of time I guess 

6 minutes ago, TaylorSwiftLover said:

Obviously.  Like u obviously tried to correct me for a few quotes. 

7 minutes ago, TaylorSwiftLover said:

Came to say this. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HANZ94 said:

She should be locked up for this.  But then again her videos wasn't a great as they are now. And it'll  probably would've been a let down back then.

Hold Up falls flat imo. It's a good song and one of the highlights on Lem, but everyone knows "6 Inch" was the missed opportunity. The song is epic. If her label were to release it to radio/YouTube it could have easily been another top 10 for her considering it's #18 peak without any of the treatment Hold Up had. Hold Up got enough exposure to at least snag a top 10 spot in the US but it failed to do so. 6 Inch would have done so much better.

2 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Hold Up falls flat imo. It's a good song and one of the highlights on Lem, but everyone knows "6 Inch" was the missed opportunity. The song is epic. If her label were to release it to radio/YouTube it could have easily been another top 10 for her considering it's #18 peak without any of the treatment Hold Up had. Hold Up got enough exposure to at least snag a top 10 spot in the US but it failed to do so. 6 Inch would have done so much better.

The potential lemonade had. 6 inch, Hold up, Sorry,  Formation, Daddy lessons  :jonny:

If it was meant to be a hit it would’ve been a hit. 

The worst song on the album

I think this song is well known in the US no? 

55 minutes ago, HANZ94 said:

:fish2: don’t remind us.

48 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Preach.

45 minutes ago, Maxxie said:

It was never released as a single and qualifies for platinum certification

Completely overrated song. The video is the only good thing about it. 6 Inch and Sorry deserved the single treatment/to be pushed 

1 hour ago, TaylorSwiftLover said:

56 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Came to say this. 

Y’all need to get out a little more or stop thinking that atrl is some class at an Ivy League

C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

Never heard this one

The sample or whatever irks me personally because I love the original so much, but I feel there were ~several~ missed opportunities this era

25 minutes ago, ordinarynam said:

I think this song is well known in the US no? 

It wasn't a single in the states. It was actually successful over seas tho :celestial5:

53 minutes ago, Maxxie said:

My bad, it is platinum, and certified a year before the album was even serviced to streaming 

7 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

It was never released as a single and qualifies for platinum certification

Didn't it sell like a million pure downloads? That's huge in 2016 even the biggest hits was only doing 2.5M

Hold Up is the worst song on the album with Sandcastles. 6 Inch >>>>

1 minute ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

Didn't it sell like a million pure downloads? That's huge in 2016 even the biggest hits was only doing 2.5M

Yeah, and peaked at #13 on the hot 100 as an album track unavailable on AM or Spotify. It could’ve been big 

8 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Y’all need to get out a little more or stop thinking that atrl is some class at an Ivy League

C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

:cm:

Just now, Lose My Breath said:

Yeah, and peaked at #13 on the hot 100 as an album track unavailable on AM or Spotify. It could’ve been big 

It peak at 11 in the UK despite the UK being mostly streaming driven :jonny5: imagine if Matty was at parkwood. Hold up would have been a top 3 hit around the world and number 1 in her main markets 

Isnt it the most selling track from the album