Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Adam Lambert on Lady Gaga (Forbes, June 2019)

6 posts in this topic

Adam Lambert cites several artists who inspired him, including Queen, Bowie and Gaga.

Lady Gaga (Age 27 )

I was on American Idol in 2009, that was the same year she was really popping. And I remember meeting her briefly backstage at Idol cause she was performing as a guest that week. Just a quick hello in passing, then watching her performance. And from then on out watching her trajectory as a fan and fellow artist and a lot of the risks she was taking and exploring in her pop music, to me, resonated so deeply cause she's got a theater background, she's also a lover of the classics and it helped me explain to people in the music industry what I was trying to do. And not to say I want to do what she is doing, but they see that, see how there is something specific being referenced, how she is making a theatrical statement with it, that's what I've always wanted to do as well. So it just helped me understand there was a world for that and there was an audience for that and it was inspiring to watch her do it.  I would say the "Bad Romance" music video was a highlight for me, particularly because right after she was done filming it, before the video came out, I worked with her in the studio for a day on a song that was on my first album that she wrote. Just getting to work with her in the studio and getting to know her was very rewarding. She was wearing one of the fashion pieces from the video, she wore it to the session (laughs). I thought that was great. She is a contemporary artist I am very inspired by that definitely makes me feel more confident in taking the types of risks that I like to take.

I would say the "Bad Romance" music video was a highlight for me, particularly because right after she was done filming it, before the video came out, I worked with her in the studio for a day on a song that was on my first album that she wrote. Just getting to work with her in the studio and getting to know her was very rewarding. She was wearing one of the fashion pieces from the video, she wore it to the session (laughs).

- imagine being there to witness Gaga after the video shoot of Bad Romance aka one of the best, most iconic and impactful music videos of all time :jonny5:

I knew it :clap3:

She has impacted so many artists, glad Adam is able to admit it unlike some others :clap3:

She's one of the most influential artists ever in music :clap3: