HDD US YTD Albums Chart

Hector

YTD TOTAL ACTIVITY: IT'S GRANDE'S GAME

With more than 1.5m under her belt, Ariana Grande's thank u, next (Republic) is #1 in YTD activity. The set's the biggest streamer by a long shot. As for sales, though, Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper's A Star Is Born Interscope soundtrack—#4 overall—sees the highest number of YTD album sales (396k) and YTD song sales (1.2m).

Republic's Jonas Brothers, who debuted with 405k on last week's Top 50 Chart to score the biggest first-week number of the year so far, are currently climbing through the Top 15 on this YTD chart. They appeared here at #13 with 611k in YTD total activity, powered in large part by lead single "Sucker." Their numbers look like this: 357k YTD albums, 443k YTD songs, 284m YTD streams.

Two Interscope acts, Billie Eilish and Juice WRLD, both have two projects in the Top 20. Eilish's don't smile at me EP (Darkroom) is #19 with 476k YTD—one slot below Juice's Goodbye & Good Riddance (Grade A) at #18 with 492k.

The only country artist to make the Top 20 is River House/Columbia Nasvhille's Luke Combs, whose 580k YTD total earned him the #15 spot.

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_2042923577.png

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=316845&title=YTD-TOTAL-ACTIVITY%3A-IT'S-GRANDE'S-GAME

Boogie with 1.1 billion, wow.

Ari, Billie and Gaga :clap3:

ASIB having the lead in pure sales :clap3:

5 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

What is YTD? 

year to date 

2 minutes ago, moonlight! said:

year to date 

So how did Ariana only moved 800k songs? Is it pure sales only? 

Pull through Taylor :jonny5:

8 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

yea, it's just pure i think

6 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

That’s a lot for this conversion sis

No it’s not pure

34 minutes ago, Hector said:

Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper's A Star Is Born Interscope soundtrack—#4 overall—sees the highest number of YTD album sales (396k) and YTD song sales (1.2m).

Wow. :clap3: 

2 minutes ago, wxvii said:

No it’s not pure

But.... 

If it's not pure sales only, you are telling me 7R and TUN are not even platinum, right? Cause 800k for the two songs together is extremely low. 

I don't get it. 

4 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

But.... 

If it's not pure sales only, you are telling me 7R and TUN are not even platinum, right? Cause 800k for the two songs together is extremely low. 

I don't get it. 

No I’m saying if it isn’t pure they’re just cannibalizing the overall sales to fit the album’s SPS. Idk how the conversions work, and again I’m not 100% positive, but I’m assuming this is what the total of the three singles came out to be when they converted it into album SPS.

Edited by wxvii

7 minutes ago, wxvii said:

No it’s not pure

It seems to be 800k pure sales for the single judging the other artists.

5 minutes ago, wxvii said:

No I’m saying if it isn’t pure they’re just cannibalizing the overall sales to fit the album’s SPS. Idk how the conversions work, and again I’m not 100% positive, but I’m assuming this is what the total of the three singles came out to be when they converted it into album SPS.

I don't think this is the translation to album sales at all. Look at ASIB, there's no way Shallow alone is the equivalent of 1.2m album sales. 

I'm now positive this number is just how much singles each artist sold. 

28 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

20 minutes ago, moonlight! said:

yea, it's just pure i think

8 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

I don't think this is the translation to album sales at all. Look at ASIB, there's no way Shallow alone is the equivalent of 1.2m album sales. 

I'm now positive this number is just how much singles each artist sold. 

9 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

It seems to be 800k pure sales for the single judging the other artists.

Yeah I just did the math, it is pure. If the conversion # for album streams is 1500 that’s ~1.12M units + the 226k from the album sales so that’s like 1.4M which isn’t the 1.5M HDD is saying but still close enough so it’s reasonable. Not sure why they included the Pure sales for singles on this YTD Chart for albums but whatevs. Sorry for the misinformation! :heart2:

Edited by wxvii

Pure sales are a joke in 2019 but the fact that A Boogie only did 7k YTD is absolutely sending me :bibliahh:

Also WHEW, Ariana :jonny5:

Gaga having the best selling 2018 release. :clap3:

Wow these rappers really can’t sell any albums lol. The fact that only streaming can get them to almost platinum..

The fact pure sales is where the money's at. Streaming means less returns. :clap3:To Gaga and the new girl Billie slaying pure sales.

Edited by L.B GAGA

12 hours ago, L.B GAGA said:

The fact pure sales is where the money's at. Streaming means less returns. :clap3:To Gaga and the new girl Billie slaying pure sales.

Consumption is based on how much the music has earned. Those pure sales you speak of aren’t as profitable as Ariana’s streams or else Billie and Gaga would be above Ariana and that clearly isn’t the case.

12 hours ago, wxvii said:

Yeah I just did the math, it is pure. If the conversion # for album streams is 1500 that’s ~1.12M units + the 226k from the album sales so that’s like 1.4M which isn’t the 1.5M HDD is saying but still close enough so it’s reasonable. Not sure why they included the Pure sales for singles on this YTD Chart for albums but whatevs. Sorry for the misinformation! :heart2:

Sis, huh? The charts consists of:

- Pure album sales

- TEAs (digital single sales divided by 10)

- SEAs (On-Demand streams divided by 1,500)

Of course they’re going to include pure sales for digital singles - they have a big affect on the overall charts.

55 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Consumption is based on how much the music has earned. Those pure sales you speak of aren’t as profitable as Ariana’s streams or else Billie and Gaga would be above Ariana and that clearly isn’t the case.

Sis, huh? The charts consists of:

- Pure album sales

- TEAs (digital single sales divided by 10)

- SEAs (On-Demand streams divided by 1,500)

Of course they’re going to include pure sales for digital singles - they have a big affect on the overall charts.

Wait so the 800k from the song pure sales is an extra 80k to the overall album SPS? Makes sense thanks x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.