Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Miley apologizes for hip hop remarks

160 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, MonsterOfFame said:

Not on Top 40 radio like they are now.

You think Miley made rap mainstream? Gtfo

Ye had his own slew of #1, top 5, top 10 singles way before there even was a Hannah Montana.

The mainstream landscape changed with the introduction of streaming. Miley had NOTHING to do with that.

Besides, these conscious rappers still barely get Top 40 radio airplay just on the sole fact that they are rappers. You're claim are VOID.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sinister said:

You think Miley made rap mainstream? Gtfo

Ye had his own slew of #1, top 5, top 10 singles way before there even was a Hannah Montana.

The mainstream landscape changed with the introduction of streaming. Miley had NOTHING to do with that.

Besides, these conscious rappers still barely get Top 40 radio airplay just on the sole fact that they are rappers. You're claim are VOID.

lmao like Hannah Montana is responsible for Nas, Common, Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, 3 first era's of kanye west.

thanks hannah

I still don't get what happened :psyduck:

13 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

lmao like Hannah Montana is responsible for Nas, Common, Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, 3 first era's of kanye west.

thanks hannah

Didnt you kno? Miley made rap mainstream this decade. Drake owes Miley all his success.

Heck, even Macklemore fans have a better ground to stand on than Hannah.

Wait, what happened?

1 minute ago, Grown K said:

Wait, what happened?

Years ago when rap wasn’t charting anywhere and she was cleaning up her image and made that pasty folk album she said she stopped doing/listening to hip hop bc they only talked about drugs blah blah 

fast forward to 2019 when her pops is #1 on billboard with a rapper and Miley is nowhere to be seen, she’s trying to save face. Bc this comment been could’ve came at a less convenient time for her 

How convenient that she finally learned the same week her EP’s numbers came out 

Mother’s Daughter is a bop so all is forgotten.

zGw87wW.gif

18 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

I still don't get what happened :psyduck:

Miley tried to distance herself from black culture during Younger Now. That flopped and her EP isn’t doing well so she finally learned from her mistakes. 

Mess. But ParTy Up the Street bops so 

14 hours ago, MonsterOfFame said:

Fact of the matter is -- Hiphop has changed changed for the better since Miley made those comments. You have Kanye, Jay, Kendrick, Tyler, and many others singing meaningful verses. Much of the rap/hiphop scene before the mid 2010's was just bragging about drugs and sex. Yes, there were exceptions, but they weren't *mainsteam* like they are now.

You obviously don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s pretty funny 

14 hours ago, MonsterOfFame said:

Fact of the matter is -- Hiphop has changed changed for the better since Miley made those comments. You have Kanye, Jay, Kendrick, Tyler, and many others singing meaningful verses. Much of the rap/hiphop scene before the mid 2010's was just bragging about drugs and sex. Yes, there were exceptions, but they weren't *mainsteam* like they are now.

This is exactly why y'all need to stick to pop music. :deadbanana4:

9 hours ago, MonsterOfFame said:

Do any of you know how to READ? I said that the artists and music existed before then, but it WASN'T MAINSTREAM.

Jay Z, Tupac, Wu Tang Clan, OutKast, Lauryn Hill, P Diddy, Kanye, TI, Missy Elliott, Lil Wayne even Eminem all had mainstream hits that were non problematic, those are just the artist that I immediately thought of. It has nothing to do with Miley Cyrus  :dies:

Posted (edited)

Went top 25 on pop radio

in 2004

This girl follows the wind. Where it blows, she goes. Trump got elected and she thought her country, good girl routine pandering would sell. It didn't. Fast forward, streaming is the main girl and hip hop her popular BFF and now Miley wants to ride back to hip hop/urban music to fit in. Its really hard taking someone who is a different person every album seriously. There is no authenticity to which ever character Miley chooses to be per album cycle. Quite frankly, she's getting too old for this ****. People want whats real and if she just tried being her real self maybe she would be better off on the charts and in the GP's eyes. 

15 hours ago, MonsterOfFame said:

What? Girl I don't even care about hip hop that much but this is a total cluster****ing lie. :deadbanana4:

She Is Coming flopping both commercially and critically really got into her

fUuMODc.gif

5 hours ago, Love Drought said:

This is exactly why y'all need to stick to pop music. :deadbanana4:

Jay Z, Tupac, Wu Tang Clan, OutKast, Lauryn Hill, P Diddy, Kanye, TI, Missy Elliott, Lil Wayne even Eminem all had mainstream hits that were non problematic, those are just the artist that I immediately thought of. It has nothing to do with Miley Cyrus  :dies:

Once again.. you all need to re-read what I wrote. Miley definitely was not responsible for the change in hiphop. What I said was when she made her comments years ago, she had reason to say that besides being a hater. It was true.

Things have clearly changed since then. I bet you all still don't hate on Hillary and Obama for being against gay marriage 10 years ago.

It's ridiculous to hold people to something they said YEARS ago, especially when they haven't been saying it since.

I’ll forgive when she flops.

The fact that Mother’s Daughter was the most added on Pop Radio since it’s it’s radio release (yesterday) and ATRL has nothing more important to do but rant and rave over an apology made by a multimillionaire songstress :fan:

5 hours ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

This girl follows the wind. Where it blows, she goes. Trump got elected and she thought her country, good girl routine pandering would sell. It didn't. Fast forward, streaming is the main girl and hip hop her popular BFF and now Miley wants to ride back to hip hop/urban music to fit in. Its really hard taking someone who is a different person every album seriously. There is no authenticity to which ever character Miley chooses to be per album cycle. Quite frankly, she's getting too old for this ****. People want whats real and if she just tried being her real self maybe she would be better off on the charts and in the GP's eyes. 

I think you have her mixed up with Taylor Swift, Miley hates Trump, and what exactly are you talking about when referring to authenticity as if she has been riding off of blacks for the entirety of her career? I thought it was an artists job to change up their sound and artistry ...a process called reinvention 

Meet Miley Cyrus

Can’t Be Tamed 

Time Of Our Lives 

...please you’re only focusing on Bangerz where she 

Make it make sense, she’s had astronomical mainstream success since her Disney which had nothing to do with her blacks... so get your facts straight 

fume me a bit though :cm: 

"blacks".

22 hours ago, BibleThisWay said:

I swear this girl is the most directionless pop star out there. Been throwing anything and everything at the wall since Bangerz and nothing is sticking

Well I mean Bangerz stuck and She Is Coming her 11th EP stuck

1 hour ago, MonsterOfFame said:

Once again.. you all need to re-read what I wrote. Miley definitely was not responsible for the change in hiphop. What I said was when she made her comments years ago, she had reason to say that besides being a hater. It was true.

How is it true when again Lil Wayne, Kanye, Eminem, Macklemore, Drake etc all had mainstream hits with "meaningful verses" before the mid 2010s like you said in your post? The only reason why it may seem that "Hip Hop has changed for the better" for you is smply because it became extremely popular now the same way it did in the 90s and early 2000s.

ATRL always makes me laugh with their holier-than-thou attitude towards rap. Like, as if a bunch of pop songs with 3rd grade lyrics about wanting to take a guy home from the club and f*ck him or making a song about drugs is somehow better? get a grip.

uhm miley sings about drugs on her new ep. who cares tho its fantastic.