Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Confession: I'm not enjoying Gaga's music anymore

209 posts in this topic

You don't have to love everything your fave does, but its probably good that you are taking the time to be less invested emotionally in her commercial success. 

Some of y’all need to spend more time in therapy. OP made a statement and you guys acted like it was a personal attack :rip:

The fact that the OP seems like the only sane person to post in here.

And i'm not even shading the content on that post or agreeing with it :rip:

He was simply honest and everyone is picking him apart...for what? 

Maybe one day Gaga will do something he will love again. 

12 hours ago, Obsession said:

Honestly, just support the music you like and the artists you like. I made a conscious decision to stop stanning years ago and just enjoy music, and it's really nice to just listen to whatever I like and discover new artists and new music. 

I feel like focusing on being a stan limits you in a lot of ways, it's okay to support artists without devoting all your time and attention to them. 

okay now this is ****ing me up, what's the distinction?

i consider myself a gaga, lana, charli (god tier) and banks, carly, marina, britney (top tier) stan, but i also listen to many many MANY other artists, basically all the girls period (except meghan and billie). like, those aren't remotely the only girls i feel ride or die about. the only men in my last.fm top 50 are calvin (bc female collabs :rip: #39), chvrches (female lead vocalist :rip: #42), and kanye (canceled :rip: #48).

i was on ggb from like 2009-2012 so i'd have considered myself a primarily gaga stan back then but i started 'stanning' other artists e.g. britney by 2010 and then came to atrl in 2012. i was messy as hell in my ggb days but grew out of stan wars by like age 16/2013 :rip: 

am i just a stan of talented women? 

ezgif-4-cc628ed992c5qykyd.gif

Great decision :clap3:

thanks for sharing

I get that. This is how I felt about Björk, but I eventually came to the realization that she's moved into a headspace creatively that I simply do not enjoy. I haven't purchased a Björk album is over a decade, and sadly, my music library is better for it.

Next up on that list might be Madonna. Let's just say I'm nervous for Friday.

4 hours ago, Haus said:

i consider myself a gaga, lana, charli (god tier) and banks, carly, marina, britney (top tier) stan, but i also listen to many many MANY other artists, basically all the girls period (except meghan and billie). like, those aren't remotely the only girls i feel ride or die about. the only men in my last.fm top 50 are calvin (bc female collabs :rip: #39), chvrches (female lead vocalist :rip: #42), and kanye (canceled :rip: #48).

i was on ggb from like 2009-2012 so i'd have considered myself a primarily gaga stan back then but i started 'stanning' other artists e.g. britney by 2010 and then came to atrl in 2012. i was messy as hell in my ggb days but grew out of stan wars by like age 16/2013 :rip: 

When you are a true stan you rarely listen to anyone else's music.

Listen to Confessions on a Dance Floor.

A lot of Little Monsters secretly agree!

Confession: No one cares.

On 6/11/2019 at 5:30 AM, Serpentine said:

I am a Little Monster since 2010. I really remember those days where I enjoyed Gaga's music so much. I was eagerly waiting for a new music video and stayed up all night for award shows. But something was happening all these years stunning... I started to not enjoy her music but focus on her success. The acclaim and success she got from performances made me felt like I was winning something. I was cheering for her like she was from my family. Her success meant my success. I gradually embodied her achievements. Sad, pathetic you may say... It really is though... I hate the fact that I can't listen to her music anymore... Because I got fed up from the hits... and as for other songs... every one that flopped is immediately banished from my music as if it did something wrong... I want to let it go... I don't want to follow her up anymore. I want to be surprised and get excited for her new music. Achievements are temporary. What matters is the longevity of good music...

Bye fellow little monsters, I am leaving this fanbase and start to stun Gaga as someone from the GP.

Love for you all :heart2: 

why is everybody attacking you?? when what you said is TRUE..  :heart2:

i also wanted to give up stanning for good but it's too hard to let go..

No one asked or cared but thx xo

15 hours ago, Avariko said:

A lot of Little Monsters secretly agree!

it's not just the liddo.. did you even read the OP???

When you're too invested with the commercial and critical success, sometimes enjoying the music for it being music is overshadowed.. Admit or Not, Stan World (majority of it) is too focused in achievements

experiencing MUSIC as a part of the GP is pure and not toxic, kinda missed it tbh..

stanning is just too hard to let go :cries:

but ASIB is slaying the chart :cm:

Stream " God Control" by Madonna :thing:

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

experiencing MUSIC as a part of the GP is pure and not toxic, kinda missed it tbh..

stanning is just too hard to let go :cries:

Exactly! Thanks for being supportive and not crucifying me like the others. You seem to value music (which is exactly what Gaga does). And ppl here misunderstood me that I might hate Gaga, which is far from that! I still love her so much. But the toxicity of fanbases made the good experience of enjoying music go bad. I don't want to be part of any fan base. I will probably leave this chart/success obsessed forum too. It's so toxic. I rather go somewhere meaningful than seeing a bunch of 'stans' arguing over numbers. :heart2:

What exactly made you think this was deserving of its own thread

She hasn’t had a good album since The Fame Monster, so it’s understandable (unless you include the A Star Is Born Soundtrack). 

It's admirable you were brave enough to confess this, not many liddos do.

51 minutes ago, Quaithe said:

Confession: No one cares.

Honestly.

Go right a medium post or start a journal, idk why anyone from any fanbase thinks anyone actually gives a ****.

Posted (edited)

This thread made me think: Am I a Stan? Or just a fan? I own every Gaga album but yet to attend her concert (she never set foot here again since 2012). I also barely know her certifications and don't really follow her around except when she's releasing singles/albums. I know she won Grammys, amas, VMA's etc but don't know the how many times she won those awards. I barely play her disco anymore but I'm always excited for new materials and stream them during release week (and after that sometimes). I don't watch her interviews anymore nor know the full setlist of her current residency.

Am I not a Stan and just a fan? :confused:

I'm very loyal tho

6 hours ago, Haus said:

There are definitely artists I tend to be more aware of - like for the most part, whoever's in my signature is usually someone I'm keeping tabs on at the moment. However, that doesn't mean I don't always like everything they do and I pretty much do make it clear when something they do doesn't work for me. In that respect, I don't consider myself a stan because I don't try to convince myself to like or support what an artist has done - they can do what they want, I respect that decision but as a fan, if I don't like that song or that album, I'm going to go listen to something else I do like more.

I'll even go out on a limb and say that there are artists whose full catalogs I do enjoy, so as a result, I would pay more attention to them - but I'm also not necessarily hanging on their every word. The closest I'd say I come to "stanning" would be for Carly, and even then, I don't tweet about her all the time or listen to her music all the time. 

I just feel like there's so many artists putting so much music that ignoring that to focus on music I may not like as much because it came from this artist or that artist doesn't really do any favors for me. I'm not saying you couldn't be a stan - but to me, stan means being someone who is really devoted to everything about that artist no matter what, and I'm not that person anymore. I also don't get enjoyment from engaging in like 20 posts and 10 different threads fighting over the same artists and the same material. I might make a snide comment from time to time because I do have opinions and I like to share those opinions, but I also don't feel like music is something to be argued over - people like what they like and my tastes aren't more valid than someone else's.

Anyways, this is getting to be a really lengthy post so if anyone reads this, I guess thanks for taking the time to have an interesting discussion on stan culture. 

Good for you! People should enjoy music for what it is.

I'm glad you made the topic. Some users hate to read it because the truth hurts. Not just monsters. Stans in general.