Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Hong Kong Free Citizens DEFEAT China !!!!

98 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

China already breaking promises made to the UK & Hong Kong with the help of the puppet government they imposed during the umbrella revolution.

Update 1

HONG KONG FIGHTS BACK:

The puppet president and her corrupt government have gone AWOL

Update 2

VICTORY

The bill has been "postponed"

Now 2 Million Hing Kong resident went in the street asking for China's Puppet Government to resign. They have lost all confidence on their "leadership"

webp.net-resizeimage%20(75).jpg

Get them kings :jonny4: Show them who daddy is :jonny4:

Not to sound stupid but I thought kong Kong was a city in China. 

China being disgusting as per usual. First they want to completely and utterly annex Hong Kong, then Taiwan will be next.

I'm currently living in Taiwan and it's sad to see that this, the only true democracy in all of Asia, is not receiving the support it needs from the international community. China's got it's neck on every country's throats. :shakeno: 

And @Miss Korea that comment is tacky and gross. The erasure of democracy and freedom isn't a joke.

2 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

Then why be stupid and say that? Lol. The answers are but a google away...

2 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

Wait...it’s not? Whelp, lemme humble myself.

5 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

Wait

7 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

3 minutes ago, Olpsy said:

1 minute ago, vamp said:

Wait

yes it is but we have our own government bc we are a "special administrative region" aka we are autonomous except for military and foreign affairs

3 minutes ago, Olpsy said:

1 minute ago, vamp said:

Wait

tumblr_nln9muL3AZ1rnz1gso4_r1_540.gif

5 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

1 minute ago, Olpsy said:

It was a British coliny that they gave back to China in the late 90s under the agreement that for 50 years, China would respect a 1 coutry 2 political system policy. China was not to undermine the democratic freedom of Hong Kong for at least 50 years. But since the 200s, China has been eroding the political independance of the country (by forcibly limiting who could run for office) and now, they are attacking the free judiciary.

The Hong Kong courts would basically become an arm of the Communist Party of China.

The racist yellow peril Youtube channel run by a MAGA this is uploaded on. :skull:

9 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

It was a British coliny that they gave back to China in the late 90s under the agreement that for 50 years, China would respect a 1 coutry 2 political system policy. China was not to undermine the democratic freedom of Hong Kong for at least 50 years. But since the 200s, China has been eroding the political independance of the country (by forcibly limiting who could run for office) and now, they are attacking the free judiciary.

The Hong Kong courts would basically become an arm of the Communist Party of China.

Thank you for educating me.

Not everything is covered in school when it comes to countries and their dealings, unfortunately. 

Even with my college degree.

Communists denying peoples' freedoms and autonomy? :eek:

2 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

China being disgusting as per usual. First they want to completely and utterly annex Hong Kong, then Taiwan will be next.

I'm currently living in Taiwan and it's sad to see that this, the only true democracy in all of Asia, is not receiving the support it needs from the international community. China's got it's neck on every country's throats. :shakeno: 

And @Miss Korea that comment is tacky and gross. The erasure of democracy and freedom isn't a joke.

oops I didn't add my edit to my comment. I'm very much anti-Beijing and I'll take the wp but I won't take the lecture lol.

13 minutes ago, Olpsy said:

12 minutes ago, vamp said:

Wait

Well that's Beijing's intention. If majority of the world believes that HK is simply a 'Chinese city' then half the job is done for them, that is, the absorption of HK into China. They don't have to bother with international controversy if we all think HK is just a Chinese city.

tldr

• Hong Kong is a special administrative region of China.
  • It was 'handed over' to the Chinese by the British in 1997 who annexed HK in a treaty in the late 1800s with a promise of a 'return' of the region to China. It operates under a "One country, two systems" ploy which says it's part of China but continues to have its government, economy etc.
  • A treaty was signed in 1997 that says Chinese policies cannot be imposed until 2047, 50 years from the handover;
  • However, Chinese influence and crackdowns have escalated increasingly this decade, probably coming from a place of western complacency - we all thought it was fine because 'nothing had changed' (lol) - I was there in 2017 for the 20th anniversary handover and the crackdowns were a biT much.

Macau is the same, which used to be a Portuguese colony.

--

Conflict is only going to escalate over the next ~30 years, until 2047 comes and the question comes up in regard to HK's autonomy, as per the Declaration. The British were truly stupid in the way the Declaration was handled, stupid, misguided and naive. The fact Chris Patten (the last governor of HK) had the audacity to come out and write some ridiculous OP-ed a few years ago about Beijing being not trustworthy etc. The British didn't do enough to secure HK's autonomy and existence as it is.

