Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Buzzfeed:When did Katy and Taylor get so boring?

114 posts in this topic

Two of pop’s biggest superstars seem unwilling to take any interesting risks.

Well for Taylor it started when she only sought out opinions and thoughts from the tumblr cupcakes of the fanbase :michael: 

Posted (edited)

They are in their healing eras.  No risks needed.

giphy.gif

They’ve always been

Like we can understand why Katy did what she did, because **** publications like Buzzfeed drag the hell out of her and kinda put her career on life saving last era

But Taylor, I don't understand why did Taylor came back with ME!ss

look who's calling the kettle black, buzzfeed and its tired content can rot

2 minutes ago, Hallucinogen said:

They’ve always been

It's not like "risks" would help their cause. 🙄 Especially not Taylor since reputation was nothing like her past eras and she got nothing but heavy criticism for that. May as well go with what (you think) will work.

Katy did and she flopped with her “woke-pop” album. Can’t blame her for returning to form. 

Taylor has never taken risks and has always been basic, only difference now is that she’s making TERRIBLE music. 

Taylor shouldn’t have signed with Republic. I feel like she was doing just fine and had more creative control with her previous label. I think it’s clear that ME! was a completely fabricated and inauthentic attempt to brighten her image and make her America’s sweetheart again.

6 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Well for Taylor it started when she only sought out opinions and thoughts from the tumblr cupcakes of the fanbase :michael: 

So... ever since Fearless then 

9 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

You mean the edgelord swifties?

3 minutes ago, ordinarynam said:

Like we can understand why Katy did what she did, because **** publications like Buzzfeed drag the hell out of her and kinda put her career on life saving last era

:cm: 

Buzzfeed is the cancer of the internet.

Just now, Fitzswiftie said:

So... ever since Fearless then 

Taylor went 180 with reputation though. No one asked that but she deliveredT.

a Latinx wave–chasing duet on Daddy Yankee’s “Con Calma,” which is now rising on the charts, but seems on-brand for Perry mostly because it’s trend-chasing.

:toofunny3:

5 minutes ago, ordinarynam said:

But Taylor, I don't understand why did Taylor came back with ME!ss

Sorry for asking, but who is the guy in your profile picture? He looks really hot :blush:

OT: Taylor - yeah - how dare they drag Katy though???

2 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Katy did and she flopped with her “woke-pop” album. Can’t blame her for returning to form. 

Taylor has never taken risks and has always been basic, only difference now is that she’s making TERRIBLE music. 

The anger. Let it all out sis!

OT: reputation is her latest album—a dark, industrial heavy, electroclash pop... in 2017.

Also, what kind of safe label would trust an 18 year old to release an all self-written album after a commercial success?

Because society and the Internet bullied them towards this.

5 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

You mean the edgelord swifties?

No I don’t mean that :michael: stop trying to make that phrase happen, it’s never going to happen :michael: 

7 minutes ago, Hug said:

It's not like "risks" would help their cause. 🙄 Especially not Taylor since reputation was nothing like her past eras and she got nothing but heavy criticism for that. May as well go with what (you think) will work.

reputation still succeed looking back.

Katy tried to do something different, which wasn’f even really different from her previous albums and completely bombed.

Her and her team quickly realized that if she’s to have any success in music, she’s gonna have to stick to the generic, inoffensive bubblegum pop music cuz that’s literally the only thing she can (somewhat) sell. 

Katy will never be able to do anything other than generic pop music, if she wants any success. That’s just the type of artist she is, if you catch my drift. :)

1 minute ago, Taylor fanboy said:

The anger. Let it all out sis!

OT: reputation is her latest album—a dark, industrial heavy, electroclash pop... in 2017.

Also, what kind of safe label would trust an 18 year old to release an all self-written album after a commercial success?

What anger?

Just stating my opinion, which is more aligned with the thoughts of the general public than yours bro.

Just now, Redstreak said:

No I don’t mean that :michael: stop trying to make that phrase happen, it’s never going to happen :michael: 

Make what happen? It already did. Stream ME! to find out.

3 minutes ago, britnixx said:

Sorry for asking, but who is the guy in your profile picture? He looks really hot :blush:

OT: Taylor - yeah - how dare they drag Katy though???

Andy Baraghani from the best cooking channel on Youtube Bon Apetite

1 minute ago, liberalmusiclover said:

What anger?

Just stating my opinion, which is more aligned with the thoughts of the general public than yours bro.

:ahh: