Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

How to deal with fave flopping?

60 posts in this topic

Any tips? I'm asking for a friend :celestial5:

Let me just go ask the Barbz

Stop caring about that sh*t. 

What’s important is good music

Good question. I'm 21 now and as i grew older, i distanced myself from all the charts and sales conversations and now mostly focus on the music itself. I'm still happy when my faves find success, but the world doesn't end when they flop.
But honestly i believe that it's part of growing up to identify with your faves and be involved in how they're doing.

stop thinking about it and get preoccupied by streaming 24/7 :cm:

There is no way to deal with it. It always stays with you and haunts u for life 👻

Just go outside.

what is there to deal with... no one cares

It's easier to deal with your fave flopping if you like the new music. If your fave is flopping with the music you don't like it's really depressing. You have nothing to get throught the floppage.

You jump ship and become an obsessive hater

Don't care about the charts. If you like the song, listen to it. If not then oh well find something else to listen and let it pass. The end.

Just accept it. Everyone wants the people and things you love to do well, but it doesn't always happen. There is nothing you can do about it. You just have to like what you like and not care what anyone else thinks about it. 

Well I usually unintentionally start stanning artists when they aren't at a commercial peak, Idk why. I didn't even think of them as "flopping" before I joined this site, that term wasn't known to me. Now I do notice when they're flopping, but since I've been with many of them at their lowest moments in their careers, I'm relaxed about it. Best example for me is Lady Gaga. I've started stanning her when ARTPOP (her "darkest" years career-wise yet) was released and been with her ever since, so I experienced all the years she's been deemed a flop and, most importantly, saw her working her way up to the top again. Watching her from crying at the Youtube Awards to winning an Oscar was an experience that gave me a lot of strength too. I guess it's similiar with other artists. If you truly enjoy the artist and not the success, you will learn to cope with dissapointments, commercially and artistically. The bond you have with them is stronger than that.

Cry a lot.

20 minutes ago, Halcyon Nights said:

Stop caring about that sh*t. 

What’s important is good music

Exactly.

Posted (edited)

Stan for the right reasons and don't be invested in the superiority/inferiority narrative.

I have tracked chart performance and made predictions during the TD era. It's ok to track success hoping the girl to grow to become established. Once she got there, the necessity of worrying about success went away and be amazed by how many countries are supporting Katy beyond the 10 year maximum time span pop America can have with any artist/genre.

Not everyone can circumvent that 10 years American limit by having enough overseas countries that can replace the lost US market and maintain their big star status, keep the girl thinking like a big star,... and in the long run re-invade the US. Once the psychological death of a pop star has set in, there is no going back.

It's also nice to see her friends, allies and daughters controlling pop music. Just like how her English ancestors anglicized the world.

why did you started stanning that artist in the first place? yeah, exactly.

Whether they're flopping or smashing your life stays exactly the same and so does your bank account so who cares? Enjoy the music. And if you don't, find new music from someone else and wait until your fave releases another album you'll hopefully like better.

Con calma. Don't think of it 24/7, 365. Just believe that it is never really over. Your fave can still get a hit, sooner or later. 

Umm not care? Why the f*ck would I care about some dumb rich bitch flopping. :lmao:

Start stanning the new it-girls. 

Just now, Reb'l Rêveur said:

Con calma. Don't think of it 24/7, 365. Just believe that it is never really over. Your fave can still get a hit, sooner or later. 

All bops tbh 

I used to care when I started to come on these online forums for pop fans, simply because everyone was having some wars with others and you had to "prove" that your fave is better/bigger, which is kind of pathetic.

Just enjoy what you like. Sales/awards/money that artists win won't change anything to your life. People that keep mentionning these all the time are showing insecurity and still did not understand that it is not important.

16 minutes ago, Reb'l Rêveur said: