Unapologetic — 66 weeks

Talk That Talk — 55 weeks

Rated R — 45 weeks

A Girl Like Me — 45 weeks
Music Of The Sun — 35 weeks

Good Girl Gone Bad: The Remixes — 4 weeks

Rated R: Remixed — 1 week

Rihanna has now spent 600 combined weeks on the Billboard 200. :clap3: 

ANTI :deadbanana2: Hopefully GGGB snatch 100 weeks by the time R9 is out. 

Oh wow I didn't know her debut spent that long on the chart, impressive. ANTi's (continued) domination :jonny5:

27 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

ANTI :deadbanana2: Hopefully GGGB snatch 100 weeks by the time R9 is out. 

It most def will, the fact it’s getting the same amount of weekly streams as Anti on Spotify right now but it hasn’t re-entered :rip: I guess its streams are very global 

Her and Beyoncé are really the defining female artists of this decade. :clap3:Their achievements go beyond the charts, it’s a cultural achievement when they succeed. I love them both, they’re carrying music and culture on their ****ing BACKS. 

The gap between ANTI and the others :rip: streaming really did wonders for her career. 

1 hour ago, alfonso12 said:

The gap between ANTI and the others :rip: streaming really did wonders for her career. 

Releasing after few years period did. She released album after album with year gap, check the list. It applies. :mandown:

Legend. :clap3:

29 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

Releasing after few years period did. She released album after album with year gap, check the list. It applies. :mandown:

Legend. :clap3:

Then why Unaplogetic doesn't even have half of those weeks (even less than Loud) when it didn't have any album to "overshadow" it for years?

Anti was still top 30 on its 45th week. By their 45th week Rated R, Talk that talk and Unapologetic were already out of the top 100, Loud was out of the top 50; by that 45th week there was still no new album to overshadow any of them, yet they were already leaving the charts so yeah, it's not the gap what made the difference, streaming did.

Edited by alfonso12

1 hour ago, alfonso12 said:

Then why Unaplogetic doesn't even have half of those weeks (even less than Loud) when it didn't have any album to "overshadow" it for years?

Anti was still top 30 on its 45th week. By their 45th week Rated R, Talk that talk and Unapologetic were already out of the top 100, Loud was out of the top 50; by that 45th week there was still no new album to overshadow any of them, yet they were already leaving the charts so yeah, it's not the gap what made the difference, streaming did.

45 weeks is 1.5 months short of a year so it's not like they did bad :rip:

Yes, Rihanna has great streams just as she had great digital sales and it's translated to more weeks on the charts but to try and make it seem like 45 weeks on the charts is bad is stupid :ahh:

OT: Not bad for a "singles artist" :clap3:

2 hours ago, alfonso12 said:

This is literally the case for almost every artist, what are you trying to prove :skull: Ever since streaming, smash albums have spent a much longer time on the charts than they otherwise would.

1 hour ago, lonnie said:

45 weeks is 1.5 months short of a year so it's not like they did bad :rip:

Yes, Rihanna has great streams just as she had great digital sales and it's translated to more weeks on the charts but to try and make it seem like 45 weeks on the charts is bad is stupid :ahh:

OT: Not bad for a "singles artist" :clap3:

I'm not saying that they did bad, I just said that streaming did wonders for her performance chart-wise since her album spent tons of weeks there compared to other eras that felt bigger. She was everywhere during the Loud era yet the album didn't even chart half of the weeks that Anti charted.

51 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

This is literally the case for almost every artist, what are you trying to prove :skull: Ever since streaming, smash albums have spent a much longer time on the charts than they otherwise would.

Well that's literally what I meant in my first post when I said streaming did wonders but your fellow navy member came to say that it was not streaming. :rip:

2 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

I'm not saying that they did bad, I just said that streaming did wonders for her performance chart-wise since her album spent tons of weeks there compared to other eras that felt bigger. She was everywhere during the Loud era yet the album didn't even chart half of the weeks that Anti charted.

Well that's literally what I meant in my first post when I said streaming did wonders but your fellow navy member came to say that it was not streaming. :rip:

Streaming changed the metrics for everyone. Your post tried to make it seem as though Rihanna  needed the longevity when those albums (even MOTS) did well staying on the charts as long as they did. LOUD had 8 months before TTT era began, of course that cut out some of the weeks it would have done on the charts if Rihanna wasn't releasing as fast as she was then. She's been able to remain very popular since releasing Anti 3 years ago and people still stream the album, which in turn helps its chart run it's not really complicated. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.