Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Ariana donates $300k to Planned Parenthood

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ariana Grande Donates Proceeds From Georgia Concert To Planned Parenthood

czO6Jqb.jpg1kr6UK0.jpg

Ariana Grande has donated proceeds of her June 8, sold-out Atlanta concert performance to Planned Parenthood -- TMZ has learned -- and we're told the org will get $300,000. It’s a significant move because Georgia is one of the states that passed the “fetal heartbeat” abortion law. The new restrictions have triggered a call for a boycott of the Peach State, and some entertainment companies have already pulled the plug on production. As for Ariana ... her decision to donate profits will clearly be on the minds of other performers who take the stage in GA. X

“Ariana Grande’s generous donation comes at a critical time — in Georgia and across the country, anti-women’s health politicians are trying to ban all safe, legal abortion,” said Planned Parenthood Action Fund President Dr. Leana Wen in a statement to HuffPost. “This is not what the American people want, nor is it something they’ll stand for. Thanks to inspiring support like hers, Planned Parenthood can continue to fight back — in the courts, in Congress, in state houses, and in the streets — against these dangerous attacks on people’s health and lives. We are so grateful to Ariana for her longstanding commitment to supporting women’s rights and standing with Planned Parenthood to defend access to reproductive health care. We won’t stop fighting — no matter what.” X

She is NOT playing

I usually hate on her but this is a great move. Glad she’s using her position to raise awareness and make a statement 

Posted (edited)

I hope she will cover this iconic, inspirational song as well. Production fits right into thank u, next.

Whoops. I stan this:clap3:

People are starving sis :rip:

I don't know a better person :clap3:

8 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

And? She’s supported/donated to homeless LGBT organizations like Miley’s for years now as well...

8 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Then you go donate to that cause.

Queen being a Queen. :clap3:

but wow what a moment

an angel on earth!!

Oh wow :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Witch Privilege said:

Then you go donate to that cause.

Sorry I'm not a multimillionaire donating to the cause that's trendiest at the time :cm:

My fave putting her money where her mouth is :clap3:

23 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

and? people literally die because of back alley abortions (which is what this georgia law is gonna force women to do.) you clearly dont understand how serious this issue is :rip:

6 minutes ago, Judas Bertha said:

and? people literally die because of back alley abortions (which is what this georgia law is gonna force women to do.) you clearly dont understand how serious this issue is :rip:

clock that dumb ho :clap3:

35 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

such as the children of low-income mothers who were denied abortion due to access issues and/or restrictive laws, and are then trapped in a cycle of poverty in a country that has systematically slashed its social safety net to further punish poor and/or nonwhite people?

anyway

microwave them ari :ahh: :clap3: 

Beautiful inside and out :smitten:

44 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

I’m sure you’ve got bigger things to worry about, its_britney_bitch 

16 minutes ago, Haus said:

such as the children of low-income mothers who were denied abortion due to access issues and/or restrictive laws, and are then trapped in a cycle of poverty in a country that has systematically slashed its social safety net to further punish poor and/or nonwhite people?

anyway

microwave them ari :ahh: :clap3: 

Drag it :clap3:

This is great :clap3: