Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Gaga “born to perform,” says Billboard

26 posts in this topic

2018 and the first half of 2019 may have been all about “Shallow” and A Star Is Born, but this year's second act marks a welcome return of sorts for Lady Gaga -- and her latest round of gigs in Las Vegas proved it.

Vegas may be the only place where the pantless Gaga of Rivington Street days past and the Oscar-touting Gaga of the present can inhabit the same ferociously talented being at the same time -- or at least it's where she has the most fun embracing every shade of her(selves).

This is crystal clear now that A Star Is Born is in the rearview mirror. The first week of June marked Gaga’s return to Vegas for her first run of shows since her awards-season winning streak, and with it comes an acute awareness of the additional space the accolades provide for her to take her art and message far and wide without having to travel the world.

She’s relishing in playing whatever she wants, however she wants, on a grand or small scale of her choosing: she’ll sing “Shallow” for you, sure, but she’ll also wail the chorus of “Paparazzi” while careening above the crowd in an egg-shaped wire cage with smoke billowing out the bottom one night, and bring out Tony Bennett to reprise their “Cheek to Cheek” duet in sassy, brassy vintage glory the next.

She's taken to popping up after her own shows at the residency of Brian Newman, her longtime friend and trumpet player in her Jazz & Piano band, who's taken over the neighboring NoMad's library bar. Like those who come to see her, Gaga goes to Vegas with the intent of maximalizing her experience -- she just gets standing ovations, usually many a night, for doing so.

not a single lie spotted.

a LeGend. :jonny5:

Posted (edited)

Best performer that debuted in the 2000's tbh. :clap3:

an i was born to post this on atrl and realize my life is meaningless it seems.................................................................................................................... 

An excellent performer :clap3:

Gaga legend

I’m so happy for her. I’m glad she’s thriving in Vegas. Doing pop and jazz shows was a genius idea. 

14 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

ok.

ok madonnas boyfriend

best female LIVE performer EVER  :clap3:

She’s a very good performer. No one can deny that. After Beyoncé, her and Pink are always fighting for second best... a mile away ofc! 

8 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

She’s a very good performer. No one can deny that. After Beyoncé, her and Pink are always fighting for second best... a mile away ofc! 

Gaga is better than Beyoncé in some forms of performing.  Like the piano. I don’t think I’ve seen Beyoncé touch a piano before, while Gaga can go ****ing crazy on one and sing her heart out at the same time. 

Now of course, Beyoncé could most likely out sing Gaga and 100% can out dance her. But Gaga has her own quirks that at times out do Beyoncé.  

12 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Beyoncé

Ehhh lol

Weird how they're just now reviewing her residency when she's been there for a while now.. interesting..

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Judas Bertha said:

best female LIVE performer EVER  :clap3:

ok judas.

They didn't lie!

27 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Kind of a backhanded compliment but those 3 are definitely stunning performers :clap3:

OT: Billboard didn’t lie, Gaga’s versatility is amazing :clap3: 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

But Gaga never lipped, like ever...so that makes her the best.

46 minutes ago, xtina1 said:

Weird how they're just now reviewing her residency when she's been there for a while now.. interesting..

Well not everyone is dedicated to Gaga as you are after all :mandown:

We been knew. :worship2: 

4 hours ago, xtina1 said:

Crazy psycho :ahh:

I don't agree. 

I think that she is not a great performer and her enigma show shows that. 

5 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Beyonce can’t do what Gaga can, ever, which means she can’t be better by default :lmao: 

10 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

I don't agree. 

Keep coming in every Gaga thread to spew your BS, just don’t cry later when monsters return the favor. 

OT: we been knew.

2 hours ago, OmegaRidley said:

I don't agree. 

you know what F*CK YOU.

You no-life-having piece of sh*t motherf*cker

chasing EVERY Gaga thread like the worthless RAT that you are with your try hard a*ss comments.