Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Do you wear a helmet when you cycle?

21 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't cycle

18 posts in this topic

Yesterday I went cycling near lake Garda where it's full of German/Dutch tourists and you can tell them apart from Italians because they're the only ones who wear a helmet when casually riding a bicycle. I was honestly shook at this lawful habit. Are you more of a German or more of an Italian when it comes to wearing helmets?

They must have been Germans because Dutch people don't were helmets either. The only people who wear helmets here are tourists and small kids.

19 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Yesterday I went cycling near lake Garda where it's full of German/Dutch tourists and you can tell them apart from Italians because they're the only ones who wear a helmet when casually riding a bicycle. I was honestly shook at this lawful habit. Are you more of a German or more of an Italian when it comes to wearing helmets?

Dutch people wearing helmets? Girl those are ALL Germans.

Fietsfile-def-1.jpg

yellowbike-tour-amsterdam-17juni2010-edwin-van-eis.jpg

Ain't no helmet there.

And no I don't wear a helmet. In my country we don't give people a false sense of security by forcing them to wear an ineffective helmet. Instead we work on tackling the root cause of accidents and build specific bicycle lanes, paths and roads and making car travel in the cities a less preferable mode of transportation than cycling.

It's unheard of to wear helmets in the Netherlands tbh. Unless you're like a kid who's still learning how to bike.

The Dutch tourists probably didn't trust the Italian drivers to be careful on the road and not hit them. I would do the same.

No and I should, especially while riding Bird scooters because they feel very dangerous :deadbanana4:

Yes, it’s very important to wear protection when riding. :keir:

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Yes, it’s very important to wear protection when riding. :keir:

dddd :deadbanana4:

OT: not really

No, but I should.

It seems only Germans do that.

No, I’m currently living in the Netherlands and nobody wears one so I don’t wanna stick out like a sore thumb :skull: 

On 6/9/2019 at 11:43 PM, KillingYourCareer said:

Literally no one in Holland wears a helmet when biking so I have no clue why you're spewing nonsense?

16 minutes ago, Cain said:

Literally no one in Holland wears a helmet when biking so I have no clue why you're spewing nonsense?

Why are you so angry over an inoffensive statement? Since car plates around lake Garda in summer are predominantly German, Austrian and Dutch, I assumed Dutchies wore helmets too. Somebody's in abstinence! :dies:

No, I wouldn't cycle if I had to, also I've read the positive health impact of riding a bicycle is far bigger than possible accidents :cm:

when I was younger my dad would force me to wear a helmet but now that I'm older I don't :beatfreak: