Jump to content
Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chinese smartphone makers start testing Huawei's upcoming OS

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

There are other OS's that support Android apps and are faster with less fragmentation (like Sailfish). Android's issue has always been OEM bloat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be a **** OS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're gonna need luck. A lot of luck. It will much likely end up like Samsungs Tizen or Microsofts Windows Phone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Villanelle said:

They're gonna need luck. A lot of luck. It will much likely end up like Samsungs Tizen or Microsofts Windows Phone.  

Don't forget Firefox OS and Ubuntu. :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Don't forget Firefox OS and Ubuntu. :rip:

Yeah but tizen and w phone are the most comparable since they were made by huge companies and had a lot od push and still failed which is prob going to be the case with huawei's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they manage to pull off an OS as good as Android, then it's going to be a competition Android won't like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Yeah but tizen and w phone are the most comparable since they were made by huge companies and had a lot od push and still failed which is prob going to be the case with huawei's. 

That's very true. Also, is Amazon's OS still a thing? Or was that always just Android?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, arkl said:

If they manage to pull off an OS as good as Android, then it's going to be a competition Android won't like. 

LMAO. You think global smartphone OEMs will adopt a Chinese government backed OS? I have to laugh. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

They're gonna need luck. A lot of luck. It will much likely end up like Samsungs Tizen or Microsofts Windows Phone.  

 

28 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Don't forget Firefox OS and Ubuntu. :rip:

I don't know why but I have strong feeling that they will succeed it. Unlike Tizen, Windows etc. they will have support from their own people (China itself have 1B+ population) and rumors say that Android apps can be used on the OS. If it is widely accepted in the China the, I can see the trend will spread to another markets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coklek92 said:

 

I don't know why but I have strong feeling that they will succeed it. Unlike Tizen, Windows etc. they will have support from their own people (China itself have 1B+ population) and rumors say that Android apps can be used on the OS. If it is widely accepted in the China the, I can see the trend will spread to another markets

It's tricky. I think that Huawei will eventually just build a shell company with a new name to get their license back.

 

Huawei is in the pocket of the Chinese government, though. So it's very possible that they will succeed with that kind of backing. The question is how opaque the endeavor will be. If they remain as opaque as they have been and as shady as they have been, the rest of the world might not tolerate it.

 

Granted, I was shocked that Germany was pushing Huawei devices so hard given how we have some of the most restrictive laws in terms of data protection and privacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, liberalmusiclover said:

LMAO. You think global smartphone OEMs will adopt a Chinese government backed OS? I have to laugh. :laugh:

People in my country have huge sentiment against the China but we all admit that their power is no joke. China have really impressive progress in technology since years only idiot will underestimate them. Even the USA see them as huge threat nowadays :celestial5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

That's very true. Also, is Amazon's OS still a thing? Or was that always just Android?

I think that was an Android fork and it is discontinued. 

 

2 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

 

I don't know why but I have strong feeling that they will succeed it. Unlike Tizen, Windows etc. they will have support from their own people (China itself have 1B+ population) and rumors say that Android apps can be used on the OS. If it is widely accepted in the China the, I can see the trend will spread to another markets

Well, it can succeed in China, of course. I can totally see China pushing the OS and axing the competition like they usually do (for ex. google -baidu). But on a global scale? Nah. And the android apps support may happen but maintaining the app support will be a pain in the neck and many apps will prob just not work or not work properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

It's tricky. I think that Huawei will eventually just build a shell company with a new name to get their license back.

 

Huawei is in the pocket of the Chinese government, though. So it's very possible that they will succeed with that kind of backing. The question is how opaque the endeavor will be. If they remain as opaque as they have been and as shady as they have been, the rest of the world might not tolerate it.

 

Granted, I was shocked that Germany was pushing Huawei devices so hard given how we have some of the most restrictive laws in terms of data protection and privacy.

I heard that Germany have done some works to find the truth about Huawei's controversy yet they found that the USA government are the one who spying them :dies:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

I heard that Germany have done some works to find the truth about Huawei's controversy yet they found that the USA government are the one who spying them :dies:

 

 

Yup, the that was a big scandal here. It was very embarrassing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lemme predict... a pirated android that can run android apps?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's over for y'all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, liberalmusiclover said:

LMAO. You think global smartphone OEMs will adopt a Chinese government backed OS? I have to laugh. :laugh:

Not global but it wouldn't be far fetched if China pushes for the new O/S to be implemented for the majority of China produced phones. I mean Huawei doesn't have much of a choice now. But scale it down to the East region, Samsung vs. Oppo, Huawei, Vivo, that's a considerable competition right there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad Tizen never got a chance. From what I've seen on yt it runs pretty smooth on a low-end device. So I can only imagine how it would work on a flagship phone. Samsung could try these days to pull "limited" edition S line with some special color and Tizen to test the waters...

 

Huawei just started to push their phones aggressively and raised their prices so they will have to lower them again (which I doubt they will), otherwise they will flop outside Asia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, truthteller said:

lemme predict... a pirated android that can run android apps?

 

Not sure but Huawei have been working on this new OS for six years and they have predicted the ban will come to bite them. I think they have made the preparations to face this situation and we all know that Google are not happy with Trump's decision because it will end the good relationship between them and the Chinese company makes it harder for Google to keep their dominance in smartphone industry. Even Huawei stated that the ban kind of a relief to the company since they are not tying anymore with Google and can go full strike with their ecosystem and technology. That's what Google afraid the most

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chinese quality will always be the same, cheap and trash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well good luck to them :mandown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0