Taylor breaks Apple Music record

thinking

Her power :jonny4: If only we had one more 1 million units first week again :jonny:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thinking

• mcohen

• KillingYourCareer

• GorgeousRep

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, moonlight! said:

Still won't surprass Billie's first week streaming numbers :toofunny3:

Oh wow poor Taylor for not surpassing with her seventh record a new girl in her first. Poor Taylor for never opening with more than 300k album sales like Billie did right? Taylor might so sad right now. Poor thing

Wow, but ATRL told me that she was fading and how this is her "Witness" era. Interesting.

46 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

if you say so :cm: 

nay sayers have been saying this literally since before red came out and yet she has done it time and time again. She isn't an artist who needs to depend on the GP to push her album debut. Her fanbase are the ones who get her the 1mill+ debuts and they will do it again. Her fans will go out and buy all four editions of the albums + the digital editions. She WILL debut with massive numbers again because her fans will make it happen. She only needs to GP to serve longevity on the charts like 1989 did. I still don't understand how people don't understand this already, until she loses her connection to the fanbase, she will debut will 1mill+

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

that's...nice i guess. hopefully the huge numbers show up where it counts, on the BB200

We all know she SELLS anyway, these pre-order numbers are just the icing.

9 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

We all know she SELLS anyway, these pre-order numbers are just the icing.

These aren't pre-orders numbers :dies:

3 minutes ago, mcohen said:

These aren't pre-orders numbers :dies:

Pre-save, whatever they are, I'm pushing 30 I don't know these young terms :sorry:

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

Pre-save, whatever they are, I'm pushing 30 I don't know these young terms :sorry:

Yeah but these aren't sales. They are streaming saves 

1 minute ago, mcohen said:

They're SPS then

1 minute ago, mcohen said:

So all this commotion over this? People fighting over this? Mess :lipton:

3 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

They're SPS then

It's basically pre-orders but for streaming. 

2 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

It's pretty impressive that she surpassed the previous record holder (Ariana) 

Considering Taylor is on her seventh album, 13 years into her career, new to streaming, a lot of people said she was "over" and claimed she hadn't properly adapted to streaming either. She also did it without a huge smash hit. 

Edited by mcohen

12 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

This is really good, though? :rip: 

Edited by thinking

28 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

nay sayers have been saying this literally since before red came out and yet she has done it time and time again. She isn't an artist who needs to depend on the GP to push her album debut. Her fanbase are the ones who get her the 1mill+ debuts and they will do it again. Her fans will go out and buy all four editions of the albums + the digital editions. She WILL debut with massive numbers again because her fans will make it happen. She only needs to GP to serve longevity on the charts like 1989 did. I still don't understand how people don't understand this already, until she loses her connection to the fanbase, she will debut will 1mill+

I'm literally a Taylor stan. Album sales are going down. ME! is literally fighting to stay in top 20 of iTunes and its only been a month and a half. So for right now its best for me to lower down my expectation than be delusional about it and look like boo boo the fool when it doesn't do 1M+.  Swifties can keep bringing up the fact that she doesn't rely on singles success to translate in album sales. Which is 100% true. But even those eras moved 15M+ pure sales from singles except Reputation which didn't even move 5M pure. And its not like she's smashing on streaming services where we can get a huge boost. We just have to be more realistic about it. She just has to play her cards right this era but so far it's not looking promising. 

53 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Wow, but ATRL told me that she was fading and how this is her "Witness" era. Interesting.

Even when Taylor apparently "flops", she still outdoes most of ATRL's faves. People here are just deprived of logic sometimes! :clown:

GorgeousRep
12 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

I'm literally a Taylor stan. Album sales are going down. ME! is literally fighting to stay in top 20 of iTunes and its only been a month and a half. So for right now its best for me to lower down my expectation than be delusional about it and look like boo boo the fool when it doesn't do 1M+.  Swifties can keep bringing up the fact that she doesn't rely on singles success to translate in album sales. Which is 100% true. But even those eras moved 15M+ pure sales from singles except Reputation which didn't even move 5M pure. And its not like she's smashing on streaming services where we can get a huge boost. We just have to be more realistic about it. She just has to play her cards right this era but so far it's not looking promising. 

iTunes was only around 400k, most of it was physicals and as you can see thats what Republic is pushing the most.

54 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

They're SPS then

Girl, get it together. 

you go Taylor Coco :jonny5:

Even if I don't like the singles so far, I'm glad she's doing amazing even in her "flop" era :alexz2:

2 hours ago, Gorgeous said:

Right? When new tracks are added they never show up on my library. 

For me its works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

It seems that tracks usually appear overnight, so its fine when I wake up, but they never appear at midnight when I decide to stay up to listen to the song as soon as its on the service. Hopefully apple fixes that in IOS 13.

In her flop era.....!!!!!

No Taylord no broken records

now back to streaming the summer smash hits Me! and You Need to Calm Down 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.