Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Miley apologizes for hip hop remarks

160 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2019 at 10:18 PM, KoibitoCyrus said:

I think you have her mixed up with Taylor Swift, Miley hates Trump, and what exactly are you talking about when referring to authenticity as if she has been riding off of blacks for the entirety of her career? I thought it was an artists job to change up their sound and artistry ...a process called reinvention 

Meet Miley Cyrus

Can’t Be Tamed 

Time Of Our Lives 

...please you’re only focusing on Bangerz where she 

Make it make sense, she’s had astronomical mainstream success since her Disney which had nothing to do with her blacks... so get your facts straight 

fume me a bit though :cm: 

D8afoXRWwAIdBWD?format=jpg&name=medium

On 6/12/2019 at 12:18 PM, KoibitoCyrus said:

blacks.

:rip:

On 6/12/2019 at 2:18 PM, KoibitoCyrus said:

I think you have her mixed up with Taylor Swift, Miley hates Trump, and what exactly are you talking about when referring to authenticity as if she has been riding off of blacks for the entirety of her career? I thought it was an artists job to change up their sound and artistry ...a process called reinvention 

Meet Miley Cyrus

Can’t Be Tamed 

Time Of Our Lives 

...please you’re only focusing on Bangerz where she 

Make it make sense, she’s had astronomical mainstream success since her Disney which had nothing to do with her blacks... so get your facts straight 

fume me a bit though :cm: 

Girl, boy, whatever you identify as, STFU. Y'all defended her when she said the dumb ****, claiming she said nothing wrong, and now you're dick riding her apology-which you should technically be disagreeing with since y'all caped so hard and pushed the narrative further about her hip hop statements being true. 

All y'all do it suck stan dick, like you're going to get something out of it. Get a mind of your own.

Good for her, i hope she genuinely sees the error of her ways. But more importantly I hope she and her stans will understand if some people decide to not forgive her. Her conscience can be cleared but she should understand she isn't owed forgiveness, it's normal, just keep it moving. I haven't read this thread but i'm sure there are people who are still rightfully mad but also there are people who will think this means she has a clean slate.

Someone here really thinks Miley Cyrus is the reason that rappers are making conscious rap after Bangerz. I should've known better than to enter an ATRL thread that mentions hip hop but this is breathtaking I gasped

ATRL hot takes on urban music just shows how far removed from the culture yall are

some people here thinking Miley did Rap/Hip Hop culture a service

On 6/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, thedastardly said:

'A little insensitive'. She reduced a whole genre to a dumb stereotype that she aggressively pushed herself then abandoned because was trying to appeal to the white country crowd.

That’s the funny thing about all this

“I distanced myself from the genre because of a toxic culture that I consciously exacerbated” :ahh:

I can't stand her.

Of course white gays who don’t know or care for sh!t about hip hop would run in here and “forgive” her. :bibliahh:

Good for her if she’s truly sorry about it and is genuinely apologizing, but she can’t expect everyone to forgive and forget.