Rihanna surpasses 200M certified units in the U.S.

lonnie

2 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

Except Rihanna can actually sing and Selena can't.

1 hour ago, Badboidami said:

Honey, not Selena, please... :skull:

40 minutes ago, Love Drought said:

:ahh:

i go to music school and i've talked to multiple people about Rihanna and they all bash her singing abilities and say that she doesn't perform one of their favorite songs from Anti anymore because she tried singing it once and it was so bad that it went viral and she never performed it again (gonna check which song it was). if ur wondering why she isn't selling out arenas that may be why. Rihanna also doesn't have an overarching narrative or demographic to her music, she mostly chases trends (which i'm into btw) so her target audience is all over the place which helps her sell 200M units but not sell tickets.

1 hour ago, Badboidami said:

Honey, not Selena, please... :skull:

They really have to make Selena look good by comparing her to Rihanna when she is obviously way more talented than that talentless so called "artist"  lmao

36 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

i go to music school and i've talked to multiple people about Rihanna and they all bash her singing abilities and say that she doesn't perform one of their favorite songs from Anti anymore because she tried singing it once and it was so bad that it went viral and she never performed it again (gonna check which song it was). if ur wondering why she isn't selling out arenas that may be why. Rihanna also doesn't have an overarching narrative or demographic to her music, she mostly chases trends (which i'm into btw) so her target audience is all over the place which helps her sell 200M units but not sell tickets.

Huh? Selena can't even stay on pitch.. Rihanna may not be the "greatest" vocalist OBVIOUSLY but she is a wy way way more talented singer than Selena and she actually stay on pitch.  Also, every singer has their "bad" or "worst" moments but Selena only has that lol, even at her best she's worse than any singer in the industry.. 

49 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

This fanfiction :rip:  Her favorite songs from Anti are Love on the Brain & Kiss It Better which she performed every night on her last tour and they did go viral (especially LOTB)....because she slayed both of these live :rip:  Selena Gomez is the defintion of chasing trends & going viral for sounding terrible live :rip: 

12 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

This fanfiction :rip:  Her favorite songs from Anti are Love on the Brain & Kiss It Better which she performed every night on her last tour and they did go viral (especially LOTB)....because she slayed both of these live :rip:  Selena Gomez is the defintion of chasing trends & going viral for sounding terrible live :rip: 

I think the user is talking about their friend's favorite song from Anti, not Rih's. I'm guessing the song is Needed Me. She did go off pitch at the VMAs. It wasn't bad during the tour.

12 minutes ago, Keith said:

I think the user is talking about their friend's favorite song from Anti, not Rih's. I'm guessing the song is Needed Me. She did go off pitch at the VMAs. It wasn't bad during the tour.

She had problems with her ear piece during the VMAs. It was tragic, I have to agree, but on tour she slays that song and the ending notes are not a problem for her.

4 hours ago, selena_lavigne said:

I was laughing at your comparison to Selena. The girl is gorgeous but to say that she has "undeniable classics" and that her "voice is nice when it's polished" compared to Rihanna is ridiculous. Everyone knows that she's not a powerhouse but she has improved immensely as a performer and vocalist from her debut until now as evident by Love On The Brain and Wild Thoughts performances. 

Selena, on the other hand, is still a weak singer for someone who's been in the industry for 10 years now and lacks stage presence compared to her peers, I mean look at the Wolves performance at the AMAs. She's not close to having a classic and there's no way to tell that any of her songs will be classics especially for someone who has chased trends herself. This is why she should just stick to acting if she won't be able to release songs like Bad Liar, The Heart Wants What It Wants, Good For You and Hands To Myself considering that those are her only good songs. 

1 hour ago, Love Drought said:

I was laughing at your comparison to Selena. The girl is gorgeous but to say that she has "undeniable classics" and that her "voice is nice when it's polished" compared to Rihanna is ridiculous. Everyone knows that she's not a powerhouse but she has improved immensely as a performer and vocalist from her debut until now as evident by Love On The Brain and Wild Thoughts performances. 

Selena, on the other hand, is still a weak singer for someone who's been in the industry for 10 years now and lacks stage presence compared to her peers, I mean look at the Wolves performance at the AMAs. She's not close to having a classic and there's no way to tell that any of her songs will be classics especially for someone who has chased trends herself. This is why she should just stick to acting if she won't be able to release songs like Bad Liar, The Heart Wants What It Wants, Good For You and Hands To Myself considering that those are her only good songs. 

the 4 songs you mentioned along with Love You Like A Love Song, Tell Me Something I Don't Know, Who Says, Naturally, Same Old Love, Wolves, It Ain't Me, and Back To You I still here all the time when I go out or listen in on conversations :rip: but i'm around people in their late teens maybe 40 year olds like some of the people here are too old to know those songs. and Rihanna has had amazing and horrible moments on stage. Love On The Brain is a hit or miss for her sometimes I'm amazed and sometimes she sounds like a squealing p*g.

OT: Rihanna is undeniably one of the biggest and inspirational icons of this generation. congrats

LEGEND :clap3:

52 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

the 4 songs you mentioned along with Love You Like A Love Song, Tell Me Something I Don't Know, Who Says, Naturally, Same Old Love, Wolves, It Ain't Me, and Back To You I still here all the time when I go out or listen in on conversations :rip: but i'm around people in their late teens maybe 40 year olds like some of the people here are too old to know those songs. and Rihanna has had amazing and horrible moments on stage. Love On The Brain is a hit or miss for her sometimes I'm amazed and sometimes she sounds like a squealing p*g.

OT: Rihanna is undeniably one of the biggest and inspirational icons of this generation. congrats

Just because you hear them all the time doesn't mean that they're "undeniable classics" :skull:. Calling people 40 year olds just because they don't agree or hear those songs often is pretty childish, but do you selena_lavigne 

22 minutes ago, Love Drought said:

Just because you hear them all the time doesn't mean that they're "undeniable classics" :skull:. Calling people 40 year olds just because they don't agree or hear those songs often is pretty childish, but do you selena_lavigne 

i didn't call Selena's songs undeniable classics. I called Rihanna's songs that and compared her to Selena as to why people listen to her music but don't pay for tickets. And Selena definitely does have at least 2 classic songs that are known by most of the GP if not more. 

OT: Rihanna is great lol

43 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

i didn't call Selena's songs undeniable classics. I called Rihanna's songs that and compared her to Selena as to why people listen to her music but don't pay for tickets. And Selena definitely does have at least 2 classic songs that are known by most of the GP if not more. 

OT: Rihanna is great lol

Take the stanning goggles off, Selena does not have classic songs, just because you hear them whenever you go out. This site has completely diminish the meaning of what a classic song is to just any hit song by a pop star, especially when it's way too early to tell :toofunny3:. Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and even now Ariana all have songs that could be considered classics in future, Selena has none whatsoever. 

10 minutes ago, Love Drought said:

Take the stanning goggles off, Selena does not have classic songs, just because you hear them whenever you go out. This site has completely diminish the meaning of what a classic song is to just any hit song by a pop star, especially when it's way too early to tell :toofunny3:. Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and even now Ariana all have songs that could be considered classics in future, Selena has none whatsoever. 

I spot some lies but have fun. I'm gonna move on with my ATRL career.

4 hours ago, selena_lavigne said:

Selena still can't sing even at her best so what's your point now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.