Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

how often do you sunscreen ?

45 posts in this topic

I apply sunscreen every 2 hours, i have my portable spf 50 Avène sunscreen for my face and neck so that i can put it in my pocket, 

18-solaire-reflexe-face-adulte_color_adjusted.png?itok=8LaX9Zmd

I apply in the morning (6:30am), during lunch (11-12), after work (4pm), and more reapplies depending on my amount of sun exposure during the day.

I only apply sunscreen when I go to the beach or when I know I'm spending a lot of time outside. I don't get sunburns.

I apply about 2x daily

I only wear sunscreen during summer time, and even then only when I'm going to be at the pool or outdoors a lot during the day. 

only once day everytime I leave my house 

Every time i have to go outside

2 minutes ago, HANZ94 said:

only once day everytime I leave my house 

Same

I would re-apply but I can't really do that when I'm wearing make up :rip:

Im heading to the beach in a few and i just do a light misting in the morning and let it last all day... I'm trying to look BLACK

3 minutes ago, Nurr said:

Same

That's why I use mist, if I do re-apply or forget to put it on before my makeup I can just spray it over. It doesnt mess with my makeup.

3 minutes ago, Nurr said:

Same

i would re apply but i dont feel good about reapplying suncscreen over un-cleansed skin. i only like applying lotions/serums when i clean/tone my face

2 minutes ago, firecrotch said:

That's why I use mist, if I do re-apply or forget to put it on before my makeup I can just spray it over. It doesnt mess with my makeup.

i need this

Every two hours? Everyday? Where do you live? Do you spend a lot of time outside? :cupid:

I apply once in the morning. Pretty enough on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, Cute said:

I apply sunscreen every 2 hours, i have my portable spf 50 Avène sunscreen for my face and neck so that i can put it in my pocket, 

18-solaire-reflexe-face-adulte_color_adjusted.png?itok=8LaX9Zmd

i hope you wash your hands real good before applying cause the bacteria that that has i-

30 mins before go outside. 

1 minute ago, firecrotch said:

Yeah I thought about that as well but mists can't protect your skin nearly as well as creams do (cause it's just a spray, unless you literally wet your whole face with it and rub it in) & I already know I would end up looking like an oily mess throughout the day.

once a day before i leave my house

6 minutes ago, Judas Bertha said:

i would re apply but i dont feel good about reapplying suncscreen over un-cleansed skin. i only like applying lotions/serums when i clean/tone my face

Same, if I do re-apply when I'm not wearing make up I always try to wash my face beforeheand

This video really shows the difference between different types of sunscreen products

I need to get myself a lip balm with spf :jonny:

Only when I plan to be outside for a long period of time with my skin exposed like going to a music festival or water park. I don't normally spend that much time outside and during the weekdays I'm in business attire and mostly covered besides my face (and my moisturizer has a SPF component). 

21 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

Every two hours? Everyday? Where do you live? Do you spend a lot of time outside? :cupid:

I apply once in the morning. Pretty enough on a daily basis.

Sweat, touching your face, eating, water, etc. can easily remove sunscreen. Applying every 4 hours (or 2 if you're outside all the time) regardless of weather or skin color is a must unless you're inside all day. :chick1:

Never because the sun isn't that intense here but maybe if I spent more time out I would. I want to get some color though I'm paper white.