Billboard to revise its rules on album bundles

Arthoe

Tbh, ticket bundles shouldn't count either unless BB can prove part of the concert price will be financially seen as a CD sale, because let's face it, those tickets would have sold with or without the album. It's like putting perfume samples in magazines and saying you sold 20,000 units of perfume because 20,000 people bought the magazine.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• Madonno

• liberalmusiclover

• robbyds

I've been saying. A scam, just get rid of it

Redemptions should be mandatory, and honestly they should make bundles physical-only.

Nobody is listening to MP3 files they are emailed.

Album bundles should only count for tickets sales and that’s it, everything has been getting out of hand 

I was scared for Madge  :jonny5:

Thank god it's for next year

For the ones saying Poor Nicki, she also used bundles so her numbers would have decreased too and Travis would have still been #1 because his streams were bigger :cm:

I think bundles are great but they should be offered without the singles or albums just in case the buyer doesn't want them.

1 hour ago, Hector said:

At least Madame X is safe :jonny5: 

skjfashfkdsf

Not Madonna causing a New change of rules, once again :rip:

At least this time she´ll be fine.

Anyway, I don't see the problem with album bundles.

But they have the ****ing nerve to mix streams with sales :asfjkasfjsdgasdfjasdfs :bibliahh:

28 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

I don't see the problem with merch bundles... I mean, they're counting streams for the charts ffs :deadbanana4:

And they double counts them:

- Once for singles.

- And then for the album

:deadbanana4:

I- :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, BadMonster said:

I don't see the problem with merch bundles... I mean, they're counting streams for the charts ffs :deadbanana4:

Streams is not comparable to Merch Bundles. Streams is how people consume music. You guys need to stop being anti-streaming. Majority of america, and the world streams music now a days. Y’all are gonna have to get over it.

What is this energy drink bundles you guys are talking about? :deadbanana: 

It's about time. They should retroactively remove bundle sales too.

af6npe9u40z11.jpg

Imma need my fave to bundle her singles with Kellog cereal :duca:

As long as it's not this week it's fine :bibliahh:

7 hours ago, Madonno said:

skjfashfkdsf

Not Madonna causing a New change of rules, once again :rip:

At least this time she´ll be fine.

Anyway, I don't see the problem with album bundles.

But they have the ****ing nerve to mix streams with sales :asfjkasfjsdgasdfjasdfs :bibliahh:

Oh my God. It's 2019! How do you people still exist?

They should track when it’s redeemed NOT per transaction. It never made sense to me. You can’t go to a store and bulk purchase six albums on one transaction, it counts as one sale. But you can buy six merch items and it’s counted as six albums?

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

Streams is not comparable to Merch Bundles. Streams is how people consume music. You guys need to stop being anti-streaming. Majority of america, and the world streams music now a days. Y’all are gonna have to get over it.

Streams are Streams 

Sales are sales

In concept both very are different. 

Is like retro equal radio airplay to sales :rip:

15 hours ago, thedastardly said:

Tbh, ticket bundles shouldn't count either unless BB can prove part of the concert price will be financially seen as a CD sale, because let's face it, those tickets would have sold with or without the album. It's like putting perfume samples in magazines and saying you sold 20,000 units of perfume because 20,000 people bought the magazine.

Or perhaps the ticket bundles should count, but only during the week of the concert when the entire bundle has been redeemed. There have been cases where ticket bundles were used and some of the shows were cancelled. The people that ordered the tickets got refunds (and kept their free album).

Good! Next thing, fix that SPS bull****. Let 'Album Sales' be actually based on how much albums sell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.