Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Confession: I'm not enjoying Gaga's music anymore

209 posts in this topic

People saying ‘who cares’ when this thread has 100+ replies. :rip:

OT: Get yourself to the nearest Katy Kat embassy and stay safe. :heart2:

Yep. We know all little monsters are secretly like this. Thanks for confirming it.

20 hours ago, Gaia said:

Uh, you realize you’re exactly like every other monster right?

Pretending Gaga’s achievements are your own and getting some validation from it despite it having nothing to do with you. 

Celebrating her success and acclaim overbearingly because you know you’re not really in it for the music anymore. 

I hope her next studio album is in the veins of ASIB, can’t wait to see Monster pretend that’s the sound they want from her :dies: 

And yet Gaga still had the biggest fanbase on ATRL, despite "being over since 2012" according to y'all. So what was there even to celebrate during her "FAD" days ? There were no achievements right ? Why did she still have so many stans here ?

WHAT IS THE TRUTH ?

CH7AeN0.gif

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, Serpentine said:

I am a Little Monster since 2010. I really remember those days where I enjoyed Gaga's music so much. I was eagerly waiting for a new music video and stayed up all night for award shows. But something was happening all these years stunning... I started to not enjoy her music but focus on her success. The acclaim and success she got from performances made me felt like I was winning something. I was cheering for her like she was from my family. Her success meant my success. I gradually embodied her achievements. Sad, pathetic you may say... It really is though... I hate the fact that I can't listen to her music anymore... Because I got fed up from the hits... and as for other songs... every one that flopped is immediately banished from my music as if it did something wrong... I want to let it go... I don't want to follow her up anymore. I want to be surprised and get excited for her new music. Achievements are temporary. What matters is the longevity of good music...

Bye fellow little monsters, I am leaving this fanbase and start to stun Gaga as someone from the GP.

Love for you all :heart2: 

That's the problem you're still in 2010. She's left 2010 and moving on. It's not her music it's you. You have not moved with her. She's expanded her music into different areas. She's redoing the 2010 songs (Las Vegas residency) into something new. Move with her.

On 6/11/2019 at 5:33 AM, Diocles said:

At least he doesn't want his fave dead so she could top the charts

giphy.gif

Drag it :deadbanana2:

On 6/11/2019 at 8:30 AM, Serpentine said:

I am a Little Monster since 2010. I really remember those days where I enjoyed Gaga's music so much. I was eagerly waiting for a new music video and stayed up all night for award shows. But something was happening all these years stunning... I started to not enjoy her music but focus on her success. The acclaim and success she got from performances made me felt like I was winning something. I was cheering for her like she was from my family. Her success meant my success. I gradually embodied her achievements. Sad, pathetic you may say... It really is though... I hate the fact that I can't listen to her music anymore... Because I got fed up from the hits... and as for other songs... every one that flopped is immediately banished from my music as if it did something wrong... I want to let it go... I don't want to follow her up anymore. I want to be surprised and get excited for her new music. Achievements are temporary. What matters is the longevity of good music...

Bye fellow little monsters, I am leaving this fanbase and start to stun Gaga as someone from the GP.

Love for you all :heart2: 

Screaming because this is how all the liddos are. They really do live vicariously through her. :ahh:

ot: Anyway, glad you went to the light and saw Jesus. It’s never too late to change. 

10 hours ago, H-I-M said:

And yet Gaga still had the biggest fanbase on ATRL, despite "being over since 2012" according to y'all. So what was there even to celebrate during her "FAD" days ? There were no achievements right ? Why did she still have so many stans here ?

WHAT IS THE TRUTH ?

CH7AeN0.gif

You did not just resort to “having the biggest fan base on gaytrl” as some sort of achievement :deadbanana4:

35 minutes ago, crf13 said:

Screaming because this is how all the liddos are. They really do live vicariously through her. :ahh:

That's how the stan world works

C59AABEE-FF69-44EF-AB87-176B98631083.thumb.jpeg.56c623c763914de1102ed35b837d2f47.jpeg

OT: You do you 

See you for LG6, sweaty!!

11 hours ago, beautiful player said:

Yep. We know all little monsters are secretly like this. Thanks for confirming it.