Chinese officials have even said the British-Chinese Declaration is not legally binding, it's a historical document. There needs to be major international intervention into this before it's too late.

Free Taiwan and Hong Kong :weeps:

I'm from Hong Kong. Let me just say I'm glad at least more people are educating themselves about us :mandown:

Hong Kong and Taiwan deserves justice.

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

oops I didn't add my edit to my comment. I'm very much anti-Beijing and I'll take the wp but I won't take the lecture lol.

Well that's Beijing's intention. If majority of the world believes that HK is simply a 'Chinese city' then half the job is done for them, that is, the absorption of HK into China. They don't have to bother with international controversy if we all think HK is just a Chinese city.

tldr

• Hong Kong is a special administrative region of China.
  • It was 'handed over' to the Chinese by the British in 1997 who annexed HK in a treaty in the late 1800s with a promise of a 'return' of the region to China. It operates under a "One country, two systems" ploy which says it's part of China but continues to have its government, economy etc.
  • A treaty was signed in 1997 that says Chinese policies cannot be imposed until 2047, 50 years from the handover;
  • However, Chinese influence and crackdowns have escalated increasingly this decade, probably coming from a place of western complacency - we all thought it was fine because 'nothing had changed' (lol) - I was there in 2017 for the 20th anniversary handover and the crackdowns were a biT much.

Macau is the same, which used to be a Portuguese colony.

--

Conflict is only going to escalate over the next ~30 years, until 2047 comes and the question comes up in regard to HK's autonomy, as per the Declaration. The British were truly stupid in the way the Declaration was handled, stupid, misguided and naive. The fact Chris Patten (the last governor of HK) had the audacity to come out and write some ridiculous OP-ed a few years ago about Beijing being not trustworthy etc. The British didn't do enough to secure HK's autonomy and existence as it is.

Chinese officials have even said the British-Chinese Declaration is not legally binding, it's a historical document. There needs to be major international intervention into this before it's too late.

1 hour ago, frenchyisback said:

Wow that is totally left out when we discussed Asian in history and geography. 

Is it kinda like how Hawaii was it’s own country until the us invaded it and illegally made it a state. They could still be their own country and separate from us due to the legality but they deem it not worth doing at this point

disgusting but not surprised, communist governments seek to repress, oppress and persecute 

Taiwan and Hong Kong should be independent countries

#independence

#Imwiththem

#NottodayChina

3 hours ago, that G.U.Y. said:

Communists denying peoples' freedoms and autonomy? :eek:

2 hours ago, Cute said:

disgusting but not surprised, communist governments seek to repress, oppress and persecute 

#NoCommies

as a former British colony Hong Kong deserves the right to self-determination instead of being absorbed into Communist China

Thanks for threading this :jonny5: I'm going to the protests rn. The most united Hong Kongers have been since 2014 tbh

2 hours ago, Mtjjproducer said:

Wow that is totally left out when we discussed Asian in history and geography. 

Is it kinda like how Hawaii was it’s own country until the us invaded it and illegally made it a state. They could still be their own country and separate from us due to the legality but they deem it not worth doing at this point

Not really. Hong Kong was returned by the UK to China in '97 because their deal of "borrowing" Hong Kong for 99 years expired (well actually most of the urban area of Hong Kong was given to UK permanently, but to cut the city in half is impossible at that point)

And being independent won't work tbh. We don't have the geographical advantage to protect ourselves, we don't have natural resources and our economics will collapse without China. Hong Kong ain't like Singapore's case either which they had a strong leader and was WAY ahead its neighbors from day one.

But anyway China would never let that happen so :sistrens:

30 minutes ago, Wes said:

Not really. Hong Kong was returned by the UK to China in '97 because their deal of "borrowing" Hong Kong for 99 years expired (well actually most of the urban area of Hong Kong was given to UK permanently, but to cut the city in half is impossible at that point)

And being independent won't work tbh. We don't have the geographical advantage to protect ourselves, we don't have natural resources and our economics will collapse without China. Hong Kong ain't like Singapore's case either which they had a strong leader and was WAY ahead its neighbors from day one.

But anyway China would never let that happen so :sistrens:

Singapore was very poor back then, if not poorer than Malaysia and Indonesia

2 minutes ago, Jealous said:

Singapore was very poor back then, if not poorer than Malaysia and Indonesia

Still it was way ahead of those 2 you mentioned. Likewise Hong Kong was very poor back then, but that was nothing compared to China.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Then why be stupid and say that? Lol. The answers are but a google away...

good luck with the upcoming election you're speaking of

220px-Han_Kuo-yu(cropped).jpg

OT: imagine being THIS privileged to speak on ATRL while endorsing a non-humanitarian power... far-right can relate! some of yall are truly something else