Drake: "'More Life' is not an album, it's a playlist"

JCON

Drake recently said during an interview that More Life is not an album but a playlist with Apple Music.

"It’s something I’m doing in conjunction with Apple,” said the 6 God. “Usually, in between albums, artists would do a mixtape but I’m doing a playlist with Apple. It’s sort of the same concept. It’s not an album but it is a body of work I’m creating, just to bridge the gap between my major releases, to keep people excited, give people new music, let people know I’m still hungry".

http://www.rap-up.com/2017/01/26/drake-talks-more-life-nba-awards-late-night-tv-goals/

"If You're Reading This, It's Too Late is a mixtape tea"

He already said it was a playlist before, but yeah it's definitely legitimately playlist-like this time and not debatable like IYRTITL/WATTBA being mixtapes.

He said it's a mix of songs from OVO Artists not just him, and the fact that it's probably streaming only further pushes it as a compilation/playlist.

1 minute ago, Verge of Obscene said:

What does that even mean tho?

He'll keep releasing songs under the More Life playlist until his next album. It's sound messy tho

3 minutes ago, JCON said:

He'll keep releasing songs under the More Life playlist until his next album. It's sound messy tho

It actually sounds smart. Watch artists copy this and he set a trend.  

Now that it's the streaming era, it makes even more of an idea to have a "playlist" you put scraps on to keep fans interested while creating the album. It's especially smart for rappers, since they do so well on streaming naturally and always release scraps/mixtapes.

7 minutes ago, Speezy said:

:skull: I'm expecting the album/playlist not be coehesive then... 

Better deliver that Rock/Alternative side Drake ! 

thats what im getting from this too. its his way of saying theres not really a theme. like most rihanna albums. no shade cause im a stan but rihanna gets a lot of criticism for her lack of cohesion on her albums. even though all 6 of her albums are amazing.

7 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Now that it's the streaming era, it makes even more of an idea to have a "playlist" you put scraps on to keep fans interested while creating the album. It's especially smart for rappers, since they do so well on streaming naturally and always release scraps/mixtapes.

6 minutes ago, Saint said:

He's literally said that already.

More Life will probably just take the place of how he's used Soundcloud in between era's which makes since 

this

14 minutes ago, iHype. said:

I opened a new thread for people discuss this. Don't know if the mods will allow it tho

• #FreeBritney Activist

Drake just serve quality.

I'm not even mad about Views lack of replay value

Learn your lesson now before it's too late.

I have faith in you. Don't mess it up

mariah-carey.jpg

• #FreeBritney Activist
10 minutes ago, Eóghan Scherzy said:

He became the epitome of quantity over quality.

Young money cash money taught ha

mariah-carey.jpg

Archived