59 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

That's how the stan world works

C59AABEE-FF69-44EF-AB87-176B98631083.thumb.jpeg.56c623c763914de1102ed35b837d2f47.jpeg

OT: You do you 

No, actually normal people can celebrate someone else without thinking they somehow benefit from someone else’s success :ahh:Liddos always proving how unhinged they are 

Behind all the 🏆ACADEMY AWARD WINNER🏆 sigs and bragging most Monsters probs feel the same way. You can't tell me the people who live for her over the top aesthetics and think Bad Romance is her best song sit there listening to the boring folk/country crap she does nowadays :rip:

I somewhat agrees. I still love the music, but her obsession with money, awards and fillers is just off putting.

3 hours ago, crf13 said:

No, actually normal people can celebrate someone else without thinking they somehow benefit from someone else’s success :ahh:Liddos always proving how unhinged they are 

We're unhinged? Your fave called y'all out TWICE on your delusions and conspiracy theories but go off, Britney stan :ahh: 

OT: Wow, 6 pages for this discussion? :skull:

I lowkey get the OP. I don't enjoy pop music/culture in 2019 the same way I did in 2009. Half of it is me growing up and changing, and the other half of it is the zeitgeist going in a totally different direction at the moment. It doesn't mean it will always be like this or I'll always feel this way. It's just a new phase of culture and life, until the next arrives.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, the OP got a point. Gaga is one of the most creative and interesting pop stars ever, but her discography got weak as hell. 

• The Fame is full of filler and dated songs - basically only the singles survived over 10 years;
  • The Fame Monster has the quality bops we love, but it's only 8 songs and not all of them are THAT good
  • Born This Way is probably her best album, cuz it's so versatile 
  • Artpop is a hot mess and half of the album is filler or dated EDM 
  • Joanne is meh and only got Million Reasons and Joanne that shine there 
  • ASIB proved that she still can make pop bops and serve quality ballads (basically any of them is amazing)

You can't blame her fans, that mostly fell in love with her when she was colorful, interesting and creative, for being disappointed. If she doesn't stop going for that straight-appeal with sad songs, being normal like any other singer with good vocals, then there'll be nothing to follow. Lady Gaga used to be THE event when she appeared, look at her videos and live performances. It's no longer theaterical and feels like anyone could do the same damn thing.

tumblr_ped8azPgGQ1r8j1j3o6_500.gif

55 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

We're unhinged? Your fave called y'all out TWICE on your delusions and conspiracy theories but go off, Britney stan :ahh: 

OT: Wow, 6 pages for this discussion? :skull:

She called out people in general for body shaming her and not believing her recent posts are from her :rip: And she was right about the paps shopping her pics. It’s not like it’s the first time they’ve done that to her. Ctfu at you turning this into a stan war. God I love the way knee gets y’all so riled up without doing ****. Most insecure fan base of all time. 

11 minutes ago, crf13 said:

She called out people in general for body shaming her and not believing her recent posts are from her :rip: And she was right about the paps shopping her pics. It’s not like it’s the first time they’ve done that to her. Ctfu at you turning this into a stan war. God I love the way knee gets y’all so riled up without doing ****. Most insecure fan base of all time. 

The excuses... You're the one who was turning this into a stan war a page ago while attempting to drag monsters. I don't know which liddo hurt you and I don't care, but it's not the first time I've seen a Britney stan embarrass themselves bitching about monsters as if it's personal. Keep trying to bail out your fave or keep harassing her father.

This topic doesn't concern you if you don't stan Gaga.

I mean, you're better without all the toxicity from that fanbase 

23 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

The excuses... You're the one who was turning this into a stan war a page ago while attempting to drag monsters. I don't know which liddo hurt you and I don't care, but it's not the first time I've seen a Britney stan embarrass themselves bitching about monsters as if it's personal. Keep trying to bail out your fave or keep harassing her father.

This topic doesn't concern you if you don't stan Gaga.

It’s a pop music forum. I can comment anywhere I like just like monsters can do the same in Britney threads. :mandown:

It's a sign of growing up; I applaud your decision. 

You think you're getting out of this cult alive?

Sweetie, I-

We have already tracked your IP address so sleep with one eye open!

11 hours ago, crf13 said:

You did not just resort to “having the biggest fan base on gaytrl” as some sort of achievement :deadbanana4:

:bibliahh:

secretly that's how all lady gaga fans are, even if they try to deny it in this thread. i'm so happy for you for accepting and trying to fix it. :heart2: