Thread Title Etiquette Read more... ×
July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

Taylor Swift - 'Lover'

Topic will be automatically locked at 12:00 AM

6,942 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gorgeous said:

She said that there would be sad songs

The only thing that’s sad is our emotion over the first 2 singles she’s released so far. A choice. :rip: As a fan since 2008, I can’t even justify the atrocities she’s released. They have cute sentiments behind them, but they are devoid of lyrics and melody. Thank you JOEL LITTLE. 🖕

1 minute ago, Buffy said:

The only thing that’s sad is our emotion over the first 2 singles she’s released so far. A choice. :rip: As a fan since 2008, I can’t even justify the atrocities she’s released. They have cute sentiments behind them, but they are devoid of lyrics and melody. Thank you JOEL LITTLE. 🖕

I hate the singles this era, this is the first Taylor Swift album I'm unexcited for 

Speak Now is still her magnum opus and Top 3 pop girl albums of this generation but we're not getting another one and that's okay x

call me delusional but i still have hope that lover will be a great album and a fan favorite despite the two tragic singles. still, the fact that she's released two of the worst songs of her career in a row is quite impressive. we never know what to expect from her. maybe she'll surprise us!

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

i'm more excited for Norman ****ing Rockwell than this

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

it's not that MEh! is terrible, it's that You Need to Calm Down is average when her second singles are always a serve what worries me

The next single needs to be an absolute banger, otherwise, this era is doomed commercially. Singles do not do well post-album release anymore.

She'll probably have incredible tracks on the record that will be released as singles and get an awful peak like Delicate even though they will connect much more than the first 2 singles.

15 minutes ago, Nexto said:

call me delusional but i still have hope that lover will be a great album and a fan favorite despite the two tragic singles. still, the fact that she's released two of the worst songs of her career in a row is quite impressive. we never know what to expect from her. maybe she'll surprise us!

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

I wish she wasn’t being so gimmicky with her single releases. Just release quality geez...

24 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Girl blame Taylor for the lyrics and melody. She's the one who comes up with the majority of it, if not all.

The meltdowns.. over nothing???

YNTCD is catchy af and it's actually pleasant listening to it (can't say the same to ME! though) and it's holding up well on the charts

Yeah we ain't getting another Speak Now / RED kinda of excellent lyrics, but I'm pretty sure there are great songs on Lover. It's Taylor Swift after all she knows how to write good songs.

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

So when is She gonna start getting us hyped for Over? Where are the worthless promo sings? I need Her to restore even the tiniest bit of faith in this era. 

So was that reddit insider proven legitimate or fake?

She delayed the promo single for a panned Cats movie thats probably going to get her nominated for a razzie

kqVcJb9_d.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Habibro said:

So was that reddit insider proven legitimate or fake?

neither. the tea was very generic so we’ll see what happens 

13 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

neither. the tea was very generic so we’ll see what happens 

What was the generic tea?

Y'all do too much on YNTCD. Yes it's not one of her greatest singles but at least it served a great MV and it's doing something on the charts.

ME! was a complete stain on her discography both critically and comercially, we can't sugar coat it.

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

I used to be so excited for her new music. Now I’m scared to listen to it.

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

You guys are so harsh on Calm Down, the verses and prechoruses are godly :jonny:

23 minutes ago, Poxy said:

I used to be so excited for her new music. Now I’m scared to listen to it.

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

Same. I used to be ready for her to save the music industry and show how it’s done. Now I’m just scared to be embarrassed as boo boo the fool.

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

All the effort we put into decoding this ****... only so the music could sound embarrassing

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

Just now, Burqa said:

All the effort we put into decoding this ****... only so the music could sound embarrassing

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

The music matches the photoshop skills :toofunny2:

Advanced issues found

22 minutes ago, Burqa said:

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

We've come so far

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

Taylor swift comes up with some the best lines ever she is imaginative in that way however she can also write some of the most cringeworthy lyrics ever she is unreliable. I do think lorde as a whole is the better songwriter and kacey musgraves and kelsea ballerini too are great songwriters .

You need to calm down ****ing sucks.

Somehow Loser manages to top Reputa for the LEAST eventful era of Her career, I can't take it! :clap3: