Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Marvel's Avengers (SQEX) | May 15, 2020

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco — including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix are excited to unveil Marvel’s Avengers, an epic action-adventure game that combines cinematic storytelling with single-player and co-operative gameplay. Developed by Crystal Dynamics in collaboration with Eidos-Montréal, Nixxes Software, and Crystal Northwest, Marvel’s Avengers will release simultaneously for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, Stadia, and PC on May 15, 2020.

I thought this was a movie :skull: 

2 minutes ago, Cherish said:

I thought this was a movie :skull: 

ME! too :skull: 

Gameplay looked on rails a bit. 

I wish them... an ounce of luck. 

Just saw this on Square Enix conference which might as well have been called the Final Fantasy conference considering every game they showed was FF except for some local Popstar-type games.

I'm disappointed mostly as the graphics and animation aren't impressive. Let's just say Insomniac Games, who made Spider-Man, is a 9/10, this game looks more of a 6-7. 

On the plus, you can team up with 3 friends, new heroes and regions will be free-of-charge so no one is left out and there will be no loot boxes or pay-to-win scenarios.

They have several studios working on this game so I'm trying to find / see their angle - a production of this magnitude costs a lot of money and if they aren't charging for DLC or loot boxes, the money gotta come from somewhere... 

So weird without the actors faces. Also the lack of diversity is a sore thumb

2 minutes ago, BadHabits said:

Just saw this on Square Enix conference.

I'm disappointed mostly as the graphics and animation aren't impressive. Let's just say Insomniac Games, who made Spider-Man, is a 9/10, this game looks more of a 6-7. 

On the plus, you can team up with 3 friends, new heroes and regions will be free-of-charge so no one is left out and there will be no loot boxes or pay-to-win scenarios.

They have several studios working on this game so I'm trying to find / see their angle - a production of this magnitude costs a lot of money and if they aren't charging for DLC or loot boxes, the money gotta come from somewhere... 

Probably going to charge for cosmetics and something like a battle pass. 

Y’all hyped for......this? :bibliahh:

Xf5nVNL.gif

hopefully the multiplayer aspect saves it, it sounds like it has potential

I came here thinking they milked out an Avengers 5. :deadbanana2:

The way they didn't even bother to make the characters look like the iconic movie actors:rip:

Posted (edited)

Why are people making fuss about characters don’t look like their movie version

Spider-man in PS4 game doesn’t look like Tom Holland too

Of course they don’t have money to pay those movie stars to do motion capture and even they have those money, those stars don’t have time to do it

This looks so good. The ATRL mods who are gamers like it to (but also question gameplay). :duca: 

This looks terrible :rip: 

This looks good. Hopefully it's just as good as Marvel's Spider-Man :duca: 

No Slaying Witch? :noparty:

3 minutes ago, Blood Magic said:

This looks terrible :rip: 

Y'all said the same about the Sony's Spider-Man game and it turned out better than ANY live action Spider-Man film :lmao: 

1 minute ago, xrosup said:

:skull:

Also Natasha's face looks horrendous. :mazen:

4 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Y'all said the same about the Sony's Spider-Man game and it turned out better than ANY live action Spider-Man film :lmao: 

source.gif

Spider-Man looked much better than this and it was also from a different, and apparently, more capable studio.

6 minutes ago, xrosup said:

omg