Billboard to revise its rules on album bundles

Arthoe

It totally went over everybody's heads, but according to the PageSix article in which DJ Khaled will sue Billboard over his fraudulent energy drink bundles, Billboard has also announced they will revise their rules for album bundles.

Billboard announced it has reviewed its rules allowing artists to bundle albums with merch and will outline a new policy for 2020.

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/10/dj-khaled-planning-monster-lawsuit-against-billboard-chart/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Thoughts, ladies? :eek:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• Madonno

• liberalmusiclover

• robbyds

At least Madame X is safe :jonny5: 

TS7 better snatch that 2M debut while its still possible :mandown: 

Metamorphosis

About time. I love how it went from bundling with concert tickets, to energy drinks and socks/t-shirts. These artists have become out of control and are now behaving like children when they “lose.” Its time for Billboard to get this under control.

liberalmusiclover

It should only count with concert tickets. It shouldn’t count with merch. They’re just throwing the album away for free to boost numbers when they’re selling shirts for $20 with an album. 

Resultado de imagen para well it's over

10 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

About time. I love how it went from bundling with concert tickets, to energy drinks and socks/t-shirts. These artists have become out of control and are now behaving like children when they “lose.” Its time for Billboard to get this under control.

8 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

It should only count with concert tickets. It shouldn’t count with merch. They’re just throwing the album away for free to boost numbers when they’re selling shirts for $20 with an album. 

I'm fine with concert tickets, tbh. Even official online merch makes sense considering how expensive it is, they may as well throw-in an album with it. But energy drinks?! A new low :dies:

liberalmusiclover
11 minutes ago, JDC said:

Resultado de imagen para well it's over

Nicki, her impact

There should be ZERO album bundles. Streaming manipulates the numbers enough without adding in this as well. 

OR 

Each bundle should only count for a half sale considering those people were going to your concert anyway.

It was meant to be substantially more expensive than the album.

I wouldn't be surprised that they introduce a minimum price for bundles like 50 dollar.

DJ Khaled impact :jonny5:

but 2020 is late. They will probably change their minds by then. 

will outline a new policy for 2020.

NM5 delayed until 2020? :noparty: 

6 minutes ago, FAN said:

There should be ZERO album bundles. Streaming manipulates the numbers enough without adding in this as well. 

OR 

Each bundle should only count for a half sale considering those people were going to your concert anyway.

I feel like the sale should only count if the person who received the download code actually redeems it. :michael:

25 minutes ago, Hector said:

At least Madame X is safe :jonny5: 

What? Is there a ticket bundle with madame x tour? :deadbanana4:

Edited by merlls

24 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

Exactly :clap3:

Make Billboard Great Again! :angry:

Why would anyone sue Billboard? Isn't it just a chart? It's like suing Rotten Tomatoes because your movie got bad reviews.

who was the first to ticket bundles? i first noticed with the Weekend's album in 2015

7 minutes ago, Luis said:

Why would anyone sue Billboard? Isn't it just a chart? It's like suing Rotten Tomatoes because your movie got bad reviews.

Honestly, that hypothetical situation makes MORE sense than what Khaled is doing. If you get bad reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, you will be seen as a financial risk and the chances of being a part of future projects is lower. However, Khaled literally got #2 and is having THIS big of a fit over it. #2 is still great in the big picture and he looks bitter for no reason.

Thank God Madame X is safe !!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.