Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Confession: I'm not enjoying Gaga's music anymore

209 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, OmegaRidley said:

They like her achievements

The second she starts flopping most of them will dissapear in a heartbeat 

So we’re gonna pretend that ARTPOP didn’t happen? Okay cool. 

Admittedly I skip a lot of Joanne and only stan Shallow, HBF, WDYDT, and Heal Me on the Star is Born Soundtrack (All other albums remain unbothered thank you) but that doesn't mean I like her any less than I did before. 50% of the reason I started stanning her was the visuals and she CONTINUES to always serve visuals no matter the era.

Ya'll are corny racing into this thread to drag Gaga and monsters, but there are people who seriously unironically still stan Meghan Trainor, and bop to some of the TRAGIC new songs on the charts that the pop girls have been releasing. But do you ya'll :dies:

Reading this thread :psyduck:

I've been around since telephone, I'm not turning in my Stan card until telephone continues

So never

A Star Is Born is a very good pop soundtrack. How can you not enjoy this like the GP?:skull:

As a gay male I get life from the soundtrack.

I will never get people who say that monsters don't really like Gaga's music now. Born This Way remains my favorite Gaga album but A Star Is Born is second and Joanne follows it. 

There's a whole world out there outside of dance music :priceless:

On 6/11/2019 at 7:30 AM, Serpentine said:

I am a Little Monster since 2010. I really remember those days where I enjoyed Gaga's music so much. I was eagerly waiting for a new music video and stayed up all night for award shows. But something was happening all these years stunning... I started to not enjoy her music but focus on her success. The acclaim and success she got from performances made me felt like I was winning something. I was cheering for her like she was from my family. Her success meant my success. I gradually embodied her achievements. Sad, pathetic you may say... It really is though... I hate the fact that I can't listen to her music anymore... Because I got fed up from the hits... and as for other songs... every one that flopped is immediately banished from my music as if it did something wrong... I want to let it go... I don't want to follow her up anymore. I want to be surprised and get excited for her new music. Achievements are temporary. What matters is the longevity of good music...

Bye fellow little monsters, I am leaving this fanbase and start to stun Gaga as someone from the GP.

Love for you all :heart2: 

Willing to bet you were never a stan to begin with. You’re just pulling this story out of your a*s to paint a negative story about all her fans. Monsters are not the only base who form delusions and act like their fave’s successes are theirs. Sick of you pathetic trolls. 

15 hours ago, lonnie said:

The rage from the Gaga fans indicate that they too harbour the same but repressed feelings of disappointment. 7 pages of them denying and trying to convince themselves that they enjoy their fave's current music and angrily going after anyone that says they don't like Gaga's music just because someone who once stanned Gaga admits to not liking her music anymore.

i agree. they related to the OP so bad that they are banging on their keyboards with tears in their eyes attacking everyone that posts something here. that's really sad.

3 hours ago, Hakunt said:

i agree. they related to the OP so bad that they are banging on their keyboards with tears in their eyes attacking everyone that posts something here. that's really sad.

If you don't like her music -move on to another artist. She's moved on. Left you behind looking at 2010. How many artists are still doing the samething they did ten years ago?. Not many!!

8 minutes ago, frankru2010 said:

If you don't like her music -move on to another artist. She's moved on. Left you behind looking at 2010. How many artists are still doing the samething they did ten years ago?. Not many!!

okay?

ARTPOP and unreleased 2012 leaks were the last pieces of Gaga music i've really liked. 

Joanne is cute but I'm really not thrilled to listen to that album. ASIB has great songs too but it's obviously a very different mood from her amazing pop material. 

"What matters is the longevity of good music.."

Poor everyone who's not
Gaga/Rihanna/Mariah/Madonna/Celine/Beyonce

:bibliahh: :ahh: 

It's never a bad thing to step away from stan culture and appreciate the music again :clap3: There's so much more to music than how it performs and how fans/the Internet reacts. Separating your love of music from your obsession with chart success is a great idea until you learn how to appreciate music, regardless of its success, and still appreciate how songs perform in comparison to other competitors. 

On 6/11/2019 at 3:33 PM, Diocles said:

At least he doesn't want his fave dead so she could top the charts

giphy.gif

On 6/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, P!NK2LOVE said:

confession: literally no one ****ing cares

:rip: 

So, someone got stuck with 00s teen dance songs saying "just dance, gonna be OK lalala" and didn't evolve with her fave's music and talent skills.

A reverse Avril Lavigne experience.

Poor the liddos that confess not liking Gagone's music and will get dragged for 8 pages straight.  :biblio:

We love you OP :heart2:

tea I used to be one too but Joanne and everything after it just isn’t good... plus most of her music aged poorly sans artpop

20 hours ago, Shady said:

I will never get people who say that monsters don't really like Gaga's music now. Born This Way remains my favorite Gaga album but A Star Is Born is second and Joanne follows it. 

There's a whole world out there outside of dance music :priceless:

I don’t even really enjoy dance dance music outside of Gaga and some really prolific dance artists, I’m actually more into R&B/Hip-hop. 

I can’t say I dislike Gaga’s current music, I just don’t find it very enjoyable. I still love her voice, it’s one of the best around, so it still compels me to listen to her current records. But i will say I haven’t “loved” a Gaga album since ArtPop. 

20 minutes ago, HïFidelity said:

I don’t even really enjoy dance dance music outside of Gaga and some really prolific dance artists, I’m actually more into R&B/Hip-hop. 

I can’t say I dislike Gaga’s current music, I just don’t find it very enjoyable. I still love her voice, it’s one of the best around, so it still compels me to listen to her current records. But i will say I haven’t “loved” a Gaga album since ArtPop. 

This, it doesn't mean we're "stuck" on songs like Just Dance. We're "stuck" on great material from prior albums that has not been met again (although ASIB album is great in its own light). 

it's not even about the genre. I'd listen to Speechless and Brown Eyes any day before Million Reasons or any other ballad-esque song on Joanne.

I thought this was how most of them felt? 

The Gaga thrill ended for me with C2C. I even liked and bought the album, but that was the point on her career when she became "boring".

It's not the dance, it's not the extravaganza, it's not the success (my favourite album/era is ARTPOP), it's the passion and creativity. And I'm so so glad to see her having success in all fields, and happy with the life she has, like I'm very happy for her. But I, personally, became a Gaga stan because of the explosion of art, dare, drama and overall passion and creativity as I said, I just fell in love and she inspired me as an artist. This whole new Gaga route is ok, but doesn't inspire me I could say.

KC1oNTa.gif

I go through waves of emotions with her, somedays I stan, others I wait exhausted, sipping off the fumes of success from 2010

I understand

KC1oNTa.gif

On 6/11/2019 at 10:08 AM, HANZ94 said:

what an embarrasing story :bibliahh:

Mte! Lmfao :dies:

On 6/11/2019 at 6:30 AM, P!NK2LOVE said:

confession: literally no one ****ing cares

:cm:

Joanne and ASIB are her best albums....

Anyways, mess at that katykat saying that.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:19 AM, TipToe said:

She sold herself as the 'salvation of pop music' in the early years so it's no wonder that there must be one hell of a cognitive dissonance going on because in the last few years she got as 'conservative' as she could be. The talent is still there but what made her so interesting is gone.

What made her interesting? Tacky dance music or the ability to completely transform herself and bring something to the table that is not currently seen in mainstream pop music?

The spark, the passion, the "daringness" is all still there. The only thing that changed is the musical landscape of mainstream pop music and these f*gs now being completely comfortable with what is being pushed down their throats by the industry.

5b33948380218801541967_zpsflbnq3tu.gif?t